Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
P C or Safe Place
Finally an Educational Institution that is Standing Up To The Pansies That Run Other Universities and Colleges.
Their Students well actually have to stand on their own two feet and take it like a Man or Woman and defend their way of thinking!   smallgreennumberone

Quote:University of Chicago to Incoming Freshmen: Don’t Expect ‘Safe Spaces’ Here
 I applaud You! minusculeclap  smallgreenklatsch
Quote:The University of Chicago, one of America’s most prestigious and selective universities, is warning incoming students starting this fall not to expect safe spaces and a trigger-free existence during their four-year journey through academia.
In a letter sent to the class of 2020, Dean of Students John (Jay) Ellison said one of the defining characteristics of the school was its unwavering commitment to freedom of inquiry and expression. Civility and mutual respect are vital to the campus culture, the letter states, but not at the expense of shielding students from unpopular opinions or ideas.
“Our commitment to academic freedom means that we do not support so-called “trigger warnings,” we do not cancel invited speakers because their topics might prove controversial, and we do not condone the creation of intellectual “safe spaces” where individuals can retreat from ideas and perspectives at odds with their own,” the letter states.
How many well go running home to Mommy?
Quote:The warning from Chicago stands in sharp contrast to many other American universities that have gone out of their way to coddle students by protecting them from ideas they may find offensive or disturbing.

So-called trigger warnings have been issued over everything from newspaper opinion pieces to art exhibits to reading assignments so that students who might find the content distressing or disturbing can avoid being exposed to it.

Safe spaces, where students can shelter from ideas or expression they find discomforting, are the other trend du jour on some campuses.
Brown University last year turned a room on campus into a safe space by outfitting it with cookies, coloring books, soft music, pillows and a video of frolicking puppies, along with trauma counselors, after students complained that a speaker invited to campus would be too upsetting.

The University of Chicago is having none of it.
To drive home the point, the letter to students includes a link to a report on freedom of expression issued by the university in January 2015. The report quotes a former president of the University, Hanna Holborn Gray, as saying that “education should not be intended to make people comfortable, it is meant to make them think.
“Universities should be expected to provide the conditions within which hard thought, and therefore strong disagreement, independent judgment, and the questioning of stubborn assumptions can flourish in an environment of the greatest freedom,” she stated.
Source

Can you believe that, Cookies, Videos of Puppies, Pillows and Soft Music and lets not forget those 100 dollar an hour Trauma Counselors! tinywhat BULLSHIT!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Good for them, I applaud them for not taking the 'Safe space' bullshit route.

It does nothing but harm the students being as  "real life" is much tougher once they get out of college and therefore, pampering them as they have been doing is not going to prepare them for what lays ahead of them.

Our country is full of diverse people.
These cupcakes had better start accepting that and not whine around due to difference of political views, race, religion etc etc

Not sure who started this crap of "Safe Space" but it is ignorant as hell and not gonna help them once they leave.

IMO that will lead to mental issues at work or even with friends, if they cannot carry on a conversation without getting "offended" at opposing views/ideas from their co-workers/friends.
In fact, they may end up being cry babies and tattle tales in the work environment and no one will want to be around them.
Just my opinion mind you......sigh

[Image: 9b83f92e23264e7797f9a0d5057beae6.png]

Quote:Brown University last year turned a room on campus into a safe space by outfitting it with cookies, coloring books, soft music, pillows and a video of frolicking puppies, along with trauma counselors, after students complained that a speaker invited to campus would be too upsetting.

WTF?????

What, are they 5 years old now?

See that right there is why they could have issues once they leave college....there won't be anyone to pass out cookies and coloring books all the while watching a video of frolicking puppies.

Suck it up buttercup!
Stop being so god damned weak
You had better get prepared for what Life is about to throw at you....cause it will be a lot more stressful than who will be speaking on campus.
Pussies!!!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Surprised .... had figured they were all pc bullshit reeducation camps for all the little girly boys and girls and whatevers .... that are running around over there .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Is there a safe space on rogue nation where I could get away from all of these negative thoughts?

no?

Good.

minusculebeercheers
How refreshing!

I had just about given up hope on America, then... this! It's significant.

It's significant because this is the University of Chicago. Let that sink in. Chicago, the home of Progressive snot-nosed whiny-assed crybaby pussies! it's a manufacturing center for such, for crying out loud! Chicago is where they MAKE 'em!

