Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Happened in 1971?
Seems like we are in downward spiral , and 1971 seems as the years it got moving more down ?

1971 ?

WTF happened in 1971 ?

Is this one reason of this Worldwide CovAids-1984 genocide project, the desire to kill billions people, because the fiat money ponzi scheme is going to collapse ?
Ooooh, not bad! I got it down to about '73, but the site you provided indicates a more precise date.
Cheers Kenzo, I'll look further into this.

It's important.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(10-07-2021, 09:24 AM)BIAD Wrote: Ooooh, not bad! I got it down to about '73, but the site you provided indicates a more precise date.

It's important.
minusculethumbsup

It`s good if you look more in this,  i been allways bad with economics etc...

I was born -72...i can now say that i have nothing to do as to why the ship is sinking tinywondering  ....this started before i was even born  tinybighuh   im just citizen who got pulled to this mess tinytongue

I hope this wont turn to Zimbabwe style hyperinflation  minusculebonker
(10-07-2021, 09:24 AM)BIAD Wrote: Ooooh, not bad! I got it down to about '73, but the site you provided indicates a more precise date.

It's important.
minusculethumbsup

My guess is the impetus that got the ball rolling were the events of 1968.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that the current U.S. administration is fixated on goes back to the wayward idealism of the sixties.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(10-07-2021, 07:28 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Seems like we are in downward spiral , and 1971 seems as the years it got moving more down ?

1971 ?

WTF happened in 1971 ?

Is this one reason of this Worldwide CovAids-1984 genocide project, the desire to kill billions people, because the fiat money ponzi scheme is going to collapse ?

i remember back in the late 60's early 70's me and my middle brother got 50 cents a week allowance. we would go shopping on friday night usually as a family, sometimes on saturday nights if something kept my dad busy at the farm.

they would go into the grocery store, we'd go to the Ben Franklins Five and Dime. we'd come out with all kinds of candy, small toys, and comic books. if you wanted some of the bigger more elaborate toys you'd have to save your pennies,nickels and dimes, and actually paid for your stuff in change.

i guess it was in the mid 70's say 74 that's when we moved the farm from one county to another, that 50 cents didn't buy what it use to so we started getting a dollar and once it was broken it was gone, then it went to five same thing, then 10 same thing, then 20 same thing, Now  a 100 dollar bill is is just like a dollar bill use to be. once you break it it's gone.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(10-07-2021, 03:03 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

It's important.
minusculethumbsup

My guess is the impetus that got the ball rolling were the events of 1968.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that the current U.S. administration is fixated on goes back to the wayward idealism of the sixties.

Cheers

I guess many young persons in 60s were later life in high positions in politics...so wondering did the agenda/ brain washing /ideological subversion allready work back then ?
(10-07-2021, 03:14 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 07:28 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Seems like we are in downward spiral , and 1971 seems as the years it got moving more down ?

1971 ?

WTF happened in 1971 ?

i remember back in the late 60's early 70's me and my middle brother got 50 cents a week allowance. we would go shopping on friday night usually as a family, sometimes on saturday nights if something kept my dad busy at the farm.

they would go into the grocery store, we'd go to the Ben Franklins Five and Dime. we'd come out with all kinds of candy, small toys, and comic books. if you wanted some of the bigger more elaborate toys you'd have to save your pennies,nickels and dimes, and actually paid for your stuff in change.

i guess it was in the mid 70's say 74 that's when we moved the farm from one county to another, that 50 cents didn't buy what it use to so we started getting a dollar and once it was broken it was gone, then it went to five same thing, then 10 same thing, then 20 same thing, Now  a 100 dollar bill is is just like a dollar bill use to be. once you break it it's gone.

It`s crazy how much value of money has changed . tinysurprised  I miss the time before the EURO .....we had mark , own money before euro . Now someday  when the EU might collapse, the EURO will too .
Good stuff. Thanks for posting. 

Like the author, I find that level of economics confusing. I would like to see a graph (if it is even possible) of world economic metrics through history with the ebb and flow of central bank influence/authority.
@"hounddoghowlie" 

Quote:we'd go to the Ben Franklins Five and Dime

Wow, that brought back some memories.

