Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Latest S2 Update on Ukraine
(03-21-2022, 06:24 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 06:22 PM)putnam6 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 06:06 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: The Chechens have had enough of fighting the Ukrainians.  They're back home.

Now up to six fallen Russian generals.

Cheers

Wow, was there any reason given, for them pulling out?

and you saw ABOVE TOP SECRET IS UP/

The date on the latest postings is wrong.
minusculethinking

Not sure it may be buggy but here is the landing page

[Image: Screenshot-2022-03-21-14-00-22-358.png]
(03-21-2022, 07:00 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Not sure it may be buggy but here is the landing page

Cheers. Yeah, the posts within the threads are all reading 22nd March -tomorrow.
I could 'sort-of' allow it -being behind-being that I'm in the UK and ATS is based in the US, but
a day ahead?!
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"putnam6" 

Claims are that the Chechens took "several hundred" casualties already.

My "read between the lines" take is maybe that the Chechens did take significant casualties and may have been unhappy with how Russian leadership was employing them.

Could also be with the shift to more positional warfare, that whatever missions the Chechens originally had were no longer valid or useful.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(03-21-2022, 07:49 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"putnam6" 

My "read between the lines" take is maybe that the Chechens did take significant casualties and may have been unhappy with how Russian leadership was employing them.

Could also be with the shift to more positional warfare, that whatever missions the Chechens originally had were no longer valid or useful.

Cheers

Definitely could be exactly that, I obviously don't know but am interested in the military aspects of all of this. The question to me is if they can't achieve their goals now, what levels will they go to achieve them.
(03-21-2022, 07:06 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 07:00 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Not sure it may be buggy but here is the landing page

Cheers. Yeah, the posts within the threads are all reading 22nd March -tomorrow.
I could 'sort-of' allow it -being behind-being that I'm in the UK and ATS is based in the US, but
a day ahead?!
tinywondering

Gotcha 

Not gonna lie though, there are some things about RN3 that I like even more than ATS, different vibe, or maybe its just lack of sleep, I don't know but I imagine I will stick around here and find out
(03-21-2022, 08:14 PM)putnam6 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 07:06 PM)BIAD Wrote:

a day ahead?!
tinywondering

Gotcha 

Not gonna lie though, there are some things about RN3 that I like even more than ATS, different vibe, or maybe its just lack of sleep, I don't know but I imagine I will stick around here and find out

Thank You @"putnam6"  Yes we do try and make R-N3 a pleasant place with Free Speech and Liberty For All.  
We do hope you and others stay, you are all welcome here.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-21-2022, 07:57 PM)putnam6 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 07:49 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"putnam6" 

Cheers

Definitely could be exactly that, I obviously don't know but am interested in the military aspects of all of this. The question to me is if they can't achieve their goals now, what levels will they go to achieve them.

I am not sure but if i understand  Russia has tryed to modernize ther army 20 years, one thing that is still issue is that  men want act  only when there is superior tellin what to do , for avoidin getting in to trouble.....that kind of way of thinking has been there for 80 years or more....so when there is no superior  or not higher superior  near , or superior is dumb , things can go south.  This differs how army work in Western army . 

The way of thinking/working is not ideal in Russian army. 

And when things go South, higher rank offifers, even generals run in to front line to kick butt , and expose itself to snipers etc,  thing that  they should avoid....now allready at least 5 generals killed ....they have to go there because men dont either want or dont know how to do....this then cause lost of higher rank officers.

NATO troops would work much more professional way IMO

Maybe someone knows better about how Russian army men think ?, i just read about this  from some retired officer .
Breaking (FOX) Putin's yacht just seized in Italy.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-22-2022, 01:01 AM)IAMTAT Wrote: Breaking (FOX) Putin's yacht just seized in Italy.

That's how WEF-ers make each other mad. They take each other's yachts. 

Meanwhile, 99.9% of the planet's population doesn't get it.
@"Kenzo" 

Russian military has problems with exercise of initiative.

I suspect the problem is broader, though.  Not just the military -- it is a reflection of how the entire society operates.  Lack of initiative is a social behavior conditioned by authoritarian rule.

Cheers

(03-22-2022, 11:21 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Kenzo" 

Russian military has problems with exercise of initiative.

I suspect the problem is broader, though.  Not just the military -- it is a reflection of how the entire society operates.  Lack of initiative is a social behavior conditioned by authoritarian rule.