If the University of Chicago can make a stand against the pussification of America's Intelligentsia, then hope is not dead!
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-27-2016, 05:52 PM)Ninurta Wrote: How refreshing!

I had just about given up hope on America, then... this! It's significant.

It's significant because this is the University of Chicago. Let that sink in. Chicago, the home of Progressive snot-nosed whiny-assed crybaby pussies! it's a manufacturing center for such, for crying out loud! Chicago is where they MAKE 'em!

If the University of Chicago can make a stand against the pussification of America's Intelligentsia, then hope is not dead!
YUP!
Chicago gave us our current Whiner In-Chief, (It's Bush's Fault, It's Bush's Fault), [Image: bush_fault.gif]
[Image: Whiner-in-Chief.jpg] [Image: obama+crybaby+2.jpg]
(08-26-2016, 06:42 PM)gordi Wrote: Is there a safe space on rogue nation where I could get away from all of these negative thoughts?

no?

Good.

minusculebeercheers

Gordi, Hummmmmm, I got a Safe Room For Ya,,,,,, Well it's kind of safe  tinybiggrin
[Image: dominatrix_2.jpg]
OMG,,, Yes The Safe Place is still a Common Practice it seems.
The Cry Babies are still being Pandered To.
What they need it to go home to Mama and Grow Up or Get A Life and Take These Pansy Ass Professors and Administrators With Them!
[Image: safespace.shutterstock-370x242.jpg]
Quote:‘Safe space’ room debuts at Duke University
That's right Duke University! How Fricking Shameful tinyangry !
Quote:Students at Duke University’s Sanford School of Public Policy can take refuge in a new safe space.

The room, literally called the “Sanford Safe Space,” will make its debut this year in a former faculty office turned safe space, reports The Duke Chronicle student newspaper.
Yes, Babies, you have a Safe Place To Go And Whine and Cry and Suck Your Thumb!
Quote:“We want to have a place for people who feel marginalized and face constant attention for characteristics that are immutable—like their skin color or their religion, their immigration status or whether they’re from another country—to be able to heal,” said Professor Kathryn Whetten, co-chair of the Sanford Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, which developed the safe space.

The Chronicle reports Whetten billed the room as an experiment in helping people heal, that a social worker will be present, and the place aims to help everyone from minorities to military members to conservatives.
As far as Conservatives or Military Members Needing a Social Worker To help Them Heal from Someone Looking at them in a Mean Way or Saying Something Mean,,,,,, I Don't Think So!!! tinysure But if they do, My Advice, Turn In Your Man or Womans Card, You Aren't Either!
Quote:Kemp, in her email to The College Fix, also referred to a website with information about the Sanford Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, which was established last year. According to the website, it “strives to create a working and learning environment that lives up to the mission of the Sanford School of Public Policy and includes representatives from a diverse range of Sanford’s communities, including students, staff, faculty and administrators.”

“As a leader in the field of public policy studies, the Sanford School has a responsibility to grapple with tough questions related to the major challenges of our time. As recent events have demonstrated, diversity and inclusion are central among these challenges.”
Source
Progressives in our Higher Learning Institutes Are Destroying Our Young!
University ruined by gutless intellectuals that don't acknowledge the realities of a complex world where aside from aggressive forms of harassment, no one gives a Shit if you're Too Pussified  To Stand Up For or Take Care Of Yourself!
They're Changing Universities into daycare centers!
Remember This Wussies,,,, [Image: angryteacher_badAmerica.gif] Run Home To Your Mama's Skirt!
I'm Not Done Yet.
Can you believe these Assholes telling Students to Use Only Helpful Language to Speak Only When Spoken To!!!!

Quote:Rutgers: to avoid microaggressions, only speak when 'necessary'

I need to visit one of these campuses, I'd have these Children Crying and Pissing themselves in One Minute!

Quote:Students in at least one Rutgers University residence hall are being encouraged to use only language that is “helpful” and “necessary” to avoid committing microaggressions.

The display, photos of which were obtained by Campus Reform, is titled “Language Matters: Think,” and was placed in the College Avenue Apartments by a resident assistant, according to a current resident of the building who does not wish to be identified.

Erected as part of the university’s “Language Matters” campaign, the bulletin board instructs students to ask themselves whether their choice of words is “true,” “helpful,” “inspiring,” “necessary,” and “kind” before speaking out, and also includes a list of potentially-offensive terms, such as “retarded” and “illegal aliens.”

