Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Latest S2 Update on Ukraine
(03-01-2022, 03:41 PM)727Sky Wrote: https://thegoodcitizen.substack.com/p/uk...source=url  which is worth a read IMO

That substack is full of Putin / kremlin propaganda . Those fanatics run their loyal narrative .

Russia is killing civilians now, invading sovereign country .

It`s not that the <West would be innocent, i been hating the wars so long ...i been against Iraq war and many other, this Putings crusade to go kill other Slavs in Ukraine is pure evil , nothing can change that.

Whole masses of Russians are brainwashed to believe now the kremlin lies, so they support still this massacre their army is doing in foreign country. Not much difference to what the Germans thought back WW2 timeline, or Chinese in Mao time.....the propaganda has erased reality and gived fake reality.
(03-01-2022, 03:24 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 09:03 PM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 06:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 05:52 PM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 07:44 AM)Kenzo Wrote: i dont agree it`s because oil,gas,money as main reason.

Putin has talked how he would like to have Russia as were in time of Russian empire ( not soviet union )

So he wants to restore ,build back the empire . That means also getting land areas,  by force if necessary. Putin is evil dictator and live in he`s own bubble...where he creates he`s own reality .

IMHO, oil is not the main reason but an important one in a host of considerations made by Putin.

Without Ukraine charging big tariffs, the Russian state keeps a lot more money. Without Ukraine developing their own oil production infrastructure (read: western companies staffed by powerful elites children) Russian keeps the funds flowing. If Russia gets a hold of those NG and oil deposits, they further their own hold on the production/market. With a strong share of the EU gas market, they have leverage in international affairs.  

I agree Putin has dreams of a renewed Russian empire. One can attribute that to perceived safety from invasion or simply more power/control. 

The two are not exclusive. They work together. Look at Belarus. 

I am not cheerleading for Putin, just making observations from the data presented. 

I feel bad for the people of Ukraine. They were turned into the focus of this mess by certain portions of the US and EU who will leave them high and dry to face the Russians alone.

I feel bad also for the people of Ukraine . Yeeh i think you are right about oil/gas that is also on their dreams and effecting decisions.

My country, Finland was before part of Russian empire.....so i really dont like the mindset Putin seems to have.

Finland, huh? Yeah, the Russians need to leave you and your music scene alone. It is doing great things.

I fully appreciate sitting on the doorstep of all the festivities and sitting on the other side of the planet provides two distinct perspectives. I pray all goes well for you and Finland. 

RIP Alexi Laiho

Thanks mate , yeeh russians should stay away here .

Look`s now that majority here want to join NATO , and by looking what russia did i agree.  We recently decided to buy 64 Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II fighter jets.....hopefully good planes ...

Oh and btw, i live quite near Russian border now, im inside basic artillery range if Ruskies would start something tinysure If they start, send NATO help me okey ?

Just me know Amigo. I'll stop by Kiev for some free AK's for you and me and we'll let them have it  tinywondering 

Maybe we can try some of these stories I saw on YT about the Finns during WWII:

(03-01-2022, 10:59 AM)BIAD Wrote: Considering all the rhetoric from the past around the famous might and power of Russia, I'd have thought
taking the Ukraine would be a walk-over. But maybe they're just taking their time! Let's hope this drawn-out
war campaign isn't distracting the public from other issues closer to home!

(Didn't we used to hide under our school desks from this country?)
tinyhuh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10771]

Yeah, it seems to not be going just the way Putin had hoped. I've heard he's rather put out by the lack of progress, but there is so much BS and propaganda flying about that it's difficult to tell which reports are factual and which are being woven in real time from whole cloth.

I've also heard reports of Ukrainians handing Spetnaz units their own asses, and I find that difficult to believe. if it's true, then Ukraine doesn't need any more help. They've got this.

It would tickle my funny bone if the Ukraine not only ran Russia back out of their recent acquisitions, but also retook Crimea. That would just be too funny.

