Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you stay and fight for America ?
An interesting poll and a few comments about American leadership.
Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10948]

minusculethinking

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-22-2022, 08:26 AM)727Sky Wrote: An interesting poll and a few comments about American leadership.
So lemme get this straight, with most American democrats being of the poorest of brackets (from last I read and understand) would have the resources to get up and leave to Canada? LOL look at chicago they kill each other over sneakers and drug baggies or just for the hell of it... if America was invaded them people would be chomping at the bit to get away with murder. Now wether or not they fight for their country is one thing but sure as shit they will be defending their "turf"
Nope

I served came home was shunned now nearly 70 only thing worth fighting for is survival and keeping my Lady safe!

I left California and America cause those people we defended now seemed to help Charlie who now are friendly VN type people more than my fellow brothers who served and was also shunned when coming home, which started the homeless movement in the USA, IMHO.

I am so sad how America has changed since I left in 1984 and only too glad that I have not stayed to see the current behaviour become the new normal.  The last ten years I stopped regretting my choice leaving America and now rejoice.

Nothing is more important than your family and survival.  You cannot protect your family whilst fighting for ungrateful people and an uncaring flag!  Remember those who served, "Jody Got your Girl and Gone!"   That was because we were young fighting for a flag than the loved one we left alone back home.

George Burns was right we should be issued with an 80 year old body and get younger and by the time we are 18 we will know exactly what to do with an 18 year old body....  going to war should be the last thing on an 18 year old body's mind!  Wish I had other memories of being 18!
(03-22-2022, 09:15 AM)IceHappy Wrote: Nope

I served came home was shunned now nearly 70 only thing worth fighting for is survival and keeping my Lady safe!

I left California and America cause those people we defended now seemed to help Charlie who now are friendly VN type people more than my fellow brothers who served and was also shunned when coming home, which started the homeless movement in the USA, IMHO.

I am so sad how America has changed since I left in 1984 and only too glad that I have not stayed to see the current behaviour become the new normal.  The last ten years I stopped regretting my choice leaving America and now rejoice.

Nothing is more important than your family and survival.  You cannot protect your family whilst fighting for ungrateful people and an uncaring flag!  Remember those who served, "Jody Got your Girl and Gone!"   That was because we were young fighting for a flag than the loved one we left alone back home.

George Burns was right we should be issued with an 80 year old body and get younger and by the time we are 18 we will know exactly what to do with an 18 year old body....  going to war should be the last thing on an 18 year old body's mind!  Wish I had other memories of being 18!

Thank you for your service. I too am a former warfighter a scruffy Marine here in my mid 30s, I hear and understand you my friend.
Well, let’s see here…

I am a registered Democrat, 67 years old, own several firearms and a couple thousand rounds of ammo and happen to be a phenotypical female XY genetic male transsexual, mother to a 47 year old daughter and a grandmother to a 24 year old grandson and if push came to shove in some sort of invasion scenario, I would do what I could to help to defend our country even as broken and fucked up as it is AND considering the fact the Republican party, religious fundamentalists and Christian Nationalists are doing their best to make life difficult for kids like I was or eliminate them altogether. (assholes!)

So maybe it’s a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome or the programming I grew up with I’m too stupid to see through, I still believe in or have hope for this country and even if it’s currently kind of a shithole it’s still my shithole and I would stand up to protect it.

As far as the trans swimmer, I’ve made my views clear on this in another post. This transgender mob they spoke of in the video and their ridiculous ideology is completely out of control doing nothing but creating backlash and pissing people off. Incidentally, Lia Thomas competed in two other NCAA championship events and finished 5th and 8th but still, this person has no business doing what they’re doing.

Regarding the leadership of this country, other than saying it could be better, I’ll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself because who needs another worthless opinion.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(03-22-2022, 10:00 AM)Freija Wrote: Well, let’s see here…

I am a registered Democrat, 67 years old, own several firearms and a couple thousand rounds of ammo and happen to be a phenotypical female XY genetic male transsexual, mother to a 47 year old daughter and a grandmother to a 24 year old grandson and if push came to shove in some sort of invasion scenario, I would do what I could to help to defend our country even as broken and fucked up as it is AND considering the fact the Republican party, religious fundamentalists and Christian Nationalists are doing their best to make life difficult for kids like I was or eliminate them altogether. (assholes!)...

Yes, that's all well and good. But you also live in a great State that doesn't deal with the sh*tty weather we have to
here in the UK and you're VERY good at art and design.