The board warns students that failing to follow these guidelines could lead them to commit a microaggression, which include “microassaults,” “microinsults,” and “microinvalidations.”
 Source
I'm Sorry, I just couldn't Stand To Reread The Pansy Ass Progressive Bull Shit Again.
Yea, Pansy, About finding and keeping a job if you are too weak to be around people who think differently than you.
Make sure you tell your new boss which words you won't allow.
Also ask them if they have a Safe Place For You To Run To If You're Offended and are they paying for and providing Social Counselors?
What is scary is in a few years a few of these Pansy's will be elected to some congressional office and will try to pass some crazy laws to make this crap law of the land.
Let's hope this tide of ridiculous behavior is finally turning.

The world of social media isn't real and maybe... just maybe, young people
and over-reactive older ones will now see that the general rules and advice
of reality can also be applied in a electronic system that mainly deals in gossip
and sh*t-throwing.

As this hopeful evolution takes place, the young men and women who will
drive this bus when we're in our graves, will learn that not everything is out
to kill them and the people are generally just ass-holes because you let them
be ass-holes.

And let them be just that, you just don't have to panic, demand a place of
safety and react like a child.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I'm going to invest in a bubble-wrap factory!
minusculebeercheers
Well the Progressives are not done Destroying Our Future Leaders.
Quote:UNL students restricted by new ‘respect’ policy
Respect This You Liberal Piece Of Shit!
[Image: PsC27r0.gif] [Image: the-finger-fuck-you-gif.gif?gs=a]
[Image: 3220942.jpg] [Image: zs9z16] You get how Pissed I am Yet?
Quote:Calling the University of Nebraska Lincoln a place that “values acceptance,” the institution kicked off the fall semester with its newly installed chancellor essentially telling new students they should not say or do things that might be offensive or cause people to feel disrespected, calling the stance “nonnegotiable.”
“We insist on a culture of respect, and we recognize that words and actions really matter,” Chancellor Ronnie Green said during a speech at the new student convocation on Aug. 19.
While suggesting the university values free speech and freedom of expression, Green – who took the helm of UNL this summer – went on to declare: “We do not tolerate actions of hate and disrespect.”
The policy, being called by campus leaders a set of “belief statements” on diversity and inclusion, is also spelled out on its website.
Green’s comments come as Christianity and conservatism — even support of Donald Trump — is accused of being intolerant, hateful and racist on campuses nationwide.
Green did not define, neither in his speech or the written policy underscoring it, what an action of disrespect might be, leaving it widely open to interpretation. The vague set of beliefs also comes a time when accusations of microaggressions, or unintentional slights some interpret as racist acts, have a vice grip on universities.
“We all share in the responsibility to create a positive culture here and to safeguard equity, inclusion, diversity and respect,” Green continued in his speech. “ … We take action when we observe something or someone being treated unfairly or in a demeaning manner. It’s our core belief as a university here at the University of Nebraska. It’s nonnegotiable. That’s who we are.”
What You Are!!! You Are Really Nothing More But Mama Boys and Girls Enablers! Run Home To mama or Their Safe Place Cowards!
Quote:Green reiterated his stance in a memo to students.
The “belief statements” also come as the university announces a new assistant vice president for diversity, access and inclusion, Stancia Whitcomb Jenkins.
‘If you can’t express yourself respectfully, shut up’
At least one critic rebuked the policy, saying it means students are no longer allowed to dissent from progressive ideas.
“Chancellor Green has informed UNL’s new students that UNL has a non-negotiable list of expected beliefs about matters of diversity and inclusion,” said intellectual freedom activist David Moshman in the Huffington Post.
“In other words, here in the UNL community, we encourage you to speak up but if you say the wrong thing we will not tolerate it,” he continued. “Feel free to politely criticize the ideas of ISIS or the Ku Klux Klan, for example, but make sure not to show any disrespect, much less hatred, for any group, individual, or ideology. If you can’t express yourself respectfully, shut up.”
These measures could also be alarming to some students at UNL, found to have zero Republican political science professors, The College Fix reported.
“Lincoln has trended towards the social justice principles for years. So I’m not surprised, I just won’t be a part of it,” UNL student Gus Burnette told The College Fix. “There are plenty of open arms to liberal rights groups, minorities, the LGBTQ community, and even libertarians. But if you dare bring up God, for example, be ready to be yelled at.”
Source
[Image: 1%2B1ninetymilesbwigy1v81vb4o1_540.jpg] How sad. When these snowflakes enter the real world they will be offended, only now, their college experience will keep them from dealing with it in a rational manner. They may have to call their mommies.
[Image: ?url=%2Fcmsmedia%2Fb6%2F5b%2F880cbec5440...umb-2.jpeg]Poor Baby! tinylaughing
Here's the classic example and I guess a lot of you have seen it!

