Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Copper mining 7000 years ago
An interesting story about copper mining for the bronze age. If this is correct there really was a sea faring trade route from America to Europe somewhere between 3500 and 7000 years ago..
That is some interesting stuff. 

While I have zero evidence of anything, I believe we do not give humans enough credit back then. 

People move around. A lot! Always have. A body of water or mountain range didn't deterred them. If there was stuff they needed, they were on the move to get it. They were doing way more, way earlier than we are led to think. 

Unfortunately, for academia if it doesn't fit, it gets thrown out.
I have No Doubt  they were mining Copper and Gold.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(12-10-2021, 02:36 PM)727Sky Wrote: An interesting story about copper mining for the bronze age. If this is correct there really was a sea faring trade route from America to Europe somewhere between 3500 and 7000 years ago..

I was wondering if they were going to talk the pit mines. Thing I really don't like about these kind of video/ documentary videos is they use images that don't really match or show what their talking about.

Anyway Michigan and Wisconsin wasn't the only place copper pit mines were found. Many have been found in the U.S West in Arizona, Kommiefornia and Nevada. In South America in Preu and Chile.

Guess what, many of the indigenous natives in those areas told/tell stories that Light Skinned People, or Red Headed Cannibalistic Women Raping Sodomites Giants were the ones doing mining and that they traded or learned it from them.

Here's a link for a site, Yeah i know is what some would call pseudoscience, but I'm a firmly believe that there is much much more about what is known about histroy then we are lead to believe.

Quote:Peruvians tell of giants arriving and building water wells, eating their men, raping their women and sodomizing each other until God killed them with a mighty sword.

Today, we find the remains of amazingly built water wells of ancient times, elongated skulls with red hair. As well, in Arizona/California/Nevada, red-haired giants reported, giants found in caves and in the ground in copper mining areas. The moundbuilders of the Upper Midwest mined copper in Michigan, traded up and down the Mississippi with the people of the Gulf area. Remains of giants have been found extensively in that region.

When 1500s Spanish explorers went from Florida to the west along the Gulf, they encountered the Karankawa Indians in Texas who told them they got their copper implements from trading with the north. The northern copper mines were no doubt mined by Native American tribes who had claimed what was begun by the giants long ago and taught to them.

Quote:The Menomonie Indians of north Wisconsin possess a legend that speaks about the ancient mines. They described the mines as being worked by “light skinned men”, who were able to identify the mines by throwing magical stones on the ground, which made the ores that contained copper ring like a bell. This practice closely resembles a similar practice that was used in Europe during the Bronze Age. Bronze with a high concentration of tin indeed resonates when a stone is thrown against it. The legend might have confused the start of the process with the result of the process. Even so, S.A. Barnett, the first archaeologist who studied Aztalan, a site near the mines, believed that the miners originated from Europe. His conclusion was largely based on the type of tools that had been used, tools which were not used by the local people.

Those Seafaring Copper-Mining Ancient Giants!

Maybe one day the real truth about the world will be reveled.
[Image: TWBB.png]

It's possible.

Projectile points from the European Solutrean Culture have been found in America. One at Cactus Hill in Virginia I believe, and another dredged up from the Chesapeake Bay. The folks that found them speculated that Solutreans followed the edges of the ice sheet to the north, hunting seals, until they ended up in America. The thing is, ice sheets don't just disappear over night, so if the route was known 20,000 years ago, continued commerce between the two would have adjusted their routes as the ice receded, and the route would be remembered over time.

It's substantially the same route used by Leif Erikson to find and settle Vinland a thousand years ago, long after the ice cap was gone.

Then there is the Bat Creek "runestone" from Tennessee. Rather than runes, the script appears to be Cananitic in origin. There have been other anomalous finds of a similar nature in the US over time.

So, it's not out of the question.

One place I have to question in the video is "the harbor for large ships" on an island off the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. To get to it, they would have had to bring their ship up the St Lawrence, and across the great Lakes. I have to wonder how they got "large ships" past the falls at Niagra in those days. Portaging a large ship, especially on the outward trip when it would presumably be laden with a cargo of copper, would be no mean feat.

Lake Superior is deep - almost a thousand feet - and has a reputation for eating ships. one wonders what might be found at the bottom of it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Re: Runestones and other ooparts.

Gotta wonder about things that go missing.  Will that lost sock be found on another continent 5,000 years from now?  tinylaughing

Somewhat seriously, I sometimes wonder if there isn't some kind of "spontaneous transport" mechanism that occasionally grabs things and people.  Dinosaur sightings in our modern era, anyone?

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(12-10-2021, 10:47 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...Lake Superior is deep - almost a thousand feet - and has a reputation for eating ships. one wonders what might be found at the bottom of it.

Probably the same as is reportedly found at the bottom of the ocean... Water tinywhat 

As @"ABNARTY" & @"hounddoghowlie" proposed - I think a lot of @realhistory doesn't jive well with contemporarily-accepted/pushed archaeological explanations/traditions.

I recall reading that Mary of Magdala's uncle (the name slips me) was a tin merchant based on the shores of England (or Great Britain).

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~