Another thing I heard was that two Chechen Hit squads were decimated in Kiev while they were hunting to execute a contract on the Ukrainian president. I have serious doubts about that. It really depends on what Putin's real objective is. Western talking heads are claiming he is trying to "resurrect the Russian Empire" or "resurrect the Soviet Union" depending on which one is talking and who they are trying to scare. Putin himself says that his goals are more modest, that he just doesn't want NATO to directly abut Russian borders, and that he'll pull back once that buffer is established. If Putin is right and the Talking Heads are wrong, then killing Mr. Z would be counterproductive. All Z has to do is agree to not join NATO or allow NATO operations on Ukrainian soil. It'd be hard to do that if he were dead and all corpsified.

Another layer of the onion concerns just who Ukraine will be a puppet for, or whether it will be it's own nation. For example, "the west" and Russia have been trading punches and removing governments installed by the other and installing their own. That doesn't bode well for Ukraine to be it's own nation. The current government was installed after overthrowing the previously democratically elected government by the Obama regime. It's not a "democratic" government by any stretch of the imagination. Democratic governments are elected by the people of a nation, not installed by foreigners. This seems to me to be the most recent attempt at regime change, with Putin unistalling the Obama installed government and aiming to install his own puppet regime.

I dunno. maybe all the players need to step back and let Ukrainians decide who will lead them. That seems to me to be more equitable than this tit for tat back and forth of installing and unistalling governments by foreigners just to jocky for position and guarantee a "friendly" government in Ukraine for their own ulterior motives.

And if Ukraine is successful in eliminating the Russian threat, you just KNOW that the debt collectors will soon be there from the west, collecting on the debt from giving Ukraine the weapons to whoop Russia with...

"Nice country you got here. Be a shame if anything was to happen to it..."

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-02-2022, 01:47 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 03:24 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 09:03 PM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 06:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 05:52 PM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 07:44 AM)Kenzo Wrote: i dont agree it`s because oil,gas,money as main reason.

Putin has talked how he would like to have Russia as were in time of Russian empire ( not soviet union )

So he wants to restore ,build back the empire . That means also getting land areas,  by force if necessary. Putin is evil dictator and live in he`s own bubble...where he creates he`s own reality .

IMHO, oil is not the main reason but an important one in a host of considerations made by Putin.

Without Ukraine charging big tariffs, the Russian state keeps a lot more money. Without Ukraine developing their own oil production infrastructure (read: western companies staffed by powerful elites children) Russian keeps the funds flowing. If Russia gets a hold of those NG and oil deposits, they further their own hold on the production/market. With a strong share of the EU gas market, they have leverage in international affairs.  

I agree Putin has dreams of a renewed Russian empire. One can attribute that to perceived safety from invasion or simply more power/control. 

The two are not exclusive. They work together. Look at Belarus. 

I am not cheerleading for Putin, just making observations from the data presented. 

I feel bad for the people of Ukraine. They were turned into the focus of this mess by certain portions of the US and EU who will leave them high and dry to face the Russians alone.

I feel bad also for the people of Ukraine . Yeeh i think you are right about oil/gas that is also on their dreams and effecting decisions.

My country, Finland was before part of Russian empire.....so i really dont like the mindset Putin seems to have.

Finland, huh? Yeah, the Russians need to leave you and your music scene alone. It is doing great things.

I fully appreciate sitting on the doorstep of all the festivities and sitting on the other side of the planet provides two distinct perspectives. I pray all goes well for you and Finland. 

RIP Alexi Laiho

Thanks mate , yeeh russians should stay away here .

Look`s now that majority here want to join NATO , and by looking what russia did i agree.  We recently decided to buy 64 Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II fighter jets.....hopefully good planes ...

Oh and btw, i live quite near Russian border now, im inside basic artillery range if Ruskies would start something tinysure If they start, send NATO help me okey ?

Just me know Amigo. I'll stop by Kiev for some free AK's for you and me and we'll let them have it  tinywondering 

Maybe we can try some of these stories I saw on YT about the Finns during WWII:

That`s weird thing in the video , maybe some creature did not like Ruskies tinywondering

The terrain here is better for defence than in Ukraine , a lot of forest,trees etc to go hiding.....this aint Sunday picnic if someone comes here without invitation.

Yeeh the ukrainians need Ak and all sort of stuff now.
This makes no sense. @"Ninurta" or anyone, please explain this:

Look, i follow both, mainstream media and conspiracy sites, regarding this shit show.

Both are reporting that a big ass Russian convoy of war machines and soldiers has ran out of gasoline and food.