There was a time when kids went to school to learn, but heh... I'm just an old guy!!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
When I was at university, my safe place was the bar :)
(09-01-2016, 08:49 PM)guohua Wrote:
Quote:Rutgers: to avoid microaggressions, only speak when 'necessary'

"Microaggressions"? The hell is a "microaggression"? An aggression so bitty that nobody notices? What good is that? If I'm going to aggress someone, I damned well WANT them to notice! No point to it otherwise! No wonder so many folks are getting killed these days - dumbasses don't know a real aggression, maybe we should call it "macroaggression" so they can figure it out, and they get blindsided by them while they're seeking out bitty little "microaggressions"!

Quote:I need to visit one of these campuses, I'd have these Children Crying and Pissing themselves in One Minute!

I'm with ya! let's go have a couple beers to lube the vocal chords, and go teach 'em how to wet themselves properly!

Quote:What is scary is in a few years a few of these Pansy's will be elected to some congressional office and will try to pass some crazy laws to make this crap law of the land.

There's still hope. I've been doing managerial kind of work lately, and most of the workforce there is kids. The other day, one young lady had a grouchy-assed customer on the phone, and asked for help. She said the fiery entitled young man was telling her what she WAS GOING to do regarding his difficulties, and as it turned out, what he was demanding was impossible - so you see the conflict.

I said " 'Scuse me - I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you just say the fella told you what you were GONNA do?" and got a response in the affirmative, to which I replied " He seems not to comprehend the situation. You gotta understand that YOU are in the driver's seat here. YOU have this fella's whole world in your hands. YOU have your finger on the button, not him - YOU own this situation, YOU are in control" Then I went into a minor drill sergeant sort of meltdown that drew a little attention and dropped some jaws, made a couple eyes bug out, all without getting loud or rowdy, or using the same word twice. By the time I was done, a small crowd was standing, and one kid started clapping, and that spread through the tiny crowd. Apparently, as the kid told me, they had never heard such creative use of the English language without resort to vulgarisms.

So, the young lady was nearly in tears because of the dickhead on the phone, and her inability to resolve the conflict by doing the impossible. I said "here's what you do to resolve this mess: be firm. You don't have to be nasty or combative, just be firm. You are a rock, and he's NOT going to move you. He has to be given that understanding. What he wants can't be done. End. Of." And I left her there to sort it out.

I checked back on her a little later, and she was simply amazed. I asked her if it worked, and with awe in her voice (awe of her own abilities, and what she had accomplished) she said "Yeah, it did. He just said 'oh, ok' and that was the end of it."

Did I give her a "safe space"? Why hell no! I made her use a new tool she didn't have before to resolve it, and she got it done on her own. Now she'll have that tool in her kit forever, and won't need me when the situation arises again, anywhere in life. Whats more, all the kids who witnessed it have that tool now, too.

Instead of a "safe space", I gave her a set of balls of her very own that she'll need a wheel barrow to haul around.

There is hope. You don't coddle them or give them "safe spaces" to hide in, you give them the tools to handle it on their own, and cut 'em loose to handle it. Like any other kids, they can be taught, and God help those whiny snot-nosed "safe spacers" if they ever have a run in with MY kids. I already know whose gonna lose.

There is wisdom in the Bible, regardless of the religious aspects. In Proverbs it says "train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Those whiny-assed kids being "prepared" at these liberal colleges ain't getting trained right, and when they run up against MY kids in the real world years from now, they're gonna be in for a hell of a ride.

Come to think of it, we're getting a little long in the tooth these days. How 'bout we just train a few more kids and cut 'em loose on the world, then sit in the shade with our beers and watch 'em clean up?
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Will bring the drinks ..... though doubt any of the lot over there would survive my training .... 

Is ok ... will smoke cigars .... drink.... ogle girls ..... and make comments about the lineage of the lot of em as you guys train em .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Yes the creation of the Safe Space Hotline,,,,,  minusculeclap for the Loser Biden Voter and the "I Don't Know What Sex I Am" in YOUR Family.  minusculebeercheers