Humph! I hope I proved my point!
smallcrackingup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I WOULD STAY.... Though I'm confined to crutches or wheel chair, there are a great many things I could do to be an effective Gorilla on our side. Remember back in the 60's Weatherman Underground ?  how about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchist_Cookbook instructional books, heck even a couple boxes of Ohio BlueTips would be highly effective if timed right. A wildfire screaming up your butt crack livens the need to get the heck out of dodge and retreat. I'm armed and almost everyone I know here in NC. is. It's just the way in these parts. I'v fought one war in my youth at 19 years of age...... I'd be willing to do it again now 70 years old. It's win-win..... I am on the winning side or I am dispatched to the next world where my real Master and Lord are.      yep Win-Win....
(03-22-2022, 02:57 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: I WOULD STAY.... Though I'm confined to crutches or wheel chair, there are a great many things I could do to be an effective Gorilla on our side. Remember back in the 60's Weatherman Underground ?  how about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchist_Cookbook instructional books, heck even a couple boxes of Ohio BlueTips would be highly effective if timed right. A wildfire screaming up your butt crack livens the need to get the heck out of dodge and retreat. I'm armed and almost everyone I know here in NC. is. It's just the way in these parts. I'v fought one war in my youth at 19 years of age...... I'd be willing to do it again now 70 years old. It's win-win..... I am on the winning side or I am dispatched to the next world where my real Master and Lord are.      yep Win-Win....

Yep to old to die young anymore so why not fight and kill a few. minusculebeercheers
(03-22-2022, 08:26 AM)727Sky Wrote: An interesting poll and a few comments about American leadership.

If we were invaded I would fight... 

Truthfully though people who would actually fight in a war are always few. The American revolution didn't have 55% willing to fight, the number was only around 30%. Most people are happy to acquiesce. 

The problem in America today isn't being invaded by an outside force, it's being taken over from the inside. In my opinion where that's concerned, I think kids are going to have to learn from experience that the Utopia they have had shoved down there throats doesn't exist, and it will be through their own failure that they will finally realize we were right all along.
I could take only a few seconds of that dribble.

First off they can't compare anything going on in the US with what is going on in the Ukraine. We both have a ship load of problems and the only one I think we truly share, is our corrupt, lying, deceitful, governments, that do not give a damn about their people.

Then I would have to ask her exactly what is she looking for. She starts with making a statement about how brave the Ukrainians are, for staying and fighting for their country, when there are numerous reports of millions of Ukrainians fleeing the country. Supposedly men and boys are not being allowed to leave, and some, again supposedly, being killed when caught trying to do so.

Well what is true? Are the majority fighting willingly, or under coercion and fear of being killed? If that is a true, then her question is dead in the water, based on how she presented it.

Second thing that stands out, is she asks the question of whether "self loathing" Americans would stay and fight for their country. So what message is she not so covertly sending when asking that question? Is she trying to insinuate that all Americans are self loathing? If so, then she answered her own question.

Third thing, what kind of invasion is she talking about? The question as it stands makes no darn sense at all, so no one can answer that question, honestly and truthfully, and it is such a blatant in your face propaganda move. There is a who, what, when, and why, that is missing. What if they were invading to save us from an out of control government that went bat shit crazy. If we believe them, America has had to do that on a number of occasions.

This is why I can't stand watching the news anymore, regardless of where it comes from. It is all owned, manipulated, and distributed by the same people. They own the internet. If you are seeing it or reading it, it is by permission. It is rare that something slips past them, and when it does, damage control will be on it before you can blink your eyes, and if necessary, there will just be a downed server with some lame ass excuse for why it happened, or just plain silence, until they can cue up something else to get you all upset about.

Okay...

I am going to get me a glass of ginger tea to just calm myself down. I need to just chill lax a bit.

My overlords I am sure are not pleased with me right now.  So I am putting myself in time out.

M

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I'm too old, too fat and too mean to run anywhere.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
We'd Fight! 
Both Old and have enough weapons and Ammo to supply a small city.
We have a location with clear fields of fire as my husband says, hence the two Scoped Barrett M107 A1.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Nothing but respect for your post.

I would stay and fight, but there would be a butt-load of purging to be done in the aftermath.

After America being invaded ... I think people need to be given conditions for earning their citizenship (rights) and told how their citizenship can be lost as well.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(03-22-2022, 05:49 PM)Snarl Wrote:

I would stay and fight, but there would be a butt-load of purging to be done in the aftermath.