Cheers

Yes , Russia as society needed big changes decades ago, but it is still waiting ....

You are right, Lack of initiative is a social behavior conditioned by authoritarian rule.
A good friend of mine was bringing WW2 aircraft out of Russia after the USSR fell. He said the mafia was easy to deal with as all it took was a payment and a hand shake and the deal was done. The government wanted a hand shake, yards of paperwork and fees, yet still more money at every step to include the loading dock.
(03-22-2022, 02:46 PM)727Sky Wrote: A good friend of mine was bringing WW2 aircraft out of Russia after the USSR fell. He said the mafia was easy to deal with as all it took was a payment and a hand shake and the deal was done. The government wanted a hand shake, yards of paperwork and fees, yet still more money at every step to include the loading dock.

Not all of them are wild cutthroats.  They're straightforward about what they want and get nasty only if someone tries to cross them somehow.  That said, at least sometimes with governments, one has the ability to seek relief if damages of some kind occur.  Getting that from the mafias seldom happens, and if it does, incurs unwelcome obligations.

I've stayed at a hotel which I suspected was run by a local mafia fellow.  He was a perfect gentleman and ran a very orderly hotel.  Would come over and sit with us at dinner and chat about the local region, world affairs, various cultures.  Like many things in our world, there are a lot of shades of grey out there.  Our parents taught us "good man" and "bad man" to keep things simple for a child's mind, but reality is much more nuanced.

Cheers

From twitter, claims that Russian are in trouble NW of Kyiv

John Sweeney
(03-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Kenzo Wrote: From twitter, claims that Russian are in trouble NW of Kyiv

[/url][url=https://twitter.com/johnsweeneyroar/status/1506303352111513605?cxt=HHwWioCyqeC6u-cpAAAA]John Sweeney

My take is they are in logistical trouble.

Couple of days ago, there was a report that rail lines had been cut between Belarus and Ukraine.

Russian army logistics depend heavily on rail.  Not enough military trucks for long haul supply.

The Russians NW of Kiev came from Belarus.  They may be sucking wind now as far as fuel, ammunition, food, and potable water go.

And the Ukrainians are pissed.

Cheers

(03-22-2022, 07:36 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Kenzo Wrote: From twitter, claims that Russian are in trouble NW of Kyiv

[/url][url=https://twitter.com/johnsweeneyroar/status/1506303352111513605?cxt=HHwWioCyqeC6u-cpAAAA]John Sweeney

My take is they are in logistical trouble.

Couple of days ago, there was a report that rail lines had been cut between Belarus and Ukraine.

Russian army logistics depend heavily on rail.  Not enough military trucks for long haul supply.

The Russians NW of Kiev came from Belarus.  They may be sucking wind now as far as fuel, ammunition, food, and potable water go.

And the Ukrainians are pissed.

Cheers

Yeeh ,again logistical trouble

There is quite large swamp area near Belarus /Ukraine border i read...it wont help Belarus army enter Ukraine either .
Stumbled across this elsewhere, is it possble? we know how corrupt Russia and Eastern Europe can be. Thoughts or is this way off base, misinformation, disinformation, propaganda etc

https://www.thelowdownblog.com/2022/03/i...cause.html

Is Putin's Invasion Failing Because Russian Intelligence Embezzled Billions Intended As Bribes For Ukrainians?

Sergey Beseda, head of the FSB 5th-Branch (Ukraine portfolio), has been arrested, along with his deputy, Anatoly Bolyukh for embezzlement from the state. The whole of the FSB 5th-Branch is under criminal investigation and many are also under arrest for embezzlement. For years Putin has been placing billions of dollars into the 5th-Branch budget for bribing Ukrainian military, secret service, internal security officers, and politicians. (But) Beseda and Anatoly Bolyukh have been embezzling every dime of the bribe budget, billions of dollars. And everyone in the 5th-Branch was getting a piece of the action. It was the perfect crime as spy bribes are paid in cash and (they thought) not even Putin was crazy enough to invade Ukraine
I am going to tell you a story which explains how and why Vladimir Putin (and the Russian military) so horribly misjudged the Ukrainian war, a war, the outcome of which, will change the future of our planet Earth.

It is well known that Sergey Beseda, head of the FSB 5th-Branch (Ukraine portfolio), has been arrested, along with his deputy, Anatoly Bolyukh. (The FSB is basically the former KGB.) (Beseda is a very high-ranking spy, his rank the equivalent of a U.S. 4-star general, Bolyukh a 3-star.)

