Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Spider's love story

We have a couple of male dogs who have to fight for the act of procreation with the females . They always come back and go out of their way to show me the war wounds. I feel sorry for them as that is a dogs life however it is nothing compared to the amorous spider in the following video.
(12-14-2021, 09:51 AM)727Sky Wrote:
We have a couple of male dogs who have to fight for the act of procreation with the females . They always come back and go out of their way to show me the war wounds. I feel sorry for them as that is a dogs life however it is nothing compared to the amorous spider in the following video.

Wonder how much time & effort he'd invested into his dance?
This is a competition I would have lost, even before it started.
In fact, I think I have acquired the same result...most of my life.

Walk The Moon
"Shut Up & Dance"

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

(12-14-2021, 03:33 PM)Minstrel Wrote: Wonder how much time & effort he'd invested into his dance?
This is a competition I would have lost, even before it started.
In fact, I think I have acquired the same result...most of my life.

Walk The Moon
"Shut Up & Dance"

That video serves to remind me of how glad I am that I'm not young anymore. The grueling, endless rounds of mating rituals were more than any human should have to endure.

I still don't know how I managed to survive it all to get old. Maybe I just jumped fast and often, like the spider. His mistake was not making that last jump far enough...

When you see the broken, drained, discarded carcasses of previous suitors on the path in, maybe that out to be your warning sign to hit-n-git.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-14-2021, 06:55 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...
I still don't know how I managed to survive it all to get old. Maybe I just jumped fast and often, like the spider. His mistake was not making that last jump far enough...

When you see the broken, drained, discarded carcasses of previous suitors on the path in, maybe that out to be your warning sign to hit-n-git.

He was probably gloating, or looking for someplace to take a nap.
I thought the same, as he passed those corpses.

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~