After America being invaded ... I think people need to be given conditions for earning their citizenship (rights) and told how their citizenship can be lost as well.

And what would you do if you found that your ideas for the new Republic, run just the opposite for what the majority of the other survivors want?

America is huge, and it is destructively divided.

If you were lucky enough to win over an invasion from the outside, there would be little left to fight a war from within. All the foreign invaders would have to do is set the fire and watch us burn.

The only way I see out of a situation like that, is the Constitution. Our only chance is for all parties to hold on to it as our foundation for rebuilding, healing, and coming together.

America and Americans are much better people than the internet and the media has convinced us we are. We have to stop believing what they keep feeding us, and trust what we see.

They have us convinced us that a few cities blocks, in the worse areas, in the worst towns, is all of America. One block goes up in flames and the media will have everyone running for the hills, believing the whole State is ablaze. Even when they are standing on their porches and can see there is no smoke nor do they even smell smoke, they will fall under the spell of fear generated by the media. Areas that the majority of Americans have not seen outside of the internet or on TV, they are led to believe represent all of America and Americans. It is a lie. And in our heart of hearts we know we are being lied to, yet we fall for it over, and over.

Americans will stand and fight a foreign invader, because as @Beez has said, a lot of us are old, fat, too damn set in our ways, so not afraid of dying, and we have no damn place to go.

And most of us know by now, to run like hell if the government shows up saying they are there to help. And most of us know our only chance is if we stand together.

• minusculebeercheers 

Ah yes,getting rid of PARTIES in general would be a great start. Amend the constitution to say NO PARTIES shall ever be formed under penalty of death.
Bring back wild west justice. you steal? hanging unless its small then you get hard labor in jail 10 yrs no parole.. You murder? outright gunning down if found guilty.

The framers should had put in a provision the stupid cant vote. Highschool diploma needed.
(03-22-2022, 06:35 PM)yuppa Wrote:

Ah yes,getting rid of PARTIES in general would be a great start. Amend the constitution to say NO PARTIES shall ever be formed under penalty of death.
Bring back wild west justice. you steal? hanging unless its small then you get hard labor in jail 10 yrs no parole.. You murder? outright gunning down if found guilty.

The framers should had put in a provision the stupid cant vote. Highschool diploma needed.

You do know that we have a very long history related to restricting voting rights.

It used to be that only the "free" "white" "immigrant" could vote. No native American or anyone of mixed blood could vote. There was a time that only the wealthy land owners could vote.

So I would be careful about any new restrictions you would like to put in place for voting.

• minusculebeercheers 

(03-22-2022, 06:17 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 05:49 PM)Snarl Wrote: I think people need to be given conditions for earning their citizenship (rights) and told how their citizenship can be lost as well.

And what would you do if you found that your ideas for the new Republic, run just the opposite for what the majority of the other survivors want?

Depends on what 'the survivors' did to survive?

I don't consider myself a tyrant.  Never had all that much 'power' over others for it to go to my head.  I would never mess with anyone's family or anyone's paycheck ... if they 'earned' their pay.

That said, I don't believe everyone 'deserves' an equal voice in all things.  Sometimes decisions belong to the people who have actually 'earned' them.  The loss of that status is why we find ourselves in the predicament we're in.  Buying something ain't the same as earning something.  And, I'm pretty sure everyone takes it as a given that our politicians are mostly bought and paid for (whether they're 'on our side' or not).  I think 97% of people showing up on the ballot as a candidate for office are corporate sponsored.  And, 100% of office holders are corporate sponsored.

If I found myself in charge, the first thing I'd have to 'put to a vote' is removing citizenship status from anyone who won't obey the law.  I don't think the dirtbags living in tents on a homeowner's yard should retain their citizenship.  People who are drug addicted ... and ... are a continuous burden on society.  Violent felons.  It's common sense these people should be formally stripped of their citizenship.

And non-citizens ... they do anything to any member of society and they're marched to the nearest exit (hopefully a nice long shoreline) and given the boot.  Not my problem.

You get a violent felon, throw him in jail, he's a model prisoner, he gets out, he's stripped of his citizenship, becomes a contributing member of society, re-earns his citizenship (and subsequently all of his rights) ... and you've got a better society.  Not some welfare state.

Something like that can be hashed out properly by people far smarter'n me.  People who won't let a two-tiered justice system exist.  How much better off would we be if dirtbags like the Clintons were simply stripped of their citizenship?  Bill the philanderer?  Hillary and her classified e-mail server?  People who believe in the absolute swiftness of Justice.  None of this postponement of a trial ... while they're living the life of Riley.