It is also known that Beseda and Bolyukh were arrested for something that at first glance seems rather strange--embezzlement from the state. Publicly unknown, but interesting indeed is, the whole of the FSB 5th-Branch is under criminal investigation and many are under arrest for...embezzlement from the state.

Unknown to most is that for years Vladimir Putin has been placing billions of dollars into the 5th-Branch budget for the express and sole purpose of bribing Ukrainian officials, that is, military officers, Ukrainian secret service officers, Ukrainian internal security officers, and politicians. After Yanukovych was ejected in 2014, Putin got serious about bringing Ukraine back into the fold.

Here is the fun part. I am told by people I know (who are still in the game) that for years Sergey Beseda and Anatoly Bolyukh have been embezzling every dime of the bribe budget--literally billions of dollars. And everyone in the 5th-Branch was getting a piece of the action, all the way down to the field operatives who were supposed to be doing all the bribing. It was the perfect crime, spy bribes are paid in cash, and nobody, not even Vladimir Putin was crazy enough to invade Ukraine so nobody in the FSB was ever going to try to collect on the bribes that were never paid.

And this went on for years--since at least 2014.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(03-22-2022, 09:33 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Stumbled across this elsewhere, is it possble? we know how corrupt Russia and Eastern Europe can be. Thoughts or is this way off base, misinformation, disinformation, propaganda etc

https://www.thelowdownblog.com/2022/03/i...cause.html

Is Putin's Invasion Failing Because Russian Intelligence Embezzled Billions Intended As Bribes For Ukrainians?

Sergey Beseda, head of the FSB 5th-Branch (Ukraine portfolio), has been arrested, along with his deputy, Anatoly Bolyukh for embezzlement from the state. The whole of the FSB 5th-Branch is under criminal investigation and many are also under arrest for embezzlement. For years Putin has been placing billions of dollars into the 5th-Branch budget for bribing Ukrainian military, secret service, internal security officers, and politicians. (But) Beseda and Anatoly Bolyukh have been embezzling every dime of the bribe budget, billions of dollars. And everyone in the 5th-Branch was getting a piece of the action. It was the perfect crime as spy bribes are paid in cash and (they thought) not even Putin was crazy enough to invade Ukraine
I am going to tell you a story which explains how and why Vladimir Putin (and the Russian military) so horribly misjudged the Ukrainian war, a war, the outcome of which, will change the future of our planet Earth.

It is well known that Sergey Beseda, head of the FSB 5th-Branch (Ukraine portfolio), has been arrested, along with his deputy, Anatoly Bolyukh. (The FSB is basically the former KGB.) (Beseda is a very high-ranking spy, his rank the equivalent of a U.S. 4-star general, Bolyukh a 3-star.)

It is also known that Beseda and Bolyukh were arrested for something that at first glance seems rather strange--embezzlement from the state. Publicly unknown, but interesting indeed is, the whole of the FSB 5th-Branch is under criminal investigation and many are under arrest for...embezzlement from the state.

Unknown to most is that for years Vladimir Putin has been placing billions of dollars into the 5th-Branch budget for the express and sole purpose of bribing Ukrainian officials, that is, military officers, Ukrainian secret service officers, Ukrainian internal security officers, and politicians. After Yanukovych was ejected in 2014, Putin got serious about bringing Ukraine back into the fold.

Here is the fun part. I am told by people I know (who are still in the game) that for years Sergey Beseda and Anatoly Bolyukh have been embezzling every dime of the bribe budget--literally billions of dollars. And everyone in the 5th-Branch was getting a piece of the action, all the way down to the field operatives who were supposed to be doing all the bribing. It was the perfect crime, spy bribes are paid in cash, and nobody, not even Vladimir Putin was crazy enough to invade Ukraine so nobody in the FSB was ever going to try to collect on the bribes that were never paid.

And this went on for years--since at least 2014.

I can see a large budget allocated for "investing" in Ukraine. I can also see Russian Generals (or equivalents) taking a big cut. Does not surprise me a bit. 

I am not sure on the entire budget being embezzled and the whole branch in on it since 2014. That seems very hard to hide. While possible, it would be hard to miss and someone would have loose lips. Just MHO, nothing more. It all could be true. 

Not sure if I would want to be those dudes when Putin finds out they took the money and threw a wrench into the invasion plans. Could be a hard time for them. I hope they enjoyed their short lived wealth.