Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Black salve/ointment
So, had this dodgie looking thing on my face for a year or so, couldn’t see it but if I scratched it, always there, kinda annoying. Where I come from, skin cancer at my age is very common, very dangerous obviously but, meh, bit lazy, not a fan of doctors and not one to panic
Anyway, a suggestion on good old Facebook, in a discussion suggested -
Black salve/ointment for dodgie skin things
Why not have a crack
Ebayed it for $20 odd, arrived, rubbed it on, a day latter this wound appeared on the site of the skin thing, nowhere else but where the thing was, no damage to surrounding skin, little bit of acid burning pain but nothing bad and now, the scab is healing nicely. Tried it on another couple of spots, one scabbed over a little bit, another nothing
Evidently this black ointment only attacks skin problems not healthy skin, I can attest to that

Did some research and main stream medicine call it snake oil, so far so good in my books

Evidently an old American Indian remedy, (blood root?) never heard of it, use it on horses for skin issues but not people because?
Well be interesting to see how it heals over in a few days or a week, scars or maybe no scars
Anyone else come across it

Interesting is how it worked like all those who recommended said it would work. At worst it will leave a scar but, doctors burn them off and doctors leave a scar anyway

Anyway, I always recommend you seek professional medical advice, don’t pay attention to people like me
(04-12-2022, 02:47 PM)Raggedyman Wrote: So, had this dodgie looking thing on my face for a year or so, couldn’t see it but if I scratched it, always there, kinda annoying. Where I come from, skin cancer at my age is very common, very dangerous obviously but, meh, bit lazy, not a fan of doctors and not one to panic
Why not have a crack
Ebayed it for $20 odd, arrived, rubbed it on, a day latter this wound appeared on the site of the skin thing, nowhere else but where the thing was, no damage to surrounding skin, little bit of acid burning pain but nothing bad and now, the scab is healing nicely. Tried it on another couple of spots, one scabbed over a little bit, another nothing
Evidently this black ointment only attacks skin problems not healthy skin, I can attest to that

Did some research and main stream medicine call it snake oil, so far so good in my books

Evidently an old American Indian remedy, (blood root?) never heard of it, use it on horses for skin issues but not people because?
Well be interesting to see how it heals over in a few days or a week, scars or maybe no scars

Interesting is how it worked like all those who recommended said it would work. At worst it will leave a scar but, doctors burn them off and doctors leave a scar anyway

Anyway, I always recommend you seek professional medical advice, don’t pay attention to people like me
i use this on my husband all the time. he's from Louisiana so I call it his Voo Doo salve. lol. By any chance is it ichthammol ointment?
(04-12-2022, 03:05 PM)¡CelticBanshee3 Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 02:47 PM)Raggedyman Wrote: So, had this dodgie looking thing on my face for a year or so, couldn’t see it but if I scratched it, always there, kinda annoying. Where I come from, skin cancer at my age is very common, very dangerous obviously but, meh, bit lazy, not a fan of doctors and not one to panic
i use this on my husband all the time. he's from Louisiana so I call it his Voo Doo salve. lol. By any chance is it ichthammol ointment?

It seems so, as I said, havnt come across it here in Australia before
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-u...many-names

Voodoo it seems
(04-12-2022, 03:47 PM)Raggedyman Wrote:

Voodoo it seems
I'm pretty suspicious of claims the FDA makes on things these days.
Those pictures...how can we know the facts on them?

Found some Ichthammol on Amazon, sounds worth a few dollars to add to my pharmacy.
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. 
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.  And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.  Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain." Frank Herbert, Dune
(04-12-2022, 04:45 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 03:47 PM)Raggedyman Wrote:

Voodoo it seems
I'm pretty suspicious of claims the FDA makes on things these days.
Those pictures...how can we know the facts on them?

Found some Ichthammol on Amazon, sounds worth a few dollars to add to my pharmacy.

BINGO! It takes away their Kickback/Profits from Big Pharma.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Why not have a crack

Yes, I have heard of Bloodroot.
Yes the Traditional Chinese Medicine has the same ointment. Not as powerful because, used excessively or over applied to your shin can cause porblems.
BUT, used carefully in small doses it does work.
It is the toxicity of the ointment, yes it can damage shin, you must be carefull.
The plant it comes from looks like:
[Image: Bloodroot001_3x2.jpg]
It was commonly used as a Mouth Rinse or Mouthwash.
But this caused Skin irritation, esophageal burning, burning of the gums, oral leukoplakia.
Not recommended.
This is what my old Herbal book tell me.
"Disfigurement, worsening lesions: With topical use of bloodroot salves to treat skin lesions, with some cases requiring hospitalization."
"The major constituent of bloodroot is sanguinarine, an alkaloid that exhibits antimicrobial, tumoricidal, anticancer, antiangiogenic and antimicrotubule properties.
Topical use of bloodroot for skin cancer can lead to severe adverse effects including disfigurement."
I hope this helps you.
@"Raggedyman" 

Everybody has "Icky salve" in their medicine cabinet where I'm from. Nowadays the Pharmacist usually keeps it behind the counter so you have to ask for it. Nothing draws out a boil better or faster and you are correct about it not effecting healthy skin surrounding the problem area.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(04-12-2022, 04:55 PM)guohua Wrote: [quote pid='83234' dateline='1649771272']

Yes the Traditional Chinese Medicine has the same ointment. Not as powerful because, used excessively or over applied to your shin can cause porblems.
It is the toxicity of the ointment, yes it can damage shin, you must be carefull.
But this caused Skin irritation, esophageal burning, burning of the gums, oral leukoplakia.
Not recommended.
"Disfigurement, worsening lesions: With topical use of bloodroot salves to treat skin lesions, with some cases requiring hospitalization."
"The major constituent of bloodroot is sanguinarine, an alkaloid that exhibits antimicrobial, tumoricidal, anticancer, antiangiogenic and antimicrotubule properties.
Topical use of bloodroot for skin cancer can lead to severe adverse effects including disfigurement."
I hope this helps you.
[/quote]

I think you did an awesome of explaining this product.

