Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Good... Men?
The main thing is the seriousness of protecting one's nation.

Quote:Rachel Levine: Transgender official sworn in as four-star admiral

'The US assistant secretary for health has been sworn in as the first transgender four-star officer in the country's
history. Dr Rachel Levine, 63, is now an admiral of the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10219]
Dr Rachel Levine.

Dr Levine, appointed by President Joe Biden, is already the highest-ranking openly transgender official in the US.
She described the occasion as "momentous" and "historic" during a swearing-in speech on Tuesday.
"May this appointment today be the first of many more to come, as we create a diverse and more inclusive future,"
she said in a speech that paid tribute to other LGBTQ individuals who came before her.

Dr Levine is a graduate of Harvard College and Tulane University School of Medicine and previously worked as a
paediatrician. The US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps has about 6,000 uniformed officers and is tasked
with responding to health crises like the coronavirus pandemic and natural disasters.

Secretary of Health Xavier Becerra described Dr Levine's appointment to the job as a "giant step forward towards
equality as a nation". She also served as Pennsylvania's physician general and the state's secretary of health, working
on issues like responding to widespread opioid addiction.

Dr Levine was confirmed as US assistant secretary for health in a 52-48 Senate vote in March.
During the confirmation process, the nominee faced questions over her handling of the coronavirus pandemic in nursing
homes during her time as health secretary of Pennsylvania.

Critics blamed the deaths of many elderly people on a state policy that required nursing homes to accept Covid patients.
Shortly after implementing that measure, Dr Levine acknowledged having moved her own mother out of a care home as
virus cases rose...'
Archived BBC Article:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
About as funny as having some Dick in charge of the London police.

tinysure

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(10-20-2021, 01:21 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: About as funny as having some Dick in charge of the London police.

tinysure

Cheers

Yes, one gets the impression a global joke is taking place and everyday, we get a different punch-line!
tinylaughing
I didn't know there even WAS such a beast as the "US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps". What the hell do we even need anything like that for? And why the hell would it need "admirals"? Does it have boats, too?

S'ok, I reckon. The shiny crap officers wear on their uniforms make good aiming points when they come for you.

6000 of them, divided amongst 50 states gives us an average of 120 per state. I think I can take a mere 120 of them... that shiny shit makes it a lot easier!

I'll just keep a weather eye on the maritime approaches to my castle.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-20-2021, 08:03 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I didn't know there even WAS such a beast as the "US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps". What the hell do we even need anything like that for? And why the hell would it need "admirals"? Does it have boats, too?

Apparently...

Quote:23 Mar 2020
Military.com | By Jim Absher
You may have seen them standing beside President Donald Trump at recent news conferences:
people in uniforms that looked vaguely familiar, but not quite the same as military uniforms.
Who are they, and why are they in those strange uniforms?

First of all, they are the same uniforms worn by Navy officers, although with different insignia.
And those good folks are members of a division of the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) -- specifically the United States
Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (PHSCC) -- which, as the name states, is comprised of commissioned officers.

The USPHS itself is a division of the Department of Health and Human Services; the head of the service is Adm. Brett P. Giroir.
the assistant secretary for health, who holds a four-star rank. The PHSCC is a uniformed service of the U.S. government, just like
the military. In fact, its members are eligible for all the same benefits as active-duty military and veterans.
They are also subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

These officers are often the first to deploy to danger zones, serving in the front lines of public health by treating the very ill and
researching communicable diseases. They also have day jobs doing medical and scientific research, serving in hospitals and
health clinics, or conducting health and medical inspections on our borders.

In fact, the PHSCC officers are on-call to deploy within 12 hours as necessary, and besides augmenting the military health service
in places like Afghanistan, they serve alongside civilian medical personnel in disaster areas such as the World Trade Center on
Sept. 11, 2001; during hurricane flooding in the Southeast; and nearly 800 other times in the last 10 years.

The PHSCC traces its beginnings to 1798, when the U.S. Marine Hospital Service was formed to protect against the spread of
disease from sailors returning from foreign ports and to maintain the health of immigrants entering the country. The mission has
changed throughout the years but remains focused on maintaining the nation's public health.

There are currently more than 6,500 members of the PHSCC, serving in 11 professional categories:

Dentist
Dietitian
Engineer
Environmental health officer
Health service officer
Nurse
Medical officer
Pharmacist
Scientist
Therapist (including physical, occupational, speech, respiratory)
Veterinarian

U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams holds the equivalent military rank of vice admiral (O-9) and is normally the public face of the service,
speaking to the media and overseeing the service's daily operations. Officers in the PHSCC work in a variety of federal agencies throughout
the Department of Health and Human Services, including the Indian Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National
Institutes of Health, as well as other federal agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Prisons, Defense Department, and Immigration and
Customs Enforcement.

Entry into the service normally requires a medical degree and medical license in a qualifying specialty.
Since the service is small, competition to gain entry is fierce; the process to become a commissioned officer may take up to a year.

Unlike their military counterparts, PHSCC officers have no requirement to move every few years.
However, like in the military, many promotions are dependent on a member's willingness or ability to relocate.
PHSCC members are eligible for the same benefits as their military cohorts, including Tricare, retired pay, VA home loans, the GI Bill,
VA disability compensation, special pay and allowances...'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10223]
Miltary.com:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-20-2021, 03:00 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 01:21 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: About as funny as having some Dick in charge of the London police.

tinysure

Cheers

Yes, one gets the impression a global joke is taking place and everyday, we get a different punch-line!
tinylaughing

Halloween?   Great costume.

Kind regards,

Bally :)
I dont understand anymore..... tinybighuh

What is going on  minusculethinking smalltappinghead mediumfacepalm
(10-20-2021, 08:03 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I didn't know there even WAS such a beast as the "US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps". What the hell do we even need anything like that for? And why the hell would it need "admirals"? Does it have boats, too?

S'ok, I reckon. The shiny crap officers wear on their uniforms make good aiming points when they come for you.

6000 of them, divided amongst 50 states gives us an average of 120 per state. I think I can take a mere 120 of them... that shiny shit makes it a lot easier!

One of the seven uniformed services IIRC.  Maybe 8 now with Space Force.

Cheers

(10-21-2021, 07:59 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

One of the seven uniformed services IIRC.  Maybe 8 now with Space Force.

Cheers

They keep going like that, we will ALL eventually be in a uniform!

That sucks - I wore uniforms quite long enough already, thanks...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

My concern is how well she can do her job. If Pennsylvania is any clue, it bothers me. She sounds like someone who is in-on whatever is going on. 

OK. She now has a uniform. I don't recall running into her going door-to-door in Iraq. Maybe I just missed her.
If I am not mistaken that is the idiot under Cuomo who sent C-19 patients into the nursing homes...smart move if you want to get rid of the burden of old people on the state.
(10-21-2021, 11:52 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: My concern is how well she can do her job. If Pennsylvania is any clue, it bothers me. She sounds like someone who is in-on whatever is going on. 

OK. She now has a uniform. I don't recall running into her going door-to-door in Iraq. Maybe I just missed her.

Because -she- was a -he- back then.  Named Dick.  One can't make this stuff up.

Cheers

(10-22-2021, 07:34 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 11:52 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: My concern is how well she can do her job. If Pennsylvania is any clue, it bothers me. She sounds like someone who is in-on whatever is going on. 

Because -she- was a -he- back then.  Named Dick.  One can't make this stuff up.

Cheers

[Image: 5a6b99e9838b00fbe109b9091f99bd1418d0f423...63d7_1.jpg]
(10-22-2021, 12:16 AM)727Sky Wrote: If I am not mistaken that is the idiot under Cuomo who sent C-19 patients into the nursing homes...smart move if you want to get rid of the burden of old people on the state.

Yup, he ordered PA nursing homes to accept C-19 patients, immediately after removing his own parents from a nursing home for safekeeping.

And yeah, I said "he" and "his" - It's my understanding that he never had the surgery to become a she, and so is still packing a pistol under those petticoats. That makes him a "he in a dress", which has been an amusing thing since the days of Milton Berle.