That's an America I would stand and fight for.
You better run!
(03-22-2022, 08:28 PM)Snarl Wrote: Depends on what 'the survivors' did to survive?

I don't consider myself a tyrant.  Never had all that much 'power' over others for it to go to my head.  I would never mess with anyone's family or anyone's paycheck ... if they 'earned' their pay.

That said, I don't believe everyone 'deserves' an equal voice in all things.  Sometimes decisions belong to the people who have actually 'earned' them.  The loss of that status is why we find ourselves in the predicament we're in.  Buying something ain't the same as earning something.  And, I'm pretty sure everyone takes it as a given that our politicians are mostly bought and paid for (whether they're 'on our side' or not).  I think 97% of people showing up on the ballot as a candidate for office are corporate sponsored.  And, 100% of office holders are corporate sponsored.

If I found myself in charge, the first thing I'd have to 'put to a vote' is removing citizenship status from anyone who won't obey the law.  I don't think the dirtbags living in tents on a homeowner's yard should retain their citizenship.  People who are drug addicted ... and ... are a continuous burden on society.  Violent felons.  It's common sense these people should be formally stripped of their citizenship.

And non-citizens ... they do anything to any member of society and they're marched to the nearest exit (hopefully a nice long shoreline) and given the boot.  Not my problem.

You get a violent felon, throw him in jail, he's a model prisoner, he gets out, he's stripped of his citizenship, becomes a contributing member of society, re-earns his citizenship (and subsequently all of his rights) ... and you've got a better society.  Not some welfare state.

Something like that can be hashed out properly by people far smarter'n me.  People who won't let a two-tiered justice system exist.  How much better off would we be if dirtbags like the Clintons were simply stripped of their citizenship?  Bill the philanderer?  Hillary and her classified e-mail server?  People who believe in the absolute swiftness of Justice.  None of this postponement of a trial ... while they're living the life of Riley.

That's an America I would stand and fight for.

Everyone has their own idea of utopia. I smile to myself every time I hear people talking about going to heaven. The idea most people have of heaven, is this beautiful city in the sky where everyone lives in peace, harmony, and love.

I have never had anyone describe or draw their view of a heaven, where I would want to spend eternity. What they see as pastoral, beautiful, and peaceful, does not raise up feelings of eternal bliss, for me. Same with our individual expectations and desires for the best that America can be.

What you suggest putting into place may be your idea of a better America. Everyone will not agree. As the oldest of ten children, I have a long history with the challenges faced when trying to make sure everyone gets what they want. Personally, I have never seen that occur. We have always come to an agreement, and settled for happy mediums, but better for one, usually always means worse for the other.

One of the reasons I have trouble being a member of a clique, or an exclusive club, it that I believe you can't judge individuals by grouping them into categories. Everyone has a story. Everyone has a journey. If you have not lived their life or walked their path, it is easy to come away with a lot of faulty data.

I am not saying that anything you said is wrong. I am saying that for a lot of people it may not be right. That is why I believe the Constitution is a good foundation. It has already lived through many mistakes we have made in the past, and is a good map for leading us in the future.

Just my thoughts and opinions. And we both know what they are worth.
minusculebeercheers

• minusculebeercheers 

(03-22-2022, 08:56 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 08:28 PM)Snarl Wrote: That's an America I would stand and fight for.

One of the reasons I have trouble being a member of a clique, or an exclusive club, it that I believe you can't judge individuals by grouping them into categories. Everyone has a story. Everyone has a journey. If you have not lived their life or walked their path, it is easy to come away with a lot of faulty data.

I am not saying that anything you said is wrong. I am saying that for a lot of people it may not be right. That is why I believe the Constitution is a good foundation. It has already lived through many mistakes we have made in the past, and is a good map for leading us in the future.

minusculebeercheers

minusculebeercheers

Though I respect our Constitution, it's an imperfect document ... or we wouldn't be watching our country disintegrate into a 3d world shithole ... and it is.  And that's all I've got to say about that. (Did I sound like Forrest Gump?)

I hope we NEVER have a problem disagreeing with one another.  I know where you're coming from.  Our differences of opinion and our open expression of them is the only thing that keeps me coming back for more.

I'd suggest you try one of those clubs on for size, too.  What's the worst that could happen?  You make some Real Life friends ... or you walk away?  Take a chance ... sing and dance.
You better run!