Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alteria
ALTERIA

USSB has been seeding Sentient life forms on various planets for the last 1.4 billion galactic years and while looking at my latest schedule it was time to check on one of our Seedling's progress. The first survey I was to conduct was of a planet called Alteria by the locals. From my present position Alteria was only 14 light years away so after entering and double checking Alteria's official designation I had my bulk ship phase into an cloaked polar orbit around the planet.

After the arrival and completion of my survey it was very satisfying to see these Sentients had made it through their overcrowding and destructive phase and now had a planet wide form of different governments that seemed to work quite well together. Each of these governments contributed assets to Alteria's fledgling space program. There were no wars and the population was a stable 9 billion Sentients planetside. They had even began to colonize one of their two moons and were starting to terraform the third planet in their solar system to make it habitable. It always makes me feel proud when I see our Sentient seedlings progress like this.

Planets are the eggs of the universe; hatch or eventually perish as a species. That is the one rule no species can ignore.

We had seeded this planet with an upgraded DNA almost 2 million Alterian years ago and hopefully, just as we had planned, Alteria's inhabitants will be ready to join USSB in another couple of hundred years of their scientific progress .

These Alterian creatures were the lucky ones for they had not been interfered with by some of our old policies. They had been basically left to their own progress totally unhampered by our godly presence and directives.

In a time long past USSB used to put on quite a show for the locals which left them in awe and trembling from our god like arrival, act, and presence. But that all changed after we found that playing the god card and making contact with primitive sentient planetary beings caused more problems than it solved.

Few things are worse than religious wars with their normal expected genocide unless it is a religious race war which is the mother of all wars when considering cruelty and death. I have seen entire races of Sentients totally erased from some planets history more times than I want to remember; especially since they were all our promising seedlings.

When we interfered in the past, wars at some future date always seemed to be the results of our once misguided efforts. The controlling Sentients efforts to acquire power through some form of a bastardized religion always took over. Nothing wrong with religion for primitives as it helps morally to control the population but certain bastardized religions are of no long term value and are actually a determent for any meaningful scientific progress.

After our simple laws and words are issued, they usually end up being corrupted and the message is lost by creating a newly made up god who was bigger and better than the god of the next village or the next continent over. All their gods were just us trying to give laws that would enable the primitives to advance without genetic bottle necks and thrive as a sentient species.

Good intentions do not always make for good results, obviously.

Anyway we have learned our lesson and now we just observe and seed when there is a chance of a sentient species advancing to a point where they can one day join us in the multiverse and help complete our goal of seeding sentient life at the farthest reaches of the known Multiverse (s).

Alteria was doing just fine and once we cleared a couple of asteroids and one comet from their solar system, they should be able to advance safely for the next 500 Alterian years without a planet wide impact catastrophe.

Why ?

Because we care.

The End