Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cold.....
I'm just tired of it. Ordered some UGGs, got some Carhartt medium duty hoodies and long sleeve T shirts. and I'm still cold by the morning.  Live in North Carolina in a 100 year old uninsulated wood house two story and just live in the living room with all the others blocked off or doors shut. I heat with an electric tower heater from Tractor Supply and it's barely enough. Got my Kitty a felt igloo for her to stay bundly in, so that's good. I'm just tired of the cold. And there are three more months to go of it. Only time I'm warm is in my Car on the was to Micky D's in the morning for breakfast.
(11-28-2021, 08:04 AM)PLOTUS Wrote: I'm just tired of it. Ordered some UGGs, got some Carhartt medium duty hoodies and long sleeve T shirts. and I'm still cold by the morning.  Live in North Carolina in a 100 year old uninsulated wood house two story and just live in the living room with all the others blocked off or doors shut. I heat with an electric tower heater from Tractor Supply and it's barely enough. Got my Kitty a felt igloo for her to stay bundly in, so that's good. I'm just tired of the cold. And there are three more months to go of it. Only time I'm warm is in my Car on the was to Micky D's in the morning for breakfast.

I am tired of the cold also, luckely i have warm house, but i dont like much being outdoor with this cold weather, now about−8,9 ℃  .

I dont like winter , snow, cold , darkness .

Sorry to hear you dont have enough warm in house,  it`s something really terrible.

I hope this scientist is wrong ....

“The next 30 years will be Cold,” says Climate Scientist Dr. Willie Soon

Even the idea of next 30 years of more cold is something that sounds so awful tinybighuh .....just cancell it and i take the global warming instead anyday .
@"Kenzo" 

Yeah, I mean, can you imagine the sight of @"BIAD" skating naked on a frozen Thames River?

tinylaughing

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(11-28-2021, 10:23 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Kenzo" 

Yeah, I mean, can you imagine the sight of @"BIAD" skating naked on a frozen Thames River?

tinylaughing

Cheers

Yeeh exactly tinylaughing 

Not sure how the Brits warm their houses ? I have just shady memory that they use that warm bottle thing there, that rubber warmer which is filled with hot water and taked to bed also.

1683-84 the Thames froze over for seven weeks, during which it was "passable by foot", according to historical records.

Earth heading for 'mini ice age' within 15 years
(11-28-2021, 10:46 AM)Kenzo Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 10:23 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Kenzo" 

tinylaughing

Cheers

Yeeh exactly tinylaughing 

Not sure how the Brits warm their houses ? I have just shady memory that they use that warm bottle thing there, that rubber warmer which is filled with hot water and taked to bed also.

1683-84 the Thames froze over for seven weeks, during which it was "passable by foot", according to historical records.

Earth heading for 'mini ice age' within 15 years

Ah yes, the hot-water bottle! Before that, we used a covered pan with hot ashes to warm the bed before Henry VIII jumped
into the arms of his latest fling!

But the cold is certainly a serious thing, especially when commented about by a Climate Scientist called 'Willie Soon'!
tinylaughing
(BIAD skates with gloves on, so technically...)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD" 

How common is that bit with the device one has to toss coins into to get heat?

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(11-28-2021, 05:34 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

How common is that bit with the device one has to toss coins into to get heat?

Cheers

The coin-slot idea is very rare now and I'd say when it comes to heating via mains gas, non-existent. The Guv'ment
don't like the idea of old ladies and young mothers being found stiff as a board when spring rolls around. It effects
voting!

No, they use a limited 'credit card' to purchase gas at a Post Office and if you can't maintain the debt-payment, then
begging at the nearest 'Department for Work and Pensions' office is the usual route. It usually works, especially if you
have a child with you.

I believe the TV coin-boxes are still available to those who are 'locked in' with certain companies that sell TVs.
It ensures their payment.
minusculethumbsup
(11-28-2021, 08:04 AM)PLOTUS Wrote: I'm just tired of it. Ordered some UGGs, got some Carhartt medium duty hoodies and long sleeve T shirts. and I'm still cold by the morning.  Live in North Carolina in a 100 year old uninsulated wood house two story and just live in the living room with all the others blocked off or doors shut. I heat with an electric tower heater from Tractor Supply and it's barely enough. Got my Kitty a felt igloo for her to stay bundly in, so that's good. I'm just tired of the cold. And there are three more months to go of it. Only time I'm warm is in my Car on the was to Micky D's in the morning for breakfast.