I honestly do not get it. I am not leadership material, at all. My strategic knowledge is miserable. However, if i would be in command... During a time of war... Sending shit loads of troops and equipment somewhere... Trust me, i would make really fucking sure that they have food and gasoline. This is just outright stupid.

Please? Explain.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(03-01-2022, 11:45 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Here's another perspective from Sky reporter Peter Stefonovic.

https://youtu.be/l0QRj-nPcSs

This report relates to the UN and basically lays out that they are impotent.  There is no use for them.  They can't even vote to prevent what is happening in Ukraine.  

I've known for years what a bunch of self important windbags they are.

They are shown to be defunct.

Kind regards,

Bally:)

Yeah, the UN is utterly useless, especially in situations like this. When you give the very nation accused of war crimes veto power on the Security Council, well, that's a lot like setting the fox to guard the hen house.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-01-2022, 03:10 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 09:14 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 03:35 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Not defending Putin, but if he were the snapped maniac dictator they claim him to be, wouldn't he march those 13 captured Snake Island soldiers to Kiev, tell the Ukrainian president to surrender, or the 13 would be executed?

He might, but they walk kinda funny when they've been blown all to shit by the Russian Navy.

No, really, I'm not on Putin's side either. I'm on the side of the US, and cannot for the life of me figure out why BidenHarris is poking his nose into other folks' business. Let the Ukrainians and Russians sort this mess out, maybe give the Ukrainians weapons, but let their asses do the heavy lifting.

Apparently those soldiers are alive and well, but were captured by Russia.  Russia wiped out the communications on the island so everyone, myself included, assumed they were dead.

Could be that it's just more of the fog of war, with all the bullshit getting flung around to try to make (insert your own enemy here) look bad via over the top propaganda. It's a lot more damaging to the Russian rep to claim they killed the guys in cold blood instead of capturing them

Right now, we can't believe much of anything we are hearing. We have to look behind the speaker and suss out their motive for telling a lie, or their motive for telling the truth. It's all in a day's propaganda.

And it is exhausting.

(03-02-2022, 06:35 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: This makes no sense. @"Ninurta" or anyone, please explain this:

Look, i follow both, mainstream media and conspiracy sites, regarding this shit show.

Both are reporting that a big ass Russian convoy of war machines and soldiers has ran out of gasoline and food.

I honestly do not get it. I am not leadership material, at all. My strategic knowledge is miserable. However, if i would be in command... During a time of war... Sending shit loads of troops and equipment somewhere... Trust me, i would make really fucking sure that they have food and gasoline. This is just outright stupid.

Please? Explain.

It's all in a day's propaganda, as I said above.

You cannot believe ANYTHING you are hearing on MSM right now. They are no longer in the news business, they are in the propaganda business. disseminating propaganda favorable to their own chosen government. Likewise, what you are hearing on most conspiracy sites is pure speculation, people trying to fill the gaps in the official propaganda.

The only way to really know the "ground truth" is to be on the ground. In Ukraine.

I noticed that their "16 mile armored column" invading towards Kiev from Belarus suddenly became a FORTY MILE armored column. If their satellite image analysts can be that far off, then nothing they say can be trusted. It's not rocket science - you already know how much distance a pixel in the image covers, and then you just count how many pixels long the column is, and multiply. A third grader could do it.

I have heard reports that some Russian conscripts are punching holes in their own gas tanks to retard the advance. Don't know if that is true or not. I wouldn't put it past them, and it WOULD help explain the fuel shortage, but it could be entirely made up, too, in order to give Russian morale a hit, or just to convince "our" side that Russian morale is tanking.

The long and the short of it is that right now you can't believe anything you hear coming out of Ukraine, until you have a good solid reason to believe it. Just because it was spoken by some Talking Head on the MSM is not a good reason.

They are lying, left and right, because they are being told to lie.

(03-02-2022, 06:57 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 06:35 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: This makes no sense. @"Ninurta" or anyone, please explain this:

Please? Explain.

It's all in a day's propaganda, as I said above.

You cannot believe ANYTHING you are hearing on MSM right now. They are no longer in the news business, they are in the propaganda business. disseminating propaganda favorable to their own chosen government. Likewise, what you are hearing on most conspiracy sites is pure speculation, people trying to fill the gaps in the official propaganda.

