Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chinese 737 crashes China
Depending on the type of the B737 there will be two pilots and 3 to 4 flight attendants. The reporter says there was 132 passengers onboard.

Short 2 hour flight and the bird is down in a rural hilly or mountainous area. Does not look good for survivors, but one can hope.
Heard this on the radio. Terrible news, not sounding like chances of any one surviving are good.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
A video of the last moment as the bird went in vertical nose first. No one survived that IMO. The question is why ?
(03-21-2022, 01:24 PM)727Sky Wrote: A video of the last moment as the bird went in vertical nose first. No one survived that IMO. The question is why ?

Hmmm, I'm not very good at these things, but on first watching I wondered where its wings were. When the video stops/freeze frame like it is now, I think I see the tail fin, so did it impact sideways so to speak, or was it a missile?
Second, they were pretty darned quick to release film footage of the crash site. The news only broke in the UK about 10amGMT and it's only 12.0 GMT here as I post.
Maybe I need to take my tin foil hat off....... feel like I'm heading for a melt down with everything that's going on in last 5-7 days.
Rainbows
Jane
That's one hell of a strange angle to crash at. Catastrophic failure of some kind?
Wow, I honestly don't know what make of that. I hope the passengers weren't awake during those last moments. 
Thats terrifying.
(03-21-2022, 01:35 PM)WonderCow Wrote: That's one hell of a strange angle to crash at. Catastrophic failure of some kind?
Wow, I honestly don't know what make of that. I hope the passengers weren't awake during those last moments. 
Thats terrifying.

How did it not have any forward motion at all? am I wrong shouldn't that be almost impossible to happen by accident
(03-21-2022, 01:39 PM)putnam6 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 01:35 PM)WonderCow Wrote: That's one hell of a strange angle to crash at. Catastrophic failure of some kind?
Thats terrifying.

How did it not have any forward motion at all? am I wrong shouldn't that be almost impossible to happen by accident

That was my first thought too. Even big jets can glide to a certain extent.
Hope it was an accident and not a suicidal Pilot.
(03-21-2022, 01:31 PM)angelchemuel Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 01:24 PM)727Sky Wrote: A video of the last moment as the bird went in vertical nose first. No one survived that IMO. The question is why ?

Hmmm, I'm not very good at these things, but on first watching I wondered where its wings were. When the video stops/freeze frame like it is now, I think I see the tail fin, so did it impact sideways so to speak, or was it a missile?
Second, they were pretty darned quick to release film footage of the crash site. The news only broke in the UK about 10amGMT and it's only 12.0 GMT here as I post.
Maybe I need to take my tin foil hat off....... feel like I'm heading for a melt down with everything that's going on in last 5-7 days.
Rainbows
Jane

Hat? sometimes I feel like my whole body is wrapped in tin foil. 

no doubt 2-3 years of what has gone on in the world didn't help.
(03-21-2022, 01:45 PM)WonderCow Wrote:
Thats terrifying.

The tension between Taiwan and China just magnifies everything, is my morning rationalization at least. Doesn't make it right or correct but it does help me get through the day
Last week it was, and while day dreaming I thought to myself * no airline crashes for several years now, how fortunate for us all.* Now this....... how very sad.
Thats terrifying.

We plan our descents at idle at 3 miles per 1000 feet and one mile per 10 knots of speed ....So if you were at 33,000 and wanted to descend at idle thrust down to 10,000 feet and slow from 310 knots back to 250 knots to descend below 10,000 you would need 3X23=69 NM and add 6 for the speed so....you would start your descent to your crossing point at 75 miles away plus or minus the winds and yes their is a formula for the winds too.. Works perfectly. Now instead of knowing many Pilots just push a button now and let the flight management system do everything while they monitor the FMS system
(03-21-2022, 03:20 PM)727Sky Wrote:
Thats terrifying.

We plan our descents at idle at 3 miles per 1000 feet and one mile per 10 knots of speed ....So if you were at 33,000 and wanted to descend at idle thrust down to 10,000 feet and slow from 310 knots back to 250 knots to descend below 10,000 you would need 3X23=69 NM and add 6 for the speed so....you would start your descent to your crossing point at 75 miles away plus or minus the winds and yes their is a formula for the winds too.. Works perfectly. Now instead of knowing many Pilots just push a button now and let the flight management system do everything while they monitor the FMS system

Thanks for the information, I knew planes started their descent miles away, never realised it was that far away. What's your best guess as to what happened here?
It was a 737-800 and was cruising at 29,000 Ft. the bird did the lawn dart maneuver and impacted in 2 minutes and that is after a brief level off at 7400 and even a climb to above 8000.  I have many hours in the 737-800 along with the 900, 300, 500, and 700, series. There would have had to of been a catastrophic failure for that bird to ever get into that situation. Sabotage as there are many who hate the CCP in China, a bomb, or a pissed off pilot...hopefully the cause will be reported without the usual CCP B.S.

Brick 
Thanks for the update. I hope the victim's families get some straight answers and aren't just fobbed off with an 'official' account of what happened.
Reports are now in that one of the so called black boxed have been found. Truth is the boxes are day glow orange not black. So far I have not heard if the box found is of the voice recorder or the flight recorder... It will take time to investigate the information contained on the device before any public statement is made.
I heard that the black box is severely damaged, so that will complicate matters. To be honest, I'm surprised it survived at all.
Looks like the 737-800 was crashed on purpose.

(05-24-2022, 12:51 PM)727Sky Wrote: Looks like the 737-800 was crashed on purpose.

Just horrible! And it was really chilling when that pilot said pilots crashing their planes was “pretty common”. No wonder I have a phobia of flying.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]