Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
It will not end.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Florida is in the cross hairs right now.

They are not going to stop until they own every square inch of our lands. Maybe it is time that I start looking outside the borders, Mexico should be empty soon. Maybe they will take me in.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-16-2022, 07:16 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I am not a financial expert, but I see things going south soon in the housing industry, so of course, I agree with this guy.

I am sure the Fed is going to increase the number of homeless people in America. I may be one of them.

I think what you'll see over the long run is your home's value (as assessed by the Property Appraiser's Office) will be diminished ... so you'll pay less property tax over time.

My piece of land was valued @ $880K. I put it up for bid starting @ $550K (just before the mortgage rate increase). Sold it in a week. TBH, I would have gladly retired there, but it was 20+ miles to get to anywhere my wife would want to go ... and 20+ miles back.

You never left me with the notion you were interested in 'moving away' ... so ... I figure it's all pretty relative for you.  There may be some stretch this way and that, but if you hang in there you'll be just fine.You get yourself a few small farm animals and they'll fetch a nice tax break too.
(10-03-2022, 05:29 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 07:16 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I am not a financial expert, but I see things going south soon in the housing industry, so of course, I agree with this guy.

I am sure the Fed is going to increase the number of homeless people in America. I may be one of them.

I think what you'll see over the long run is your home's value (as assessed by the Property Appraiser's Office) will be diminished ... so you'll pay less property tax over time.

My piece of land was valued @ $880K. I put it up for bid starting @ $550K (just before the mortgage rate increase). Sold it in a week. TBH, I would have gladly retired there, but it was 20+ miles to get to anywhere my wife would want to go ... and 20+ miles back.

You never left me with the notion you were interested in 'moving away' ... so ... I figure it's all pretty relative for you.  There may be some stretch this way and that, but if you hang in there you'll be just fine.You get yourself a few small farm animals and they'll fetch a nice tax break too.

Leaving is not my first choice, but the insurance companies have us by the short hairs.

I have a close friend that has already put in over $50,000 dollars into their home due to insurance demands. And if they will accept the corrections, they will still charge them damn near $8000.00 a year for insurance and can still dump them at will.

Their home was built in 1952. Up until this year it was a highly desired home because of its age and historical value. Now all that has gone with the wind and the insurance companies are basically making them rebuild the whole house. Funny that is on a track of land that investors have been trying to get their hands on for years.

They are building up all around us. We are actually just a small group of hold outs that they are coming for hard. I am just too old, too tired, too fed up, and too distrustful, to put up a good fight.

Maybe I will just get an old simple houseboat and sail off into the sunset. And just keep my sails set for calm waters.

• minusculebeercheers