Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any suggestions and help appreciated, buying pistol
@"GeauxHomeLittleD" , well I got a bauble like yours today!!   smallgreendancer

It does have a nice feel to it, grip is nice ....  the guy that waited on me at first said that they were out but the lady waiting on another customer chimed up and said, we have one left.

Then she went on and told me she has one and loves it.
Which I mentioned that you had told me about yours but wanted to check it out first to make sure I liked how it fit my hand since I cannot return it.

They did mention again, the Smith & Wesson EZ slide and I remembered what @"Ninurta" had said about them and Michael Bloomberg and "Mayors that want to ban your guns"    tinyok

I had to keep from grinning  (us Rogues got to stick together, yunno. LOL) and then I asked about the mag capacity on both, which I already knew the Ruger held more, but that gave me a polite way of saying, "no thanks, I'd like the other one"  tinylaughing

It is a nice baby, that is for sure

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(04-23-2022, 12:57 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Its a no brainer ... I suggest the S&W model 640 .357 Magnum/38 P+ with the concealed hammer [for snag free usage when C&C'ing]

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/model-640

[Image: 163690-sw-OnWhite-Right.png?itok=bYfoBjjk]

This

I used to consider it my back-up gun.  However, it's the first one into the pocket, so it's reclassified as the EDC gun.  Been considering M&P 340 as a replacement (to cut down on weight ...and chafing).  The 640 made for a great gift back in the days when I drew a paycheck.

@"senona" I've carried daily for 41 years now.  Never plugged anyone with the 640.  Last week I drew and shoved it into the belly of a panhandler who managed to sneak up on me.  So ... I can't say I never pulled it on anyone anymore.  Had I been carrying my Glock I'm pretty sure the guy would be doing the room temperature challenge.  That extra moment fishing it out of my pocket saved his life and spared me some time shplaining things to the cops.  Good thing for me that his ambush technique wasn't a deadly assault.  The gun kept it from becoming one.

It's the gun you will always carry with you that you want to own first.  When I was a young man, I thought a five-shot revolver wouldn't be enough.  Older and wiser ... I know it is.

One of the best features of a hammerless revolver is the ability to fire it repeatedly from concealment.  You only get one shot trying that with a semi-auto no matter what the magazine capacity is.
(04-24-2022, 06:04 AM)senona Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD" , well I got a bauble like yours today!!   smallgreendancer

It does have a nice feel to it, grip is nice ....  the guy that waited on me at first said that they were out but the lady waiting on another customer chimed up and said, we have one left.

Then she went on and told me she has one and loves it.
Which I mentioned that you had told me about yours but wanted to check it out first to make sure I liked how it fit my hand since I cannot return it.

They did mention again, the Smith & Wesson EZ slide and I remembered what @"Ninurta" had said about them and Michael Bloomberg and "Mayors that want to ban your guns"    tinyok

I had to keep from grinning  (us Rogues got to stick together, yunno. LOL) and then I asked about the mag capacity on both, which I already knew the Ruger held more, but that gave me a polite way of saying, "no thanks, I'd like the other one"  tinylaughing

It is a nice baby, that is for sure

So glad you like it! It definitely has a good feel to it. Too many of the smaller 9mm just feel too lightweight and sort of look like toys to me- something I considered because of the grandkids.

They aim true as well! First time I fired mine was at my CC permit shooting test and passed with flying colors! I had never shot a pistol with a slide before- only revolvers, rifles and shotguns- so everything about it was new to me but it turned out to be easy as pie.

I really think you're going to love this gun! I even found a velcro holster that wraps around my waist so I can carry even when I'm wearing leggings (which is always) without dragging them down. It even holds an extra clip. 

Don't remember if this is the exact one I got but it's like this:
Link

With leggings and a big tee shirt nobody even knows I'm carrying!

Have fun with your new bauble! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(04-23-2022, 02:07 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I have a Ruger Security 9 that I use for CC (the full sized one, not the smaller one that feels like a toy). Most of my lady friends carry Taurus 9mm (various models) except Cindy- that bitch carries a .44 in a shoulder holster under her big tee shirts! (She ain't playing around!)

Go with whatever feels right in your hand, that's your best bet.

Cindy must have some, umm, substantial assets to be able to hide a .44 in a shoulder holster under a flimsy, if oversized, t-shirt!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I daily carry a Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm. Very similar to the P365 but I liked the grip angle and general feel and pointability of the Hellcat over the 365. It also has a small red dot on it which can be beneficial with old eyes like mine but you need to practice and get confident with finding the dot but you shoot with both eyes open which is definitely a bonus. It has a small stubby grip with the flush 11rd mag but you can get both 13 and 15rd extended that also extend the grip so you can tailor it a bit. I generally carry the 11rnd in it since it offers the shorted grip length and thus easiest to conceal but carry a 13rnd spare in my pocket.

Even though the micro 9’s are awesome for size and capacity they are not for everyone and I highly advise shooting one before making a decision. They have short barrels and can be snappy recoil wise but once comfortable they are hard to beat for the size vs firepower equation. And this is coming from a 1911 snob. Good luck on the quest.
"Earth - Mostly Harmless" ~ The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
(04-24-2022, 06:41 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 02:07 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I have a Ruger Security 9 that I use for CC (the full sized one, not the smaller one that feels like a toy). Most of my lady friends carry Taurus 9mm (various models) except Cindy- that bitch carries a .44 in a shoulder holster under her big tee shirts! (She ain't playing around!)

Go with whatever feels right in your hand, that's your best bet.

Cindy must have some, umm, substantial assets to be able to hide a .44 in a shoulder holster under a flimsy, if oversized, t-shirt!

Let us just say he husband is most pleased! lmao!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
@"GeauxHomeLittleD" thanks for the link. I've got it saved to my 'survival' list      minusculebiggrin

I did order a few bauble accessories for it, which 2 should be in tomorrow
The other one the next day.

Trying to get everything in before I head over to my sister's in a couple of weeks.
I want to go the shooting range when I get there and I want to go in style!!  smallgreensmoker

a.k.a. 'snarky412'