The only way to really know the "ground truth" is to be on the ground. In Ukraine.

I noticed that their "16 mile armored column" invading towards Kiev from Belarus suddenly became a FORTY MILE armored column. If their satellite image analysts can be that far off, then nothing they say can be trusted. It's not rocket science - you already know how much distance a pixel in the image covers, and then you just count how many pixels long the column is, and multiply. A third grader could do it.

I have heard reports that some Russian conscripts are punching holes in their own gas tanks to retard the advance. Don't know if that is true or not. I wouldn't put it past them, and it WOULD help explain the fuel shortage, but it could be entirely made up, too, in order to give Russian morale a hit, or just to convince "our" side that Russian morale is tanking.

The long and the short of it is that right now you can't believe anything you hear coming out of Ukraine, until you have a good solid reason to believe it. Just because it was spoken by some Talking Head on the MSM is not a good reason.

They are lying, left and right, because they are being told to lie.

Okay. Thank you for the reply, Sir.

This is very confusing. All of this. Just... confusing. minusculewtf

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(03-02-2022, 07:23 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Okay. Thank you for the reply, Sir.

This is very confusing. All of this. Just... confusing. minusculewtf

You're welcome. It's supposed to be confusing. They are gaslighting us to keep us off balance, and away from hard facts. That is the entire reason for propagandists to exist.

And right now, before the dust settles, they are in high gear to make sure concrete opinions are formed on the flimsiest of evidence. Because, for the most part, for most people, the opinions formed now will remain AFTER the dust settles, and in the face of any future hard facts that may erupt. The first opinion that people form is the strongest, and they will defend it against all odds. Just look at how the covid propaganda formed opinion and divided populations against all scientific evidence.

That is a textbook example of how propaganda works.

@"Ninurta" 

I have heard some people say, that when a war begins, truth dies first.

Is that the case?

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(03-02-2022, 03:42 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

Is that the case?

Truth doesn't exactly die, but it is usually put on life support and hidden in a closet. That is to be expected. It's intent is to mobilize the civilian population to support what would otherwise be unpopular decisions.

(03-02-2022, 03:42 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

Is that the case?

All true. The reason why?

99% of reporters want nothing to do with a combat zone. Something to do with bullet holes and blowy-upy stuff. That really cuts down the information flow. 

100% of belligerents will tell you only what they want you think. Whether it is true or not makes no difference. Information is a weapon and they will wield it as such.
(03-02-2022, 07:43 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Truth doesn't exactly die, but it is usually put on life support and hidden in a closet. That is to be expected. It's intent is to mobilize the civilian population to support what would otherwise be unpopular decisions.

My mind has changed, Sir.

I don't think that i am going to Ukraine. Yes, my military training is still crystal clear in my memory, even as it happened 22 years ago. They design the training that way. Via repetition. To stay in the mind. But the mind itself... has been insane for a long time. I really do not think that my mental health can endure war. Also, i have been thinking about our conversation in the shoutbox. I wanted to talk EXACTLY to you about all of this. I asked a lot of questions. You gave me a lot of replies. You know this shit. I do not think that i am fit to be a soldier. At all, to be honest.

After the completely unfair invasion began, i went way more batshit nuts than usual. Suicidal depression with some psychotic symptoms. I have now managed to eat food, and sleep, and also warm up my sauna and wash myself.

I am quitting my interactions with Finnish defense forces, the e-mails about this.

I am staying home. And as i am an alcoholic, and basically a beer idiot, today is a booze day. Shots. Not gunshots, not for me. But booze shots, for me.

I seriously loathe myself now, but i seriously loathe myself always, therefore in that regard, nothing has really changed.

What i want now, is every single Ukrainian person to hate me, because i let them down.

I apologize.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(03-03-2022, 01:02 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 07:43 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Truth doesn't exactly die, but it is usually put on life support and hidden in a closet. That is to be expected. It's intent is to mobilize the civilian population to support what would otherwise be unpopular decisions.

