Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweet Florida Song. AnyBody thinking what I am.
Well, Johnny & Donnie Van Zant are keeping up the tradition. Got a New tune out, but I suspect there is a ulterior motive. Which I for one would be glad to see if what I have been suspecting is true.

Here is the link for the tune, can't post it directly.Rumble needs to be added to video list.

[/url][url=https://sweetfloridasong.com/]Sweet Florida Song
[Image: TWBB.png]

I saw that on the news this morning.

I don't dislike DeSantis.  I could not name a single thing that he's done that I disagree with.

But. . . . . 

This is marketing.  This is packaging.  This is grooming.

And we're being "gaslighted"  (gaslit?) by the media FOR DeSantis.

But there's just something that sets my Spidey senses tingling.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(04-01-2022, 04:08 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: Well, Johnny & Donnie Van Zant are keeping up the tradition. Got a New tune out, but I suspect there is a ulterior motive. Which I for one would be glad to see if what I have been suspecting is true.

Here is the link for the tune, can't post it directly.Rumble needs to be added to video list.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Bet that made your Guv'na proud!!
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(04-01-2022, 04:20 PM)beez Wrote: I saw that on the news this morning.

I don't dislike DeSantis.  I could not name a single thing that he's done that I disagree with.

But. . . . . 

I've been saying for the past two or three years DeSantis is gonna run and Trump is gonna back him. To be honest if DeSantis can do half of what he's done in Florida for the rest of the country he'll surpass MAGA by leaps and bounds.

(04-01-2022, 04:20 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 04:08 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: Well, Johnny & Donnie Van Zant are keeping up the tradition. Got a New tune out, but I suspect there is a ulterior motive. Which I for one would be glad to see if what I have been suspecting is true.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Bet the made your Guv'na proud!!

It was a fairly good tune even if it's a campaign slogan.

But. . . . . 

Because of DeSantis, my ass has been pulled out of the fire more than once. I too agree with much he has done for Florida.

But, and there is always a "but", DeSantis is a diehard politician. I fear that while right now he is doing what my bias is telling me is right, and because it has been good for me, that this could change at a drop of a hat.

I believe DeSantis will do what he thinks will promote his political career. Right now he is supporting my needs. I am fully aware that can change, when the tide turns, or at the will of those that have the power to advance his career.

I am not ragging on him. I am just being honest with myself. I know that he may end up being the lesser of the two evils, that the establishment will allow us. We will see. I just hope people realize that the solution to America's problems is not in the hands of one man. Regardless of whom they allow into office, they will be under the control of the establishment, whether they wear a red coat or a blue coat.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-01-2022, 05:49 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

But. . . . . 

Because of DeSantis, my ass has been pulled out of the fire more than once. I too agree with much he has done for Florida.

But, and there is always a "but", DeSantis is a diehard politician. I fear that while right now he is doing what my bias is telling me is right, and because it has been good for me, that this could change at a drop of a hat.

I believe DeSantis will do what he thinks will promote his political career. Right now he is supporting my needs. I am fully aware that can change, when the tide turns, or at the will of those that have the power to advance his career.

I am not ragging on him. I am just being honest with myself. I know that he may end up being the lesser of the two evils, that the establishment will allow us. We will see. I just hope people realize that the solution to America's problems is not in the hands of one man. Regardless of whom they allow into office, they will be under the control of the establishment, whether they wear a red coat or a blue coat.

If something is too good to be true . . . . . . . . .
-Abraham Lincoln
(04-01-2022, 05:55 PM)beez Wrote:

But. . . . . 

America's government and political system is whacked, broken, shattered, a complete farce.

We all know it, and electing the political puppets that are under the control of the same elite, is not going to change anything.

We can't change the system, until we change the hearts and minds of the American people. Otherwise, we will just get sucked down deeper and deeper into the swamp.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-01-2022, 05:55 PM)beez Wrote:

But. . . . . 

You know, I voted for Ronnie Reagan only because he was not Carter, and Carter was systematically destroying America... so there was nowhere to go but up, and we had to get past Carter to get there. As it turned out, Reagan done good, despite being a reformed Democrat and former Gov of Commiefornia.

I voted for Daddy Bush because he had been VP under Reagan, and so I thought he might have learned something... boy, did I ever get THAT call wrong! In a fit of anguish and guilt at what I had done to my beloved America by casting that vote, I stopped voting at all, for years and years.

I did not vote through the rest of the 1990's or in 2000 or 2004, either - there were no good choices, just one Liberal with a D beside his name and another Liberal with an R beside his name - no clear difference.

I finally voted in 2008 again in an effort to keep a commie out of the White House. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and we lost pretty biggly there.

2012 was a re-run of 2000 as far as I was concerned, so, no. No reason to bestir my ass to go vote for nothing.

In 2016, I voted for Trump simply because he was not Hillary, and I felt we had already had enough of dictatorial Marxist rule - again, as in 1980, there was nowhere to go but up, and Hillary could not possible take us there. And again, Trump done good, despite being a business man and TV star, rather than a politician.

We won't mention the 2020 election - stolen elections don't count, or at least they shouldn't.

Going in to the next election, it's highly likely I will vote for whomever runs against BidenHarris, simply because they are NOT BidenHarris. The fate of a nation rests in the balance. That seems to be happening with a disturbing regularity of late.

If it's Desantis, then he will get my vote. Once again, there is nowhere to go but up, and the Democrats have not, so far, fielded anyone capable of getting us there.

Maybe Desantis can, and maybe he can't, but either way he can't do much more damage. BidenHarris is taking care of creating the damage as we speak.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta" 

Just getting my tinfoil hat on, but what if they engineered it so the only logical choice IS DeSantis?

What if it is "He" whom they wanted all along and here we are, gladly and eagerly doing what we have been conditioned to do?

I'm not saying that there's a better alternative.

Trump was the last 3rd party president we'll see in my lifetime.

Maybe it's already too late to do anything about it.

tinysurprised
-Abraham Lincoln

Great song....as a brand new Floridianer...I love being able to actually have some genuine pride in my governor.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-01-2022, 11:16 PM)beez Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

Just getting my tinfoil hat on, but what if they engineered it so the only logical choice IS DeSantis?

What if it is "He" whom they wanted all along and here we are, gladly and eagerly doing what we have been conditioned to do?

tinysurprised

I think it would be a safe bet that whomever gets the position, will be under the control of those that truly are in control.

If someone managed to sneak through, they will either be corrupted or eliminated. As history has already taught us.

• minusculebeercheers 

I'm in Florida and Desantis is one of the 2 politicians I would consider worth getting behind (Rand Paul the other) and taking a risk with. I say that because by the time we hear from them they are typically already bought and paid for. Anyhow we lucked out with him in Florida.

However that is a horrendous song, lol.
(04-01-2022, 11:28 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

tinysurprised

I think it would be a safe bet that whomever gets the position, will be under the control of those that truly are in control.

If someone managed to sneak through, they will either be corrupted or eliminated. As history has already taught us.

if they sneak through they will get trumped. I think trump did a lot of stupid Sh1t and had stupid solutions , but one thing that really appealed to me about trump was that all the wrong people hated him.

The MSM, Tech Oligarch, Democrat Party, Republican party, Bankers,Hollywood, social media giants, etc really hated him. That is a good thing in my book. To bad he was a jack arse and didn't see that he got played by the same neocon republicans he put in his administration.

Does it matter? either way we are just along for the ride.

Quote:Trump was the last 3rd party president we'll see in my lifetime.

While I think he was to stupid to see that he got played by his own neocon selected administration , I do agree that he was the best we got within the last 5 decades or so. Simply for exposing the fake news , neocons, and dependence on foreign nations who are adversaries .

Quote:Maybe it's already too late to do anything about it.
IMO I do think it is. People are to stupid and egotistically moronic to ever admit when their candidates fail them or that they made a mistake in picking a political side. Americans have made politics into a religion and its blasphemy to question your own candidate and party. Here is to the never ending moronic lesser evil rationalization that happens every day in MURICA.