Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introducing The Amazing Compact Disc
Memories - Introducing The Amazing Compact Disc | 1982 | Retro vintage 80s technology

When the first compact discs arrived on the Australian market in 1983, they ranged in price from $900-$1800. The price didn’t hold back the rapid adoption of the technology.

She's got so much classy swag.  She knew about the future, she described an MP3 player in 1982.

ABBA, "The Visitors", Aug 17 1982 was the first PRODUCED on CD.

Quote:The first commercial music compact disc (CD) pressed in the U.S. was Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA, pressed at the opening of CBS Records CD production plant in Terre Haute, Indiana in September 1984.
Link

WORLDWIDE, FIRST DEMO CD"

BeeGees, Living Eyes, 1981
Quote:Living Eyes was chosen to be the first ever album to be manufactured on CD for demonstration purposes, as seen on the BBC TV program Tomorrow's World in 1981, and was featured on the inaugural issue of the Compact Disc trade magazine. It was the first Bee Gees album to be released on CD, in early 1983 when compact discs were first commercially available, though few were manufactured.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Got my first cd player around 1991 and the first cd I bought was Nirvana Nevermind. 

Before that, in the mid 80's, I was working at pizza arcade place , going to electronics school , and fix some jet fighter game that used the 12 in lazar disc. 

Now, I just stream stuff.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Aaaaahhhhh.... the Olden Times!

I remember when I was 14-15 years old one of my uncles won a small amount in a lawsuit and used part of the proceeds to buy the first VCR anyone in our family ever possessed. The price tag was nearly $5500. Now you can pick them up at a flea market for a dollar or two.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(04-13-2022, 11:37 PM)kdog Wrote: Got my first cd player around 1991 and the first cd I bought was Nirvana Nevermind. 

Before that, in the mid 80's, I was working at pizza arcade place , going to electronics school , and fix some jet fighter game that used the 12 in lazar disc. 

Yep, streamin from the cloud is now the rage. I still have several thousand songs/albums in MP3 format on a few USB sticks along with a box of CDs somewhere in the attic.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(04-14-2022, 01:47 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 11:37 PM)kdog Wrote: Got my first cd player around 1991 and the first cd I bought was Nirvana Nevermind. 

Yep, streamin from the cloud is now the rage. I still have several thousand songs/albums in MP3 format on a few USB sticks along with a box of CDs somewhere in the attic.

I have a 6 disc cd player , but my ex sold my cd collection. It was over 1000. I had them downloaded to my computer, painstakingly spent hours downloading them  and had them uploaded also. All gone. All I have is the memory of them all. 

Fucking cunt !
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(04-13-2022, 11:06 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Memories - Introducing The Amazing Compact Disc | 1982 | Retro vintage 80s technology

When the first compact discs arrived on the Australian market in 1983, they ranged in price from $900-$1800. The price didn’t hold back the rapid adoption of the technology.

She's got so much classy swag.  She knew about the future, she described an MP3 player in 1982.

ABBA, "The Visitors", Aug 17 1982 was the first PRODUCED on CD.

Quote:The first commercial music compact disc (CD) pressed in the U.S. was Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA, pressed at the opening of CBS Records CD production plant in Terre Haute, Indiana in September 1984.
Link

WORLDWIDE, FIRST DEMO CD"

BeeGees, Living Eyes, 1981
Quote:Living Eyes was chosen to be the first ever album to be manufactured on CD for demonstration purposes, as seen on the BBC TV program Tomorrow's World in 1981, and was featured on the inaugural issue of the Compact Disc trade magazine. It was the first Bee Gees album to be released on CD, in early 1983 when compact discs were first commercially available, though few were manufactured.

I worked at CBS/Sony in the Carrollton, GA plant. It was a awesome place to work. We did not manufacture the CDs. We made the 12in vinyl and cassettes. The plant opened in 1980 and closed in 2002. Manufacturing was moved to Mexico. We had a lot of people transfer from Terre Haute - Indiana, Santa Maria - California, and Connecticut. Michael Jackson's Thriller album kept us running 24/7 for months. Funny to see vinyl records coming back. they sound so much better.