Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE unthinkable
The thing we all fear, because it means death wholesale...... both sides, leaving only lingering death and missery.  I spotted this News story 1:00pm on Saturday.  Will this lead to mass devistation and desolation ? We are now on the precipice for REAL, the Whole World. Putin is entertaining the unthinkable.                                                                                               https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ukrain...1bt1,hp1bt
(03-19-2022, 06:14 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: The thing we all fear, because it means death wholesale...... both sides, leaving only lingering death and missery.  I spotted this News story 1:00pm on Saturday.  Will this lead to mass devistation and desolation ? We are now on the precipice for REAL, the Whole World. Putin is entertaining the unthinkable.                                                                                               https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ukrain...1bt1,hp1bt

Odd.....

Why did Russia have to announce "Russia claims it used hypersonic missile to strike Ukraine munitions warehouse"?

Would not the munitions site be a high profile target, so why wasn't the media all over it?

I take all these media reports with a grain of salt. I just don't trust any of them.

I don't believe for a second that it will come to mass devastation from any angle or any country. They have absolutely nothing to gain, and they already have the ones they want, under their control. What is going on now is mostly posturing and saber rattling.

At least I pray it is.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(03-19-2022, 06:32 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 06:14 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: The thing we all fear, because it means death wholesale...... both sides, leaving only lingering death and missery.  I spotted this News story 1:00pm on Saturday.  Will this lead to mass devistation and desolation ? We are now on the precipice for REAL, the Whole World. Putin is entertaining the unthinkable.                                                                                               https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ukrain...1bt1,hp1bt

Odd.....

Why did Russia have to announce "Russia claims it used hypersonic missile to strike Ukraine munitions warehouse"?

Would not the munitions site be a high profile target, so why wasn't the media all over it?

I take all these media reports with a grain of salt. I just don't trust any of them.

I don't believe for a second that it will come to mass devastation from any angle or any country. They have absolutely nothing to gain, and they already have the ones they want, under their control. What is going on now is mostly posturing and saber rattling.

At least I pray it is.

Definitely here's Business Insider's take https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-c...ine-2022-3
[/url]

They seem to be playing it off as nothing special... think every network is sensationalizing every incident 

Quote:Dominika Kunertova of the Center for Security Studies in Zurich told the [url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60806151]BBC that the use of a Kinzhal missile was not particularly significant.

"It's a sign of showmanship. Even if it's used we should consider it as an isolated moment because Russia doesn't have a large number of these missiles," Kunertova told the BBC.
Meh, none of us are making it off of this rock alive. Once the big fireworks start Kdog and I will be kicked back on the patio with a good bottle of wine and a big, fat joint watching the show until our retinas burn out before we disintegrate. Until then I'm not going to sweat things I can't control.

Saywhat
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I'd say Russians are posturing and bloviating here. Where is the logic in using one of their few hypersonic missiles to take out a mere munitions warehouse when they could be saving them for more important targets? They could do that with a regular missile, or even just a tank round - once the munitions get lit up by anything, they take it from there to get to the spectacular fireballs and stuff.

Just another tread on the escalator of propaganda.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-19-2022, 08:49 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Meh, none of us are making it off of this rock alive. Once the big fireworks start Kdog and I will be kicked back on the patio with a good bottle of wine and a big, fat joint watching the show until our retinas burn out before we disintegrate. Until then I'm not going to sweat things I can't control.

Saywhat

Funny that you said that. I live out here in the woods, in an area that has a bit of history.

There was a catastrophic event that happened out here back a long time ago. It is told that the animals fled the area together. That prey and predators banned together to get the hell out of dodge.

It is believed that the majority of the people that made it, were the ones that followed the animals. I have quite a few neighbors that are prepared for when all Hell breaks loose, and we already know that the only way are going to make it, is to take care of each other, because we are just too far away from any outside help.

But I told my Mother, "If the critter haul ass, I am going right behind them. Otherwise, I will be on the porch, just like you two.

I don't have a joint, and I don't have anything to drink. But my Brother is harvesting the honey next week, so I better write down the recipe for Tej.

• minusculebeercheers 

(03-19-2022, 06:32 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Odd.....

At least I pray it is.

