Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghosts, Ghost Boxes, and The End of the World as We Know It
(03-21-2022, 02:49 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I am on the fence about these contraptions. 

Full disclosure, I have never used one or even seen one in use in-person. My only experience is seeing them on TV shows like The Holzer Files.

It seems the users interpret garbled static as words that are relevant. I guess you hear what you want to hear. With the ones which have words "programmed in", that seems a little suspect to me. How do I know some entity actually tried to say that to me? Or was it just the machine puking out some random data?

Don't get me wrong though. I believe there are entities out there which we humans interpret as ghosts. It could be more than one phenomena too. IDK. But how do I know it is the ghost of my Grandma and not something else? There could be a whole ecosystem of "spirits" out there. And do I really want to talk to them?

I've always been suspicious of them as well - how does a ghost know when to pinch off a wire just to let the phonemes he want through?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-21-2022, 03:08 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 02:49 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I am on the fence about these contraptions. 

Full disclosure, I have never used one or even seen one in use in-person. My only experience is seeing them on TV shows like The Holzer Files.

It seems the users interpret garbled static as words that are relevant. I guess you hear what you want to hear. With the ones which have words "programmed in", that seems a little suspect to me. How do I know some entity actually tried to say that to me? Or was it just the machine puking out some random data?

Don't get me wrong though. I believe there are entities out there which we humans interpret as ghosts. It could be more than one phenomena too. IDK. But how do I know it is the ghost of my Grandma and not something else? There could be a whole ecosystem of "spirits" out there. And do I really want to talk to them?

I've always been suspicious of them as well - how does a ghost know when to pinch off a wire just to let the phonemes he want through?

Exactly. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I have my doubts.
(03-17-2022, 09:47 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm going to tell you right off, I don't put much faith in so called "ghost boxes". I don't know how they are supposed to work in any sort of detail, and I have serious reservations that they work at all. I've fiddled with some software ghost boxes, and never got any kind of credible response from one.

still, a lot of professional Spook Hunters swear by them.

There is a YouTube channel called "CodyITC" Where the "ITC" bit stands for "Instrumented Trans-Communication".  It seems to be another term for "EVP", but with a wider range, taking in such devices as ghost boxes, tape recorders, digital recorders, televisions, phones - any sort of "instrument" where a spook might try to make contact through.

I have several software programs laying around that purport to turn your computer into a communication device that spooks can talk through, but as I mentioned above, I've not had much luck with them, even when leaving them running for hours on end. Words do come through, but they are nonsensical in context of any questions asked, and "messages" are short enough that they don't really convey any communication at all.

Cody, on the other hand, seems to have better luck with his setup. He appears to get communications that are direct responses to the questions he asks, interspersed among reams of nonsensical gibberish. If it is really working, then the Spirit Realm seems to be a truly confused place, like a permanent stoner party.

For the past couple of years, he has been getting alleged "warnings" of impending catastrophe of a martial nature. We have to keep in mind that, while most of the phrases received are pretty generic as religion goes, Cody does seem to interpret everything through a Millennialist Christian lens. For example, he speaks of "End Times", a concept spawned from an incorrect reading of Revelations that is currently in vogue and has been for several decades. If you can filter that out and strip away the trappings it wraps the warnings up in, they are pretty straightforward, and are predictions of a nuclear strike on April 4th. It doesn't really give the magnitude of such a strike, although at one point the spooks seem to be worried about their children, and be of the opinion that many of them are going to wind up in the spirit realm, i.e. dead.

I'm going to post a few of his videos here, attempting to keep them in chronological order in reference to when they were posted to YouTube.

First, I'll post a video from March 1st 2020:

Here is a direct link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyKhMky2mSM

Next, one from 10 May 2020:

Here is a direct link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEsPcJUDzU

I don't recall which of these says what, so I'm going back through the post later to re-watch them and possibly offer commentary, but I note that the helicopter shown on the above video seems to be a Russian Mi-24 Hind, an interesting choice for two years ago. Also, note that the blurb mentions "The antichrist". There have been dozens, maybe hundreds, of antichrists over the past couple millennia, so I don't put any great stock in that claim - antichrists come, and antichrists go, and the world endures.

The next is from 26 September 2020:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SODlpuIVZxw [/video]

Again, here the use of the phrase "end times" is an over-dramatization filtered through a Millenialist Christian lens, and not to be taken all that seriously.

Next up, a video posted 25 October 2020:

And, finally, one posted 19 July 2021, just this past summer:

I can't say that I know what they mean, nor that I even believe they mean anything at all. What I can say is that the date 4 April is just a couple weeks away, so we don't have long to wait to find out.

The t.v. is a very interesting device. One time, I was watching wrestling with my friend Evan and he said "this Randy Orton guy is pretty good!" And I said "Randy Orton? He's already legendary status, future hall of famer among the ranks of Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan and The Rock!" And then Michael Cole, the commentator, said "Randy Orton, future WWE Hall of Famer among the ranks of such legends as Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan and Bret the Hitman Hart!"

The t.v. replies to me frequently. Just the other day my partner had tested positive for covid and the day afterwards we were watching Dr. Disrespect on the t.v. and she said "I'm gonna take another test" *she was still clearly very sick* and Zlaner on the t.v. said "...100% positive..." the very second she said that. 

I'd buy into coincidence, but it happens all the time lol.