Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Latest S2 Update on Ukraine
@"Kenzo" 

[Image: Finlandball-Winter-War.jpg]

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(02-27-2022, 05:52 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: IMHO, oil is not the main reason but an important one in a host of considerations made by Putin.

Without Ukraine charging big tariffs, the Russian state keeps a lot more money. Without Ukraine developing their own oil production infrastructure (read: western companies staffed by powerful elites children) Russian keeps the funds flowing. If Russia gets a hold of those NG and oil deposits, they further their own hold on the production/market. With a strong share of the EU gas market, they have leverage in international affairs.  

I agree Putin has dreams of a renewed Russian empire. One can attribute that to perceived safety from invasion or simply more power/control. 

The two are not exclusive. They work together. Look at Belarus. 

I am not cheerleading for Putin, just making observations from the data presented. 

I feel bad for the people of Ukraine. They were turned into the focus of this mess by certain portions of the US and EU who will leave them high and dry to face the Russians alone.

some times, with "friends" like the US and EU talking up a war, one does not need any additional enemies.

It's almost like we are back in the Cold War days of proxy wars, and Ukraine is just the latest proxy, the latest pawn on the chessboard.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-27-2022, 06:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote: My country, Finland was before part of Russian empire.....so i really dont like the mindset Putin seems to have.

As I recall, Finland has been known to hand the Russian's asses to them upon occasion, so there is that for Putin to look at before he leaps at Finland.

I also recall how World War Two had a European Theater and a Pacific Theater both at the same time, and I see that this situation is rapidly developing the same potential.

Wasn't there some famous guy that said something like "I don't know what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"?

If it comes to that, I'm going to blame it on BidenHarris and his cronies, pushing everyone into a needless war all to increase their own personal power and finances. So far, I have found nothing that would indicate the fault lies elsewhere. Sure, Putin and Xi are avaricious bastards, but they'd have not been able to do anything had BidenHarris and Company not provided them with handy excuses.

Ukraine, like all nations, has a right to exist, but the US and Russia do not have the right to meddle in Ukrainian internal affairs and development. Sure, trade with them to help theem along, maybe throw a block party and bring the beer, but screwing around inside their government and telling them how to run it - which both the US (BidenHarris) and Russia (Putin) are guilty of - goes beyond the boundaries of being neighborly.

Most wars, this one included, are preventable with just a little effort... but they get significantly less preventable when oligarchs on both sides are working hard to create them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-27-2022, 06:04 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I agree Ukraine is a long way away and none of the average American's business. Now, all the s***bag elites who had their children on boards of phony oil companies to launder money, they can get on the next thing smokin' to Kiev. They owe it to the average Ukrainian who now bears the weight of all this. But of course they will be silent on the matter.

Russia is not blameless. They invaded another country. That stands. 

What is surprising (not) to me are all my more Lefty/Wokie friends who now have Ukraine flags posted all over FB and are suddenly pro-war with Putin. They are now pro-2A with the free AK's to everybody on the street in Kiev. Almost like they got their orders to post the exact same thing at the exact same time. It's already Putin's fault for climate change, turbo inflation, and truckers protesting. I want to ask them how does it feel to be a stooge in that PSYOP but it isn't worth the effort.

I agree. BidenHarris wanted this war, now he has it, so put a rifle in his hand and point his ass eastward. It gripes my ass that old bastards like him get to talk up a war that OTHER folks are going to have to bleed for, while the originators just keep makin' bank on it, safe and securely distant from the front lines where the bullets fly. If they want a war, they need to be the ones leading the charge, rifle in hand.

Yessir, Putin DID invade. I believe he was pushed into it by War Hawks in the MIC of the west, but the fact remains that HE is the one that did the invading, regardless of provocations. My esteem for him has taken a significant hit because he prove mentally weak and unable to resist the bait. I won't be going bowling with him or playing poker - although I believe I could make a crap ton of money off him in a round of poker, since he can so easily be led around by the nose.

I've noticed the same thing with the marching orders going out to the Left simultaneously. It's more of the same though, really. Borders for Ukraine, but not for America. Arms for Ukrainians, but not Americans. It's still the same old double standard they have always ran. The thing is, the American Left has had a hard-on for Russia for years now, ever since Russia demonstrated in such spectacular ways that their core communist philosophy is fatally flawed. Hell, I even saw one on Facebook last night trying to be all redneck, posting a meme that said something to the effect of "Free AK's and unlimited ammo? Get to kill commies? Who's in?" - They are STILL trying to perpetuate the myth that Russia is still communist. We had 60 years of communism in Russia, so it's an easy sell for them because that is already firmly implanted in Americans' minds. The fact is, it appears that the commies have switched sides, and are now trying to take down Russia because.... the Red Peril!

I can't keep up with the changes, since I lost my dance card!

