Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cryptid Con 2021: Update in replies!
This weekend Kdog and I will be going to Cryptid Con 2021!!!

I am so excited! I bought tickets during pre-sale well in advance. Looking forward to all of the speakers and as there will be beaucoup vendors hopefully will come back with some cool souvenirs as well!

If anyone else is going let one of us know- maybe we can meet up and terrorize the Con together!

Cryptid Con
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(11-18-2021, 11:04 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: This weekend Kdog and I will be going to Cryptid Con 2021!!!

I am so excited! I bought tickets during pre-sale well in advance. Looking forward to all of the speakers and as there will be beaucoup vendors hopefully will come back with some cool souvenirs as well!

If anyone else is going let one of us know- maybe we can meet up and terrorize the Con together!

Cryptid Con

I didn't even know it was going on, or I'd have probably went. It's only around a 4 hour drive from here, and I coulda met the Mountain Monsters crew!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-18-2021, 11:18 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 11:04 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: This weekend Kdog and I will be going to Cryptid Con 2021!!!

Cryptid Con

I didn't even know it was going on, or I'd have probably went. It's only around a 4 hour drive from here, and I coulda met the Mountain Monsters crew!

We have tickets for Saturday but all the speakers will be there both days. I love Mountain Monsters- it's like the WWE of the Crypto world! So funny and just fun in general! Hoping to get pics with the crew! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
(11-18-2021, 11:42 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: We have tickets for Saturday but all the speakers will be there both days. I love Mountain Monsters- it's like the WWE of the Crypto world! So funny and just fun in general! Hoping to get pics with the crew! 

I shoulda been on their crew - I've got the hair, the beard, the funny hat, the cammies, the accent, the whole nine yards. Even got roots in WV, lived there a while, too - that's where I saw the bigfoot. I've seen weird stuff, and have a skeptically open mind - it's open, but not so open my brain falls out. If you get to meet 'em, slip the Rogue Nation URL to 'em to see if they want to come look around a bit! They'll be glad they did!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Aw no way!!!

The Mountain Monsters crew will be there. I am totally envious. Ron Morehead and Cliff Barackman too. Sounds awesome. 

Matt Moneymaker is the only let-down. I think he is kind of a knob and always puts down Ranae. 

PLEASE take a picture with the MM guys and post it here. That would be amazing  tinybiggrin
It was cool until I had some allergic reaction to something and had to leave around lunch time. SOOOOOOOOOOOO many people in such a small place. I am sure the wife will  elaborate and fuss at me for not taking my allergy meds. 

It was all about selling t shirts and trinkets and books for alot of money. Pictures with anyone would put our bank account in the hole. 

But, our local bigfoot presenter was cool and learned alot. Wish we could of stayed longer.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
UPDATE!!!!

So here's what went down:

The hotel where they had the event was much too small of a venue for the turnout! Not only was the hotel convention center too small, but things were arranged where there were different rooms with some quite a distance away from the others. If we had not looked really hard  and went off of the beaten path we would not have even found half of it. Heck, we probably didn't find parts of it! This event was not well planned AT ALL and was seriously over crowded!

When we finally found the room where the Mountain Monsters guys were the line was wrapped all the way around the room and we had a seminar we wanted to attend and decided to come back later- which didn't happen. We did get to see them, and let me tell you Huckleberry looked like he was extremely ill or something- unnaturally pale and like warmed over death in a microwave sick. He needed to be home in bed.

The Finding Bigfoot people (well, Cliff and Ranae anyway) were in a different room. Cliff was having a blast interacting with fans and taking selfies with them, Ranae looked pissed off about being there and not getting attention.

There were tons of venders but half of them should have been at Comic Con or Alien Con rather than Cryptid Con. There was only one food vender but they ran out quick and didn't have drinks. Bought a Cryptid Con tee shirt and bought the grandgirl a comic that one of the authors personally autographed for her- he was really nice.

We went to the first two seminars- which was our main reason for going. The room was much, much too small. ALL the rooms were too small! First seminar went great, the speaker talked about more than one type of cryptid and even discussed pareidolia which I think is a good thing- not every sighting is a real sighting.  The second speaker was a Kentucky local and he was great. The problem was that by the time he started speaking people had started showing up in full force and every chair and even all standing room was packed to the gills!