I don't think that i am going to Ukraine. Yes, my military training is still crystal clear in my memory, even as it happened 22 years ago. They design the training that way. Via repetition. To stay in the mind. But the mind itself... has been insane for a long time. I really do not think that my mental health can endure war. Also, i have been thinking about our conversation in the shoutbox. I wanted to talk EXACTLY to you about all of this. I asked a lot of questions. You gave me a lot of replies. You know this shit. I do not think that i am fit to be a soldier. At all, to be honest.

After the completely unfair invasion began, i went way more batshit nuts than usual. Suicidal depression with some psychotic symptoms. I have now managed to eat food, and sleep, and also warm up my sauna and wash myself.

I am quitting my interactions with Finnish defense forces, the e-mails about this.

I am staying home. And as i am an alcoholic, and basically a beer idiot, today is a booze day. Shots. Not gunshots, not for me. But booze shots, for me.

I seriously loathe myself now, but i seriously loathe myself always, therefore in that regard, nothing has really changed.

What i want now, is every single Ukrainian person to hate me, because i let them down.

I apologize.

You did not let them down. This is their fight, not yours, unless you make it your fight for whatever reason.

They are better served for you to stay in Finland and lobby for your government in Finland to send them weapons to prosecute their own fight. I did notice this  evening that Finland is sending around 5000 anti-tank weapons to the Ukraine. that is as it should be. Send weapons to help them fight. that is much more useful than sending warm bodies, trigger pullers, who will only be used as cannon fodder.

There is only one you, but you can lobby your government to send thousands of weapons to help them.

Your country and mine have both, at one time or another, held Russia as "the enemy". Then for a while they were not. Now Putin seems intent on making them one again. it's easy to bait a man into a fight. it's much harder for that man to resist the bait, and instead think a strategy through that allows him to win a non-fight without raising a fist.

Be that man.

Sun Tzu, a famous Chinese General of long ago, once said that the height of the art of war was to win a war without firing a shot. That is the direction we need to take in this matter.

(03-03-2022, 05:47 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 01:02 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:

I apologize.

You did not let them down. This is their fight, not yours, unless you make it your fight for whatever reason.

They are better served for you to stay in Finland and lobby for your government in Finland to send them weapons to prosecute their own fight. I did notice this  evening that Finland is sending around 5000 anti-tank weapons to the Ukraine. that is as it should be. Send weapons to help them fight. that is much more useful than sending warm bodies, trigger pullers, who will only be used as cannon fodder.

There is only one you, but you can lobby your government to send thousands of weapons to help them.

Your country and mine have both, at one time or another, held Russia as "the enemy". Then for a while they were not. Now Putin seems intent on making them one again. it's easy to bait a man into a fight. it's much harder for that man to resist the bait, and instead think a strategy through that allows him to win a non-fight without raising a fist.

Be that man.

Sun Tzu, a famous Chinese General of long ago, once said that the height of the art of war was to win a war without firing a shot. That is the direction we need to take in this matter.

We have massive underground tunnel system in our capitol city Helsinki, they been digging it from the 50s and still dig. The tunnel is also for defence if Russia would attack .

Underground Helsinki bunkers ready for Russian invasion

Helsinki's sprawling underground tunnel network offers shelter from Russia's potential threat

They dont publish all the tunnel networks down there to public, and what all are there, since it`s for defence. Good luck putin to try take Helsinki tinycool
(03-03-2022, 06:28 AM)Kenzo Wrote: We have massive underground tunnel system in our capitol city Helsinki, they been digging it from the 50s and still dig. The tunnel is also for defence if Russia would attack .

Helsinki's sprawling underground tunnel network offers shelter from Russia's potential threat

They dont publish all the tunnel networks down there to public, and what all are there, since it`s for defence. Good luck putin to try take Helsinki tinycool

Wow. The lady said it was granite walls, but it looks like the interior of a salt mine to me.

Why are the signs in English - "Infant at play, only for 3 years old and under"?

But you, sir, now live in the runway for a Russian invasion. Dig a bunker for yourself there!

(03-03-2022, 08:31 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 06:28 AM)Kenzo Wrote: We have massive underground tunnel system in our capitol city Helsinki, they been digging it from the 50s and still dig. The tunnel is also for defence if Russia would attack .

Wow. The lady said it was granite walls, but it looks like the interior of a salt mine to me.

Why are the signs in English - "Infant at play, only for 3 years old and under"?