Media, schmedia. Next?
All about $$$.
(03-19-2022, 09:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I'd say Russians are posturing and bloviating here. Where is the logic in using one of their few hypersonic missiles to take out a mere munitions warehouse when they could be saving them for more important targets? They could do that with a regular missile, or even just a tank round - once the munitions get lit up by anything, they take it from there to get to the spectacular fireballs and stuff.

You know Ninurta, I think you may have just properly acessed the situation/news. Of course, it would be like shooting flys with a 12 gauge buckshooting Shotgun....
(03-19-2022, 09:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I'd say Russians are posturing and bloviating here. Where is the logic in using one of their few hypersonic missiles to take out a mere munitions warehouse when they could be saving them for more important targets? They could do that with a regular missile, or even just a tank round - once the munitions get lit up by anything, they take it from there to get to the spectacular fireballs and stuff.

Yep. Posturing.
(03-19-2022, 09:04 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Funny that you said that. I live out here in the woods, in an area that has a bit of history.

There was a catastrophic event that happened out here back a long time ago. It is told that the animals fled the area together. That prey and predators banned together to get the hell out of dodge.

It is believed that the majority of the ones that made it, were the ones that followed the animals. I have quite a few neighbors that are prepared for when all Hell to breaks loose, and we already know that the only way are going to make it, is to take care of each other, because we are just too far away from any outside help.

But I told my Mother, "If the critter haul ass, I am going right behind them. Otherwise, I will be on the porch with just like you.

I don't have a joint, and I don't have anything to drink. But my Brother is harvesting the honey next week, so I better write down the recipe for Tej.

That's some old school wisdom right there.
If you see the rats fleeing the ship en drove it's time to grab a life jacket and follow those suckers!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

My view may be unpopular but here it goes. . . . . 

Ukraine needs to lose the war and lose it quickly.  There isso much corruption and propoganda on every side that I'm having a hard time even watching the reports.

Our MSM is manipulative, they are agenda-driven.

Our politicians either want a blood bath or are trying to find a way to capitalize on Russia's invasion.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-19-2022, 09:18 PM)beez Wrote: My view may be unpopular but here it goes. . . . . 

Ukraine needs to lose the war and lose it quickly.  There isso much corruption and propoganda on every side that I'm having a hard time even watching the reports.

Our politicians either want a blood bath or are trying to find a way to capitalize on Russia's invasion.

You've noticed that bloodlust thing too, huh? If they have that big of a hard-on for a war, I say let 'em nut up and pick up a rifle and head east their own damned selves, and leave MY kids the hell out of their messes.

Once they are up to their damned knees in bloody mud, they may reconsider the wisdom of agitating for a war they thought THEY wouldn't have to fight.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-19-2022, 09:28 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 09:18 PM)beez Wrote: My view may be unpopular but here it goes. . . . . 

You've noticed that bloodlust thing too, huh? If they have that big of a hard-on for a war, I say let 'em nut up and pick up a rifle and head east their own damned selves, and leave MY kids the hell out of their messes.

Once they are up to their damned knees in bloody mud, they may reconsider the wisdom of agitating for a war they thought THEY wouldn't have to fight.

I've used thdis quote quite a bit. . . . 

“It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.”

William T Sherman
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
@Beez and @Ninurta I agree with both of you.

They have done such a great job of manipulation on the American people, that they have a large number of people that believe whatever they put out their. They have people traveling to Ukraine to fight, like it is some kind of Cosplay. Video games like Call of Duty, has some people believing they are invincible. Many have become just that controllable.

They have people already living in the metaverse in their heads, so getting them to volunteer as fuel for the fire is an easy feat. It is not just easy for them, but it is exactly what they have been prepping for, from the beginning.

• minusculebeercheers 

(03-19-2022, 09:18 PM)beez Wrote:

My view may be unpopular but here it goes. . . . . 

Yep. $$$.
(03-19-2022, 09:45 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: @Beez and @Ninurta I agree with both of you.

They have done such a great job of manipulation on the American people, that they have a large number of people that believe whatever they put out their. They have people traveling to Ukraine to fight, like it is some kind of Cosplay. Video games like Call of Duty, has some people believing they are invisible. Many have become just that controllable.

They have people already living in the metaverse in their heads, so getting them to volunteer as fuel for the fire. It is not just easy for them, but it is exactly what they have been prepping for, from the beginning.

Everyone is invincible until they are flat on their ass in the dirt with an arm across their belly trying to keep their innards from becoming outtards.