Apparently Kdog forgot to take his allergy meds and with so many people sporting so many different chemical cocktails (perfume, body spray, hairspray, deoderants, etc.) packed into such tight quarters he started getting seriously choked up. By the time the speaker finished and we fought our way out of there he could barely get a breath and we headed straight for the exit. Before we made it halfway to the vehicle I thought he was about to pass out and was preparing to have to catch him at any moment. He had snot and slobber from choking and gagging running from everywhere. We decided to get some lunch and return later but once parked at a restaurant the allergy/sinus attack still hadn't let up so I decided to drive him home. He napped most of the drive (1 1/2 hours to home) and went to bed as soon as we hit the door. Thank goodness when he woke up several hours later he was much better. It could have been worse so I am very thankful it wasn't!

Summary: The only way I would attend another Cryptid Con is if they held it in a much larger venue and I personally shoved allergy pills down Kdog's throat before leaving the house!

Me and Dogman (or as some of us call it- the Rougarou)

[Image: 259334490-614366589978936-5136710453944368787-n.jpg]

The grandgirl's autographed comic

[Image: 256049647-433223788171906-3020461313796919378-n.jpg]

My souvenir tee shirt

[Image: 258423639-278329647641335-6367978068796720725-n.jpg]
(11-22-2021, 12:23 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: UPDATE!!!!

So here's what went down:

The hotel where they had the event was much too small of a venue for the turnout! Not only was the hotel convention center too small, but things were arranged where there were different rooms with some quite a distance away from the others. If we had not looked really hard  and went off of the beaten path we would not have even found half of it. Heck, we probably didn't find parts of it! This event was not well planned AT ALL and was seriously over crowded!

When we finally found the room where the Mountain Monsters guys were the line was wrapped all the way around the room and we had a seminar we wanted to attend and decided to come back later- which didn't happen. We did get to see them, and let me tell you Huckleberry looked like he was extremely ill or something- unnaturally pale and like warmed over death in a microwave sick. He needed to be home in bed.

The Finding Bigfoot people (well, Cliff and Ranae anyway) were in a different room. Cliff was having a blast interacting with fans and taking selfies with them, Ranae looked pissed off about being there and not getting attention.

There were tons of venders but half of them should have been at Comic Con or Alien Con rather than Cryptid Con. There was only one food vender but they ran out quick and didn't have drinks. Bought a Cryptid Con tee shirt and bought the grandgirl a comic that one of the authors personally autographed for her- he was really nice.

We went to the first two seminars- which was our main reason for going. The room was much, much too small. ALL the rooms were too small! First seminar went great, the speaker talked about more than one type of cryptid and even discussed pareidolia which I think is a good thing- not every sighting is a real sighting.  The second speaker was a Kentucky local and he was great. The problem was that by the time he started speaking people had started showing up in full force and every chair and even all standing room was packed to the gills!

Apparently Kdog forgot to take his allergy meds and with so many people sporting so many different chemical cocktails (perfume, body spray, hairspray, deoderants, etc.) packed into such tight quarters he started getting seriously choked up. By the time the speaker finished and we fought our way out of there he could barely get a breath and we headed straight for the exit. Before we made it halfway to the vehicle I thought he was about to pass out and was preparing to have to catch him at any moment. He had snot and slobber from choking and gagging running from everywhere. We decided to get some lunch and return later but once parked at a restaurant the allergy/sinus attack still hadn't let up so I decided to drive him home. He napped most of the drive (1 1/2 hours to home) and went to bed as soon as we hit the door. Thank goodness when he woke up several hours later he was much better. It could have been worse so I am very thankful it wasn't!

Summary: The only way I would attend another Cryptid Con is if they held it in a much larger venue and I personally shoved allergy pills down Kdog's throat before leaving the house!

Me and Dogman (or as some of us call it- the Rougarou)

[Image: 259334490-614366589978936-5136710453944368787-n.jpg]

The grandgirl's autographed comic

[Image: 256049647-433223788171906-3020461313796919378-n.jpg]

My souvenir tee shirt

[Image: 258423639-278329647641335-6367978068796720725-n.jpg]

Thanks for the update and the pictures!

Sorry Kdog got the allergy attack. Glad to hear he is better. With all those people it is no wonder it happened.

Sounds like they need better planning. Would have loved to talk to Ranae. I would have asked her how big of a know MM really was    tinylaughing