But you, sir, now live in the runway for a Russian invasion. Dig a bunker for yourself there!

It is granite rock, that white is something they coated it, not sure what they use.

There are a lot foreigners too there, maybe thats why use English

Yeeh, after Putin showed he`s cards , he could want our land too.

Finnish defence forces channel:

(03-03-2022, 09:01 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Finnish defence forces channel:

Beautiful place. If it wasn't for the snow and cold, I could be persuaded to move there and secure... oh, I dunno... maybe a solid 2 meters of your border with Russia.

With the MSM wanting to keep a safe distance and a safe rhetoric over the Ukraine/Russia situation, the cancel-squad
in the UK and EU are now 'cracking down' down on the trending phenomena of 'Russian oligarchs' who own a lot of
property in Britain and the European mainland.

Roman Abramovich is having to sell a premier football club due to the conflict and like many of his wealthy Russian
comrades, is having his UK-based assets frozen along with vehicles, houses and other luxury sundries, are reportedly
to taken from him.

My questions are, why now and what have they done wrong that they weren't held accountable for before the conflict?

Quote:Two UK-based Russian oligarchs have shares in $22bn conglomerate frozen

Action taken upon Mikhail Fridman and Petr Aven by holding company that owns Holland & Barrett
after EU imposed sanctions

'The UK-based Russian billionaire oligarchs Mikhail Fridman and Petr Aven have had their shares in
the $22bn (£17bn) conglomerate LetterOne, which owns Holland & Barrett, “frozen”, days after they
were hit with EU sanctions following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10777]
Mikhail Fridman (left) and Petr Aven.

LetterOne, which is just under 50% owned by Fridman and Aven, announced on Wednesday night that
the men had “ceased to have any involvement with the company” and that it had frozen their shares.

Lord Davies, the company’s chair and a former Labour trade minister, told the Guardian: “Mikhail Fridman
and Petr Aven have ceased to have any involvement with the company. Their shares are frozen and they
will not receive dividends, expenses, information or access to the business.”

As a result, Davies said, the company was “not controlled by sanctioned individuals”. The billionaires, who
have said they will “contest the spurious and unfounded basis” for the imposition of EU sanctions, will not
be able to sell their stakes in LetterOne while they remain blacklisted.
They will also be barred from entering LetterOne’s offices or speaking to any employees.

Fridman and Aven were placed on the EU sanctions list on Monday. They are not under UK or US sanctions.
Fridman was described by the EU as “a top Russian financier and enabler of Putin’s inner circle”.

Aven was described by the EU as “one of Vladimir Putin’s closest oligarchs”, and an “especially close personal 
riend” of the Rosneft chief executive, Igor Sechin. “He is one of approximately 50 wealthy Russian businessmen
who regularly meet with Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin,” the EU document added.

The men have denied any “financial or political relationship with President Putin or the Kremlin” and said they would
“contest the spurious and unfounded basis for the imposition of these sanctions – vigorously and through all means
available to them.”

Fridman, who was listed as the UK’s 11th wealthiest person in the Sunday Times Rich List with an estimated £11bn
fortune, owns Athlone House, a £65m mansion in Highgate, north London. Aven, who has an estimated $5.5bn fortune,
owns Ingliston House, near Virginia Water, on 8.5 acres of land in a gated estate next to Wentworth golf course.
It boasts an art collection including works by Larionov, Goncharova and Kandinsky, as well sculptures by Louise Bourgeois,
Henry Moore and Antony Gormley in the garden.

The men said the EU sanctions were “malicious and deliberate falsehood”. “Pure and simple, the product of historical
fantasies and conspiracy theories dreamed up by private individuals with their own agendas,” their representatives said
on Tuesday. “They will fight this injustice with every sinew – for themselves and the tens of thousands of employees in the
UK and Europe who rely on them.”

LetterOne, which was created by Fridman and partners with proceeds from the sale of TNK-BP after it was bought out by
Kremlin energy giant Rosneft, owns a swathe of energy assets across Europe as well as Holland & Barrett and the Spanish
supermarket group Dia.

Davies said he would work to support the more than 120,000 people who work for LetterOne and his “focus is to strengthen
the board to ensure these jobs are protected”...'
The Guardian:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.