Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trains in LA Getting Looted
Are you waiting for a package? If it goes through LA, you may never see it. 

First it sits off shore forever. When it finally gets put on rail, it gets looted. In broad daylight. First the stores, now this. 

No worries though. The LA Sheriff says he will put someone on it.  tinysure

I  think the only solution to this is to stop doing business with places that ship through the Port of Los Angeles. China, Vietnam, PI, etc. Of course, the government won't stop doing business with them, political realities being what they are, but that would be the government's lookout, I imagine. There is no particular reason we should keep shoveling money into the pockets of looters, and if the government is the only one left doing that, well, then we'd see just how fast it would get cured!

Now, necessarily, that would also involve stopping doing business with businesses that deal with those sorts of items that have to come through that port. Walmart, Amazon, etc. Stopping doing direct business overseas may have an effect, but stopping doing second-hand business will have a much larger effect.

The fly in that ointment is that no one appears to be willing to quit doing business with Walmart or Amazon, or very few are. Folks gotta have their cheap trinkets, I reckon.

"Cheap trinkets" is also how white folks got their original foothold among the Indians here - and we see what came of that!

But some folks never learn. So, I'd guess that people will still keep shoveling their money at the looters.

And looting will therefore always be profitable.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-28-2021, 02:52 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Are you waiting for a package? If it goes through LA, you may never see it. 

First it sits off shore forever. When it finally gets put on rail, it gets looted. In broad daylight. First the stores, now this. 

Not so long ago, we talked about what happened in South Africa.....the looting there was massive scale. Now it seems like LA has similar issues...
COOL.

Urban Robber-Barons.  Now all they need are ornate mansions as a reflection of the stronghold castles of old.

[Image: spin.gif]

This is like the Middle Ages; merchants will have to pay protection money for their goods to reach destination.  Meaning consumers will pay with increased costs for goods.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

ABNARTYAre you waiting for a package? If it goes through LA, you may never see it. 

They need to go back to the good old days when train detectives/railroad police dealt with this kind of sh@@. If the would be thieves made it to jail they were considered lucky, no matter how bad they were beat about the head and shoulders.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(11-28-2021, 09:18 AM)Kenzo Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 02:52 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Are you waiting for a package? If it goes through LA, you may never see it. 

Not so long ago, we talked about what happened in South Africa.....the looting there was massive scale. Now it seems like LA has similar issues...

You bring up a great point. I hadn't even thought about that but it's right there in front of my eyes. For me, it just confirms this is intentional.
(11-28-2021, 05:01 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I  think the only solution to this is to stop doing business with places that ship through the Port of Los Angeles. China, Vietnam, PI, etc. Of course, the government won't stop doing business with them, political realities being what they are, but that would be the government's lookout, I imagine. There is no particular reason we should keep shoveling money into the pockets of looters, and if the government is the only one left doing that, well, then we'd see just how fast it would get cured!

Now, necessarily, that would also involve stopping doing business with businesses that deal with those sorts of items that have to come through that port. Walmart, Amazon, etc. Stopping doing direct business overseas may have an effect, but stopping doing second-hand business will have a much larger effect.

The fly in that ointment is that no one appears to be willing to quit doing business with Walmart or Amazon, or very few are. Folks gotta have their cheap trinkets, I reckon.

"Cheap trinkets" is also how white folks got their original foothold among the Indians here - and we see what came of that!

But some folks never learn. So, I'd guess that people will still keep shoveling their money at the looters.

And looting will therefore always be profitable.

Very true but I am in a bind that way. There are no other stores by me. If I need something, it's Amazon, Walmart, or that's about it. A very bad situation. I am over a barrel.
(11-28-2021, 10:15 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: COOL.

Urban Robber-Barons.  Now all they need are ornate mansions as a reflection of the stronghold castles of old.

[Image: spin.gif]

This is like the Middle Ages; merchants will have to pay protection money for their goods to reach destination.  Meaning consumers will pay with increased costs for goods.

Cheers

All true. I guess humanity doesn't change much that way. 

I for one want to see some Motte and Bailey action going up in East LA. The first gang that builds a trebuchet gets my vote.
(11-28-2021, 04:31 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: ABNARTYAre you waiting for a package? If it goes through LA, you may never see it. 

They need to go back to the good old days when train detectives/railroad police dealt with this kind of sh@@. If the would be thieves made it to jail they were considered lucky, no matter how bad they were beat about the head and shoulders.

I'm trying to remember where I read the railroads are facing the same, self imposed labor issues as other businesses. Maybe the comments from this video on YT? IDK

In this case, supposedly UP is cutting back on security. Way less security guards on the trains or yards. Supposedly Amazon has some high speed container locks but that doesn't stop the thieves. So you park a loaded train in East LA, unguarded, over night. Is it any mystery?
They claim now that the word looting is racist tinybighuh 

Video: Reporter, Academics Claim The Word ‘Looting’ Is Racist

I dont see it racist word .
(11-29-2021, 02:37 PM)Kenzo Wrote: They claim now that the word looting is racist tinybighuh 

any word that describes the behavior, actions of the new woke folks be them old, young, or just plain stupid is racist. can't be telling the truth about how sorry they are.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(11-29-2021, 02:37 PM)Kenzo Wrote: They claim now that the word looting is racist tinybighuh 

For me, racism is just a deflection without merit. An attempt to distract from the issue. Call it whatever they want. It's still theft. One person not respecting another person's personal liberty by taking their stuff without permission. In addition, the same persons are destroying other people's property without permission. 

If this is allowed, then where is the line of which personal liberties are allowed to be ignored? Their property? Their livelihood? Their life? 

Laws are there for a reason. They may not all be perfect but they help. If there are disagreements with specifics, then debate the specifics and make improvements. Throwing out the whole thing does not address any specific issue. 

Anyone who has ever read any 20th century history, knows exactly what this is. There is a ton of evidence available. It is undeniable. However, the American education system (maybe the same in other parts of the world) has skipped a lot of this in the last few years in favor of BS. As a result, they don't see it. They don't know what they are looking at. They are being played.