Where in NC? I used to live in Fayetteville. I thought the winters there were mild but I lived in Alaska before that. So I may not be a good judge. 

Not sure about you but I am a cold sleeper. My body shuts down and I freeze if not properly covered up no matter where I am. Extra blankets are a must  tinybiggrin
We are heading to wrong direction , for colder period in weather tinybighuh

Due to changes in solar cycles, Earth could enter a period of GLOBAL COOLING, scientists warn

Quote:Governments should prepare for cooler temps, not global warming

This global cooling research is ignored by the global warming alarmists, who are too busy convincing governments to levy carbon taxes on the people and conduct geoengineering experiments that remove carbon from the atmosphere. A recent study found that rising carbon dioxide levels are critical for crop yields and increased those yields by an estimated 40 percent since 1940. Carbon dioxide played a significant role in feeding a growing world population over the past eighty years, at a time when global life expediencies doubled. There are people who want to reduce the world’s population; they openly talk about reducing the amount of carbon in the atmosphere to achieve these nefarious goals.

Zharkova believes that governments are being misled by the recent “global warming” COP26 summit in Glasgow, Scotland. As governments prepare their populations to fight global warming, Zharkova believes they should be preparing to counter a period of global cooling, brought on by forces out of man’s control. “They [global warming alarmists] want to gain their money—the taxes, or whatever they get from green technology—as soon as possible, because they will be exposed very quickly,” Zharkova said.

To make matters worse, global warming alarmists have been cherry-picking data and only showing temperature cycles and carbon levels over a short amount of time, relative to the Earth’s history. When the big picture is shown, atmospheric carbon levels are actually quite low, compared to all other periods of time throughout history. For more, check out ClimateScienceNews.com.
(11-29-2021, 09:11 AM)Kenzo Wrote: We are heading to wrong direction , for colder period in weather tinybighuh

Quote:Governments should prepare for cooler temps, not global warming...

Yes, but are the people involved white...? Have minority status? What do they wear? 
Double-vaccinated?
tinysurprised tinybiggrin
(11-29-2021, 09:41 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 09:11 AM)Kenzo Wrote: We are heading to wrong direction , for colder period in weather tinybighuh

Yes, but are the people involved white...? Have minority status? What do they wear? 
Double-vaccinated?

Well, now rhat i am pondering this...,.the illegal aliens might get frightened the cold weather and move back to their  warmer motherlands..... tinywondering
(11-29-2021, 09:48 AM)Kenzo Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 09:41 AM)BIAD Wrote:

Double-vaccinated?

Well, now rhat i am pondering this...,.the illegal aliens might get frightened the cold weather and move back to their  warmer motherlands..... tinywondering

Yeah... do a Pelosi-to-Florida routine! Although, not everyone crossing the border has $25 million to buy a house!!
tinylaughing

I can relate to this. We moved from South Carolina to Iowa when I was around 12 years old. We didn't have much money back then and there were many mornings in the winter time that I would wake up shivering and could see my breathe . I learned to layer layer layer. and many blankets. 

Stay warm, my friend.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(11-29-2021, 01:19 PM)kdog Wrote:

I can relate to this. We moved from South Carolina to Iowa when I was around 12 years old. We didn't have much money back then and there were many mornings in the winter time that I would wake up shivering and could see my breathe . I learned to layer layer layer. and many blankets. 

Stay warm, my friend.

Big heavy adult coats on the bed, that was the way to go and fleet of foot when using the outside toilet!
This month it has started getting cooler here too... Day time Temps 80ish and night time already hitting 60ish. My favorite time of year as the older i get the more the 98 to 102 day time temps hurt my golf game and me !!
(11-29-2021, 01:52 PM)727Sky Wrote: This  month it has started getting cooler here too... Day time Temps 80ish and night time already hitting 60ish. My favorite time of year as the older i get the more the 98 to 102 day time temps hurt my golf game and me !!

We all have our burdens to bear, mate!!!
tinylaughing

get you a couple of these,

[Image: 2c639f8b131c9f3e88dadf26d422250f.png]

and layer up until you look like this,

[Image: f848f9d12e67b8698103995a94a5b613.png]

smallrofl smallrofl
[Image: TWBB.png]