(02-27-2022, 08:41 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Kenzo" 

[Image: Finlandball-Winter-War.jpg]

Cheers

Hehe...yeeh that`s what happened back then , my grandpa was in the front then . Now it seems like Russia wants to continue their agressive habits again.
(02-27-2022, 09:23 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 06:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote: My country, Finland was before part of Russian empire.....so i really dont like the mindset Putin seems to have.

As I recall, Finland has been known to hand the Russian's asses to them upon occasion, so there is that for Putin to look at before he leaps at Finland.

I also recall how World War Two had a European Theater and a Pacific Theater both at the same time, and I see that this situation is rapidly developing the same potential.

Wasn't there some famous guy that said something like "I don't know what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"?

If it comes to that, I'm going to blame it on BidenHarris and his cronies, pushing everyone into a needless war all to increase their own personal power and finances. So far, I have found nothing that would indicate the fault lies elsewhere. Sure, Putin and Xi are avaricious bastards, but they'd have not been able to do anything had BidenHarris and Company not provided them with handy excuses.

Ukraine, like all nations, has a right to exist, but the US and Russia do not have the right to meddle in Ukrainian internal affairs and development. Sure, trade with them to help theem along, maybe throw a block party and bring the beer, but screwing around inside their government and telling them how to run it - which both the US (BidenHarris) and Russia (Putin) are guilty of - goes beyond the boundaries of being neighborly.

Most wars, this one included, are preventable with just a little effort... but they get significantly less preventable when oligarchs on both sides are working hard to create them.

Stalin did try to take Finland , only to find out it was mistake to try it.
(02-27-2022, 09:38 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 06:04 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I agree Ukraine is a long way away and none of the average American's business. Now, all the s***bag elites who had their children on boards of phony oil companies to launder money, they can get on the next thing smokin' to Kiev. They owe it to the average Ukrainian who now bears the weight of all this. But of course they will be silent on the matter.

Russia is not blameless. They invaded another country. That stands. 

What is surprising (not) to me are all my more Lefty/Wokie friends who now have Ukraine flags posted all over FB and are suddenly pro-war with Putin. They are now pro-2A with the free AK's to everybody on the street in Kiev. Almost like they got their orders to post the exact same thing at the exact same time. It's already Putin's fault for climate change, turbo inflation, and truckers protesting. I want to ask them how does it feel to be a stooge in that PSYOP but it isn't worth the effort.

I agree. BidenHarris wanted this war, now he has it, so put a rifle in his hand and point his ass eastward. It gripes my ass that old bastards like him get to talk up a war that OTHER folks are going to have to bleed for, while the originators just keep makin' bank on it, safe and securely distant from the front lines where the bullets fly. If they want a war, they need to be the ones leading the charge, rifle in hand.(1)

Yessir, Putin DID invade. I believe he was pushed into it by War Hawks in the MIC of the west(2), but the fact remains that HE is the one that did the invading, regardless of provocations. My esteem for him has taken a significant hit because he prove mentally weak and unable to resist the bait. I won't be going bowling with him or playing poker(3) - although I believe I could make a crap ton of money off him in a round of poker, since he can so easily be led around by the nose.

I've noticed the same thing with the marching orders going out to the Left simultaneously. It's more of the same though, really. Borders for Ukraine, but not for America. Arms for Ukrainians, but not Americans. It's still the same old double standard they have always ran. The thing is, the American Left has had a hard-on for Russia for years now, ever since Russia demonstrated in such spectacular ways that their core communist philosophy is fatally flawed. Hell, I even saw one on Facebook last night trying to be all redneck, posting a meme that said something to the effect of "Free AK's and unlimited ammo? Get to kill commies? Who's in?" - They are STILL trying to perpetuate the myth that Russia is still communist. We had 60 years of communism in Russia, so it's an easy sell for them because that is already firmly implanted in Americans' minds. The fact is, it appears that the commies have switched sides, and are now trying to take down Russia because.... the Red Peril!

I can't keep up with the changes, since I lost my dance card!

1. Amen.

2. Yes he was. However, I think that "pushing" was sloppy, belligerent, and benefited only a few. His response was very...Russian. 

3. Shoot. I'll let him know we need to find a forth for next week.
(02-27-2022, 06:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 05:52 PM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 07:44 AM)Kenzo Wrote: i dont agree it`s because oil,gas,money as main reason.

Putin has talked how he would like to have Russia as were in time of Russian empire ( not soviet union )

So he wants to restore ,build back the empire . That means also getting land areas,  by force if necessary. Putin is evil dictator and live in he`s own bubble...where he creates he`s own reality .

IMHO, oil is not the main reason but an important one in a host of considerations made by Putin.

Without Ukraine charging big tariffs, the Russian state keeps a lot more money. Without Ukraine developing their own oil production infrastructure (read: western companies staffed by powerful elites children) Russian keeps the funds flowing. If Russia gets a hold of those NG and oil deposits, they further their own hold on the production/market. With a strong share of the EU gas market, they have leverage in international affairs.  

I agree Putin has dreams of a renewed Russian empire. One can attribute that to perceived safety from invasion or simply more power/control. 

I am not cheerleading for Putin, just making observations from the data presented. 

I feel bad for the people of Ukraine. They were turned into the focus of this mess by certain portions of the US and EU who will leave them high and dry to face the Russians alone.

I feel bad also for the people of Ukraine . Yeeh i think you are right about oil/gas that is also on their dreams and effecting decisions.

My country, Finland was before part of Russian empire.....so i really dont like the mindset Putin seems to have.

Finland, huh? Yeah, the Russians need to leave you and your music scene alone. It is doing great things.

I fully appreciate sitting on the doorstep of all the festivities and sitting on the other side of the planet provides two distinct perspectives. I pray all goes well for you and Finland. 

RIP Alexi Laiho
Not defending Putin, but if he were the snapped maniac dictator they claim him to be, wouldn't he march those 13 captured Snake Island soldiers to Kiev, tell the Ukrainian president to surrender, or the 13 would be executed?
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(03-01-2022, 03:35 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Not defending Putin, but if he were the snapped maniac dictator they claim him to be, wouldn't he march those 13 captured Snake Island soldiers to Kiev, tell the Ukrainian president to surrender, or the 13 would be executed?

He might, but they walk kinda funny when they've been blown all to shit by the Russian Navy.

No, really, I'm not on Putin's side either. I'm on the side of the US, and cannot for the life of me figure out why BidenHarris is poking his nose into other folks' business. Let the Ukrainians and Russians sort this mess out, maybe give the Ukrainians weapons, but let their asses do the heavy lifting.

Considering all the rhetoric from the past around the famous might and power of Russia, I'd have thought
taking the Ukraine would be a walk-over. But maybe they're just taking their time! Let's hope this drawn-out
war campaign isn't distracting the public from other issues closer to home!

(Didn't we used to hide under our school desks from this country?)
tinyhuh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10771]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
"Anyone with a functional frontal cortex"

A perspective from Rita Panahi, Sky News, Aust.

https://youtu.be/c-kMHYNxNgg

I was wondering if any of the file footage was posted in US during Trump's time as president.

He went through a lot of shit and still stood up for MAGA.

Posted in this forum as it pertains to perhaps his insight as to what could occur and certainly has.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
Here's another perspective from Sky reporter Peter Stefonovic.

https://youtu.be/l0QRj-nPcSs

This report relates to the UN and basically lays out that they are impotent.  There is no use for them.  They can't even vote to prevent what is happening in Ukraine.  

I've known for years what a bunch of self important windbags they are.

They are shown to be defunct.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
(03-01-2022, 09:14 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 03:35 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Not defending Putin, but if he were the snapped maniac dictator they claim him to be, wouldn't he march those 13 captured Snake Island soldiers to Kiev, tell the Ukrainian president to surrender, or the 13 would be executed?

He might, but they walk kinda funny when they've been blown all to shit by the Russian Navy.

No, really, I'm not on Putin's side either. I'm on the side of the US, and cannot for the life of me figure out why BidenHarris is poking his nose into other folks' business. Let the Ukrainians and Russians sort this mess out, maybe give the Ukrainians weapons, but let their asses do the heavy lifting.

Apparently those soldiers are alive and well, but were captured by Russia.  Russia wiped out the communications on the island so everyone, myself included, assumed they were dead.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(02-28-2022, 09:03 PM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 06:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 05:52 PM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 07:44 AM)Kenzo Wrote: i dont agree it`s because oil,gas,money as main reason.

Putin has talked how he would like to have Russia as were in time of Russian empire ( not soviet union )

So he wants to restore ,build back the empire . That means also getting land areas,  by force if necessary. Putin is evil dictator and live in he`s own bubble...where he creates he`s own reality .

IMHO, oil is not the main reason but an important one in a host of considerations made by Putin.

I feel bad also for the people of Ukraine . Yeeh i think you are right about oil/gas that is also on their dreams and effecting decisions.

My country, Finland was before part of Russian empire.....so i really dont like the mindset Putin seems to have.

Finland, huh? Yeah, the Russians need to leave you and your music scene alone. It is doing great things.

I fully appreciate sitting on the doorstep of all the festivities and sitting on the other side of the planet provides two distinct perspectives. I pray all goes well for you and Finland. 

RIP Alexi Laiho

Thanks mate , yeeh russians should stay away here .

Look`s now that majority here want to join NATO , and by looking what russia did i agree.  We recently decided to buy 64 Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II fighter jets.....hopefully good planes ...

Oh and btw, i live quite near Russian border now, im inside basic artillery range if Ruskies would start something tinysure If they start, send NATO help me okey ?
https://thegoodcitizen.substack.com/p/uk...source=url  which is worth a read IMO