Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scottish Police Chief apologises.
I hope this works.  Wondering if Gordi knows this bloke!

The Chief Apologises - Scot Squad - BBC Scotland Comedy

In a time of apologies this cracked me up and very clever.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
Regardless of their sizable investments in propoganda/PR (some call it reparations), Aberdonians remain saddled with the stereotype. When will the Scots get over it?

In anticipation of the potential backlash - I would like to apologize to the Scots...that have not gotten over it...and, offer this tune to assuage their bruised sensibilities.

"Get Over It"
Eagles (1994)

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

He might as well camp out at that podium.
(02-24-2022, 03:47 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

He might as well camp out at that podium.

True one that.  I had a laugh when I watched it.

Thanks for your reply,

(02-22-2022, 05:15 AM)Bally002 Wrote: I hope this works.  Wondering if Gordi knows this bloke!

The Chief Apologises - Scot Squad - BBC Scotland Comedy

In a time of apologies this cracked me up and very clever.

Kind regards,

hehe

ScotSquad is a bit "hit'n'miss" but I do quite like that character.
I can assure fellow rogues that this is not (quite) how bad things have actually got here in Scotland... yet!

But Aberdonians deserve everything that's coming to them!!!!!   tinylaughing

G out.

***Quick Edit to add:
In World Stereotypes... The Scots are often portrayed as being "careful" (tight) with money.
But In Scotland... Aberdonians are specifically regarded as being "careful" (tight) with money.
And, In Aberdeen itself... residents of Peterhead are regarded as being "careful" (tight) with Money.

My favourite tale of such frugality came in the form of a telephone conversation between a Widow from Peterhead, and a reporter from the local newspaper "The Evening Express".

Widow: Hello, I'd like to place an obituary for my late husband, can you tell me the cost please?
Reporter: Yes madam, it's five pounds per word for obituaries.
Widow: Oh my! That's a bit expensive... I only have twenty pounds... uhm... You'd better just put this: "Ian Reid, Peterheid, Deid" (*translates as: Ian Reid, Peterhead, Dead.)
Reporter: Oh madam, that seems a little bit.... erm... abrupt... let me talk to the editor to see what we can do, and I'll call you right back.
Later:
Reporter: Hello Mrs Reid. Good News, my editor has agreed to give you three extra words included in the price, to help with your late husbands obituary.
Widow: Oh thank you, thank you very much! If you could just put this then:
"Ian Reid, Peterheid, Deid. - Volvo For Sale! - "

minusculebeercheers
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(02-24-2022, 10:55 AM)gordi Wrote: My favourite tale of such frugality came in the form of a telephone conversation between a Widow from Peterhead, and a reporter from the local newspaper "The Evening Express".

Widow: Hello, I'd like to place an obituary for my late husband, can you tell me the cost please?
Reporter: Yes madam, it's five pounds per word for obituaries.
Widow: Oh my! That's a bit expensive... I only have twenty pounds... uhm... You'd better just put this: "Ian Reid, Peterheid, Deid" (*translates as: Ian Reid, Peterhead, Dead.)
Reporter: Oh madam, that seems a little bit.... erm... abrupt... let me talk to the editor to see what we can do, and I'll call you right back.
Later:
Reporter: Hello Mrs Reid. Good News, my editor has agreed to give you three extra words included in the price, to help with your late husbands obituary.
Widow: Oh thank you, thank you very much! If you could just put this then:
"Ian Reid, Peterheid, Deid. - Volvo For Sale! - "

minusculebeercheers

tinylaughing Classic!
I was in Rimini -Italy was on my honeymoon back in '83 and was explaining the stereotypes of Britain to a group
of people from all over Europe. But a late-comer to the humorous chat waited until I arrived at speaking of the
Scottish typecast and told me loudly that I was in error. He was a Scotsman!

I had to use all my limited powers of persuasion to explain that being from the North-East of England doesn't
purvey we are hesitant in spending money because of thriftiness, just that we don't have the lifestyles that
some further south do!
I bought him a pint and all was forgotten!
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-24-2022, 11:46 AM)BIAD Wrote: tinylaughing Classic!
I was in Rimini -Italy was on my honeymoon back in '83 and was explaining the stereotypes of Britain to a group
of people from all over Europe. But a late-comer to the humorous chat waited until I arrived at speaking of the
Scottish typecast and told me loudly that I was in error. He was a Scotsman!

I had to use all my limited powers of persuasion to explain that being from the North-East of England doesn't
purvey we are hesitant in spending money because of thriftiness, just that we don't have the lifestyles that
some further south do!
I bought him a pint and all was forgotten!
tinywondering

I was in the Algarve (Albufeira?) on holiday once, and the hotel complex had "entertainment" in the bar.
We ended up sitting in the company of a group of loud (but funny) English tourists from the "Saaath" and a very quiet (and miserable) couple from Aberdeen.
After a while, the guy from Aberdeen stood up and was making his way towards the main doors when the ringleader of the English tourists piped up loudly: "What's up Jock, has Happy Hour finished??"
The Aberdonian just looked a bit limply at the guy and then just scuttled off embarrassed, without saying a word.

It WAS actually quite funny, (even though I felt a bit let-down by the lack of a decent response from my countryman...) but I remember remarking to the English chap that he was VERY lucky that he hadn't made that statement to a Glaswegian or the outcome would have been quite different!
We ended up having a great time with loads of banter back and forth, unlike the Aberdonian who seemed to just have no sense of humour at all! Which is strange because all of my mates from Montrose, about 40miles south of Aberdeen, have a GREAT sense of humour and are fantastic company!

Weird.

minusculebeercheers
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]