Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question: Has Anyone Used LDS Online Store & Shipping?
I don't have an LDS cannery near me but it appears they do ship (from an article I found today). Has anyone done this before and is the cost obscene? 

https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/us...16678849-1

https://simplefamilypreparedness.com/lds...canneries/

Quote:#5 – If is not a LDS Home Storage Center near me, can I have the family home storage food shipped to me?

Yes, you can have the food shipped to you if you live in the United States. Moreover, there is no shipping cost, but the prices are a bit more expensive than purchasing in-person from a Home Storage Center as the shipping costs are included in the price. To place an online order, you can just access the LDS Church’s website and pick your products.
#6 – How long does shipping take if I order from the LDS Home Storage Center online?
Orders typically leave the distribution center within a day or two after they are placed, but when you get your order depends on how quickly Fed Ex can get it to you based on where you live. Orders are shipped from Utah via Fed Ex ground. Larger orders may be shipped by Fed-Ex Freight. An email confirmation with shipping information is sent with tracking information once the product is shipped.
From Misty: You can use this map to estimate how long it will take to get from Utah to you via Fed Ex Ground. Also, remember to factor in the 1-2 days it will take to leave the distribution center in Utah.
You can buy LSD online?

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-02-2022, 07:16 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: You can buy LSD online?

It appears so....

Just wondering if anyone has done it here.
(04-02-2022, 07:34 PM)Infolurker Wrote:

It appears so....

I have not but,,,,,,,,,
Link

Linky

Linky Poo
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

It appears so....

Yeah. But not when I'm online.  The melting keyboard drives me nuts.

And then there's all those lizards.........
[Image: Cheshire-Cat-Wallpaper.jpg]

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar

LSD,.. LOL, I didn't notice that previously.
(04-02-2022, 11:34 PM)Infolurker Wrote:

LSD,.. LOL, I didn't notice that previously.

Lol.. made for some interesting comments. 

I've never purchased anything from them but FedEx ground is often less expensive than UPS so if they're an honest company, which you'd expect them to be since it's faith based, then the shipping shouldn't be any higher than with other companies.

I was going to say the same thing. Is it the Mickey Mouse blotters ?
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(04-02-2022, 11:59 PM)kdog Wrote:

I was going to say the same thing. Is it the Mickey Mouse blotters ?

The Mad Hatter. Or Alice.  Careful though. The Alice one is 10 feet tall......

MASSIVELY off topic......
OK, I'll just see myself out......
[Image: Cheshire-Cat-Wallpaper.jpg]

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
Of all places, pinterest

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3164483112.../?mt=login

It appears so....

Back in the 80's, I did it all the time. I don't know about buying it online. First time I did it was some purple barrel in first period in high school. I laughed all day. Prepare yourself for a 12 hour trip and drink orange juice.
Quote:Kirk:
"Oh, him? He's harmless. Part of the free speech movement at Berkeley in the sixties. I think he did a little too much LDS."

Quote:Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, 1986
Director: Leonard Nimoy
Stars: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi
Rating: PG
Runtime: 119 minutes

https://www.quotes.net/mquote/90492
(04-03-2022, 02:59 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote:
Quote:Kirk:
"Oh, him? He's harmless. Part of the free speech movement at Berkeley in the sixties. I think he did a little too much LDS."

Quote:Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, 1986
Director: Leonard Nimoy
Stars: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi
Rating: PG
Runtime: 119 minutes

https://www.quotes.net/mquote/90492

Explanation: LOL ...

Personal Disclosure: LDS members on LSD, psychadelically remembers eh?

Either way ... LDS or LSD ... its an eye opening experience eh?

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
Everyone does know what LDS stands for yes? The Church of Jesus Christ is only part of the name - the full name is the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints. 

LDS stands for the Latter-day Saints portion of their church name. 

The website is selling food for the apocalypse, otherwise known as the future period some people believe Christians will be under severe persecution just prior to the second advent of Christ. The sale of this food comes in handy for preppers of all faith backgrounds, or lack thereof.
(04-02-2022, 06:50 PM)Infolurker Wrote: I don't have an LDS cannery near me but it appears they do ship (from an article I found today). Has anyone done this before and is the cost obscene? 
I have used Ready Made Resources for decades.   Mostly we buy heirloom seeds vacuum packed in mylar.   

Disclosure:  I am not an agent, nor affiliated with RMR.    Three months ago, I gave our 13-year-old can of seeds from RMR.   Prior to that, we'd acquired our heirloom seeds from other sources.   The "emergency can" was for TSHTF, but it was now two years past its expiration date.   Do you know that all those seeds that she's planted have sprouted?   We live in the Tropics, so there are a few things we didn't plant, such as lettuce and spinach.   Corn would grow here, but the soil would take a lot of amendment.   

I have a lot of respect for the LDS food preservation system and culture.    I grew up in Idaho, and my family moved to Utah in my mid-teens.    The culture  surrounding homesteading, home gardening and food preservation was epic where we lived.    

I was so shocked when my Mom was able to grow the 13-year-old seeds.   This can hadn't been well cared for.   Nope.   It sat in our storage room the whole time.  Got a little rusty on the outside.   Salt air will do that.  

Quote:#5 – If is not a LDS Home Storage Center near me, can I have the family home storage food shipped to me?

Yes, you can have the food shipped to you if you live in the United States. Moreover, there is no shipping cost, but the prices are a bit more expensive than purchasing in-person from a Home Storage Center as the shipping costs are included in the price. To place an online order, you can just access the LDS Church’s website and pick your products.
#6 – How long does shipping take if I order from the LDS Home Storage Center online?
Orders typically leave the distribution center within a day or two after they are placed, but when you get your order depends on how quickly Fed Ex can get it to you based on where you live. Orders are shipped from Utah via Fed Ex ground. Larger orders may be shipped by Fed-Ex Freight. An email confirmation with shipping information is sent with tracking information once the product is shipped.
From Misty: You can use this map to estimate how long it will take to get from Utah to you via Fed Ex Ground. Also, remember to factor in the 1-2 days it will take to leave the distribution center in Utah.
(04-03-2022, 10:26 PM)argentus Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 06:50 PM)Infolurker Wrote: I don't have an LDS cannery near me but it appears they do ship (from an article I found today). Has anyone done this before and is the cost obscene? 
I have used Ready Made Resources for decades.   Mostly we buy heirloom seeds vacuum packed in mylar.   

Disclosure:  I am not an agent, nor affiliated with RMR.    Three months ago, I gave our 13-year-old can of seeds from RMR.   Prior to that, we'd acquired our heirloom seeds from other sources.   The "emergency can" was for TSHTF, but it was now two years past its expiration date.   Do you know that all those seeds that she's planted have sprouted?   We live in the Tropics, so there are a few things we didn't plant, such as lettuce and spinach.   Corn would grow here, but the soil would take a lot of amendment.   

I have a lot of respect for the LDS food preservation system and culture.    I grew up in Idaho, and my family moved to Utah in my mid-teens.    The culture  surrounding homesteading, home gardening and food preservation was epic where we lived.    

I was so shocked when my Mom was able to grow the 13-year-old seeds.   This can hadn't been well cared for.   Nope.   It sat in our storage room the whole time.  Got a little rusty on the outside.   Salt air will do that.  

Good to know thank you. I'm not a prepper but the seeds sound awesome. I'll have to check them out!