If used, it should be used with great caution. For some it can definitely cause serious problems.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-12-2022, 04:55 PM)guohua Wrote:
Why not have a crack

Not recommended.
I hope this helps you.

Sounds like it can diffidently leave a mark. tinyshocked
[Image: TWBB.png]

Yeah, I've heard of the Black Salve, and I've heard of Bloodroot, but never connected the two.

In the late 90's, when Dear Old Dad was dying of cancer, some relatives recommended it, and so ma and pa got some. They put it on him, and mom swears that it was working, was drawing the cancer out from INSIDE his body through the application site. I dunno, I wasn't there. Anyhow, Pap was tired of living, had had about enough of this world anyhow, so he discontinued the use. He was ready to go, and he went.

Bloodroot grows wild here. I found some at a place called "Elder Gap" in River Mountain (WAY up in River Mountain, a gap right in the ridge of it) years ago, one day when I was out and about, thrashing around in the woods. I'd never seen the plant before - it looked a little bit like a tiny mayapple plant - so I dug one up and looked the root over. It was unremarkable as roots go, until I snapped it in half. Then it got remarkable. When I snapped the root, a red fluid started seeping out in tiny spots all over the snapped surface. Looked just like blood seeping out of capillaries.

The entire root was about the size and shape of my pinkie finger.

So I put it in my boodle bag and brought it home to identify it. Turned out to be "Bloodroot", and it wasn't hard for me to figure out why they called it that. Indians used it in medicine and for paint pigment. They also called it "Red Puccoon" to distinguish it from "Yelllow Puccoon", which we call Yellowroot.

The herbal I looked it up in said it was dangerous, and should only be used in minute amounts, so I never fooled with trying to use it for anything.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-12-2022, 08:58 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Yeah, I've heard of the Black Salve, and I've heard of Bloodroot, but never connected the two.

In the late 90's, when Dear Old Dad was dying of cancer, some relatives recommended it, and so ma and pa got some. They put it on him, and mom swears that it was working, was drawing the cancer out from INSIDE his body through the application site. I dunno, I wasn't there. Anyhow, Pap was tired of living, had had about enough of this world anyhow, so he discontinued the use. He was ready to go, and he went.

Bloodroot grows wild here. I found some at a place called "Elder Gap" in River Mountain (WAY up in River Mountain, a gap right in the ridge of it) years ago, one day when I was out and about, thrashing around in the woods. I'd never seen the plant before - it looked a little bit like a tiny mayapple plant - so I dug one up and looked the root over. It was unremarkable as roots go, until I snapped it in half. Then it got remarkable. When I snapped the root, a red fluid started seeping out in tiny spots all over the snapped surface. Looked just like blood seeping out of capillaries.

The entire root was about the size and shape of my pinkie finger.

So I put it in my boodle bag and brought it home to identify it. Turned out to be "Bloodroot", and it wasn't hard for me to figure out why they called it that. Indians used it in medicine and for paint pigment. They also called it "Red Puccoon" to distinguish it from "Yelllow Puccoon", which we call Yellowroot.

The herbal I looked it up in said it was dangerous, and should only be used in minute amounts, so I never fooled with trying to use it for anything.

Both of my Grandfathers made their own yellow root tonic. As for the black salve, my husband is a heavy equipment mechanic and always getting a splinter of metal, or wood when out in the yard, a little salve and bandage overnight seems to clear it up. Anything more serious I take a different approach.
(04-12-2022, 04:55 PM)guohua Wrote:
Why not have a crack

Not recommended.
I hope this helps you.

I was hoping to hear your input. Thanks!
@"ABNARTY"  You are Very Welcome.
(04-12-2022, 04:55 PM)guohua Wrote: Topical use of bloodroot for skin cancer can lead to severe adverse effects including disfigurement."
I hope this helps you.

He already applied it though !! bigfrightened minusculebiggrin
Just a quick update as to my trial on the black cream

Applied it to two questionable skin lesions on my face
Broke out into a pretty nasty looking sores in both places, one large one small.
Though I had grown a bit of facial hair to cover the blemishes, they were noticed and questioned. (I dance and ladies, well they inquire...about everything)
@ a week latter, both scabs (They say moist is a bad word but scabs, pretty bad word I recon) disappeared and nothing left but normal fresh clean skin, no longer sensitive to the touch, no longer any marks.
Read that its a good idea to get them checked anyway just in case they have roots  tinywhat
And thats it, did what everyone who recommends it said it would do, not uncomfortable, no nasty effects and I retain my beauty
(04-20-2022, 02:12 AM)Raggedyman Wrote: Just a quick update as to my trial on the black cream

Applied it to two questionable skin lesions on my face
Broke out into a pretty nasty looking sores in both places, one large one small.
Though I had grown a bit of facial hair to cover the blemishes, they were noticed and questioned. (I dance and ladies, well they inquire...about everything)
@ a week latter, both scabs (They say moist is a bad word but scabs, pretty bad word I recon) disappeared and nothing left but normal fresh clean skin, no longer sensitive to the touch, no longer any marks.
Read that its a good idea to get them checked anyway just in case they have roots  tinywhat
And thats it, did what everyone who recommends it said it would do, not uncomfortable, no nasty effects and I retain my beauty

I am so happy you got good results.

Thanks for the update.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers