Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Chinese Space station
China really does have an active space program and has big plans for the near future thanks to their past economy and Walmart ...hahah
"Heavenly Palace", interesting.

Might there be some day when a countries leader is will visit the space station? It would be the ultimate proof of trust for their technical advancement.

Lot's of risk exposure though, sabotage and all.
(03-29-2022, 06:50 AM)727Sky Wrote: China really does have an active space program and has big plans for the near future thanks to their past economy and Walmart ...hahah

I wonder if it will be like all the chinese made stuff you buy at walmart. You got to buy a new one every six months cause the old one broke.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(03-29-2022, 12:17 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 06:50 AM)727Sky Wrote: China really does have an active space program and has big plans for the near future thanks to their past economy and Walmart ...hahah

I wonder if it will be like all the chinese made stuff you buy at walmart. You got to buy a new one every six months cause the old one broke.

If whatever you bought last 6 months you got one of the better ones. Even in S.E. Asia most do not want to buy Chinese anything due to failure or quality control issues.
(03-29-2022, 12:43 PM)727Sky Wrote:

If whatever you bought last 6 months you got one of the better ones. Even in S.E. Asia most do not want to buy Chinese anything due to failure or quality control issues.

I guess I've been lucky at walmart then. I tell who is as bad, no maybe even worse is Harbor Freight I don't think anything they sell is made in the U.S. I once tried to buy a 4 1/2in grinder there, went back three times, 1st burned up inside 5 mins, second one inside 30, the last one the grinding wheel wouldn't even screw on the spindle. And never ever buy wheel barrow or hand truck tires there, pitiful pitiful rubber used, shit will dry rot inside the garage. Got good prices though.

Don't let yourself be fooled. It's often ordered like that and engineered obsoleteness. China came a long way in the last twenty years. Quality is something you can steer. For example when you have molds for high pressure plastic extrusion, you wear them down faster when you use glass fiber for strengthening, what would keep it from breaking.

So what is done is they extrude with glass fiber and later when the mold starts to accumulate tolerances, they extrude the cheap non reinforced plastic through it for a cheaper version for mass market. $$$ factor.
(03-29-2022, 01:14 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

I guess I've been lucky at walmart then. I tell who is as bad, no maybe even worse is Harbor Freight I don't think anything they sell is made in the U.S. I once tried to buy a 4 1/2in grinder there, went back three times, 1st burned up inside 5 mins, second one inside 30, the last one the grinding wheel wouldn't even screw on the spindle. And never ever buy wheel barrow or hand truck tires there, pitiful pitiful rubber used, shit will dry rot inside the garage. Got good prices though.

We had a premium "Dremel" once. I saw them in the hardware department, 130€. It broke down after using it a few times over the years. The new replacement one was under 10€ including shipping. It's louder, yes, it vibrates more and it looks cheap.

I dropped that one a few times from a few feet height. Like having it in the trunk and use the hydraulic lift and the cable pulls it out. It still works. I was a teenager when the Dremel broke and my uncle bought that cheap one. The 10€ one still works and is from China.
(03-29-2022, 01:55 PM)TDDA Wrote:

Don't let yourself be fooled. It's often ordered like that and engineered obsoleteness. China came a long way in the last twenty years. Quality is something you can steer. For example when you have molds for high pressure plastic extrusion, you wear them down faster when you use glass fiber for strengthening, what would keep it from breaking.

So what is done is they extrude with glass fiber and later when the mold starts to accumulate tolerances, they extrude the cheap non reinforced plastic through it for a cheaper version for mass market. $$$ factor.

I know that, can't sell new stuff if it lasts and affordable repair parts are available. Sad part, many U.S Mfg's started doing it sometime back.

I use to work and then owned a Industrial Commercial Electric Motor repair service, we repaired motors, generators, welders, powertools,Electirc Motor Starters, Commercial Restaurant Equipment. If it was electric and could get parts we'd work on it.

We use to joke about the difference between stuff made in the 40's 50's and 60's compared to stuff from the 70's and 80's on on. About how much more heavy duty the older stuff was than the new. But as time went on it got to where it wasn't a joke.

Here's just one example, gear boxes. most of the stuff that had one you could replace just the gear and it mate that was bad, then it got to the point you had to replace as assembly, then the whole gear box. Not only that the price of the part, plus cost of labor to do it made most people just scrap thingf and buy a new one.

We also rewound motor, and when we first started seeing chinese motors come in,  we would find what we thought was chinese news paper in the slots and between the coils for insulation, and on single phase motors the centrifugal spools for the start switches were held in place on the shaft with set screws instead of being pressed on like U.S. motor. They would wind up backing off and lett the spool move away from the switch and burn the start winding up.

(03-29-2022, 02:00 PM)TDDA Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 01:14 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

We had a premium "Dremel" once. I saw them in the hardware department, 130€. It broke down after using it a few times over the years. The new replacement one was under 10€ including shipping. It's louder, yes, it vibrates more and it looks cheap.

I dropped that one a few times from a few feet height. Like having it in the trunk and use the hydraulic lift and the cable pulls it out. It still works. I was a teenager when the Dremel broke and my uncle bought that cheap one. The 10€ one still works and is from China.

Dermel is owned by Bosch or was when i was still doing it, so was i Skil. Bosch use to be real good tools, a little bit over engineered and some could be hard to work on but they held up. As time went on like everybody else that went the way of the DoDo.

(03-29-2022, 02:26 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 01:55 PM)TDDA Wrote:

I know that, can't sell new stuff if it lasts and affordable repair parts are available. Sad part, many U.S Mfg's started doing it sometime back.

I use to work and then owned a Industrial Commercial Electric Motor repair service, we repaired motors, generators, welders, powertools,Electirc Motor Starters, Commercial Restaurant Equipment. If it was electric and could get parts we'd work on it.

We use to joke about the difference between stuff made in the 40's 50's and 60's compared to stuff from the 70's and 80's on on. About how much more heavy duty the older stuff was than the new. But as time went on it got to where it wasn't a joke.

Here's just one example, gear boxes. most of the stuff that had one you could replace just the gear and it mate that was bad, then it got to the point you had to replace as assembly, then the whole gear box. Not only that the price of the part, plus cost of labor to do it made most people just scrap thingf and buy a new one.

We also rewound motor, and when we first started seeing chinese motors come in,  we would find what we thought was chinese news paper in the slots and between the coils for insulation, and on single phase motors the centrifugal spools for the start switches were held in place on the shaft with set screws instead of being pressed on like U.S. motor. They would wind up backing off and lett the spool move away from the switch and burn the start winding up.
It depends of course. I have heard such stories too about strange materials and nonsensical things. One example would be balanced shafts, just copied the balancing marks of the original they copied lol. That's what happens when you copy stuff without knowing why it was done or do not care about balancing. Saw it somewhere on a forum, not personally but the marks were all the same and that is just not possible. 

Gearboxes you can still service many, at least the models I run around, just need a press and some tooling, an oven to heat it up preferably. Although if you do the work to pull it from the engine and have it open, normally you replace most parts anyways. 

Many of the machines I use for engine work are of that type, mainly because schools got the newer ones that were around (inherited but a lot was going to public schools for good use). Old from the 70s and 80s, crude heavy duty parts that I could manufacture myself mostly, except the electro motors, I won't touch those. But even if such one dies, I would try to replace it to keep the machine around. Generally I like old refurbished things. Mostly because you can not break them, only need small replacement parts that degrade over time in any other machine or tool too.

I had some BOSCH electro machines but the new ones are really junk. It's exactly about the glass fiber not being used as much anymore and other things. I tried to repair one oscillating tool from BOSCH and it was just the connection point from the windings, the copper broke there from self hardening and the connection terminal was so flimsy I could not solder to it in a way it would hold. Replacement almost as much as the new tool. A 1cent bubble of hot glue would have solved that I guess, if done during production. I have one very old handheld drilling machine that when you touch it, you feel the difference. Not only in weight but also how the casing does not bend at all, from BOSCH but the difference is striking.

Many of my tools come from Japan, Makita for powered machines and Mitutoyo for measuring mostly.

China's Tiangong Space Station is so implausible that the Western media is embarrassed to show it
https://bastyon.com/index?v=48168cb310c2...1isvrJDR7T

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

Even the Kubrick's landing doesn't stand the analyses. Why they are faking their Space Flights?
The first three crew members have returned, 2 males 1 female after 6 months in space.
They are supposedly in good health.

The CCP wants to open this station up for tourism sometime within the next few years.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]