So a lot of those stores took a hit once the malls set up, and now malls are closing in places because of internet shopping.  Amazon wins, I suppose.  But what an economic wasteland created in its wake.

Saw my first mall in 1976 (we had been overseas in the mid-70s).  While it was convenient in some ways, no one was thinking about what would happen to the smaller shopping centers.  I guess those shopping centers had contributed to death of Main Street stores like BenF's Five and Dime.

Cheers

@"Kenzo" 

Quote:so wondering did the agenda/ brain washing /ideological subversion allready work back then ?

I am confident there was already Marxist influence in American academia back then.  But there is more to it.  I think a lot of the people born in the USA between 1945 and 1949 have a huge sense of entitlement, and they are willing to see everything screwed up just so they can cling to that sense of entitlement.  Look up a lot of the elderly American politicians, and they were born in those years.

Maybe it was a psychological effect of being the newborns just after an era in which so many died in World War II.  I always heard that generation was raised strictly, but they were already a destabilizing pack of egotists by 1968.  Not really sure.

Cheers

When Nixon took us off the gold standard things gradually started to change. Could be happenstance or a cause... I dunno but like others have said, "money ain't what it used to be"...
(10-08-2021, 10:54 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Kenzo" 

Quote:so wondering did the agenda/ brain washing /ideological subversion allready work back then ?

I am confident there was already Marxist influence in American academia back then.  But there is more to it.  I think a lot of the people born in the USA between 1945 and 1949 have a huge sense of entitlement, and they are willing to see everything screwed up just so they can cling to that sense of entitlement.  Look up a lot of the elderly American politicians, and they were born in those years.

Maybe it was a psychological effect of being the newborns just after an era in which so many died in World War II.  I always heard that generation was raised strictly, but they were already a destabilizing pack of egotists by 1968.  Not really sure.

Cheers

Yeeh could be as you say it , it`s bit difficult to get whole picture as i am younger generation myself, but yes a lot influential people who have managed to destroy a lot , in many countrys were from that generation.....i see that Nancy pelosi was born 1940, she is also a problem .
(10-08-2021, 02:46 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Good stuff. Thanks for posting. 

Like the author, I find that level of economics confusing. I would like to see a graph (if it is even possible) of world economic metrics through history with the ebb and flow of central bank influence/authority.

Yeeh charts/ graph would help to understand this better . And where`s all the gold ?

There was some conspiracy theory that World trade towers had huge gold vault , and that just before 9/11 they stealed the gold .....but it`s propably just a theory tinysure
(10-10-2021, 02:17 PM)Kenzo Wrote:

Yeeh charts/ graph would help to understand this better . And where`s all the gold ?

There was some conspiracy theory that World trade towers had huge gold vault , and that just before 9/11 they stealed the gold .....but it`s propably just a theory tinysure

I've also heard that Fort Knox - which was set up as a repository for US gold reserves - is actually empty, although still guarded as if it were full. Really, I don't think unpegging the dollar from gold backing would affect the economy very much, except that then gold prices could be manipulated more easily, which would affect the value of printed money because more dollars-yen-shekels-euros-what have you would be needed to buy an equivalent amount of gold. THAT would tend to devalue all currencies across the board even though they were no longer pegged to gold as backing.

Come to think of it, that unpegging is what would MAKE gold prices more easily manipulated, as governments would no longer set that value, markets would... and markets are run by speculators adept at monetary manipulation... so, yeah, bad idea economically I reckon.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Here is a chart showing the buying power of a dollar from 1799 to now:

[Image: dotdash_Final_What_Impact_Does_Inflation...da2b10.jpg]

It is relatively flat until about 1914, then it begins to rise a bit, but around 1971, it takes off like a gasoline fire.

I got that image from this article

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 02:17 PM)Kenzo Wrote:

I've also heard that Fort Knox - which was set up as a repository for US gold reserves - is actually empty, although still guarded as if it were full. Really, I don't think unpegging the dollar from gold backing would affect the economy very much, except that then gold prices could be manipulated more easily, which would affect the value of printed money because more dollars-yen-shekels-euros-what have you would be needed to buy an equivalent amount of gold. THAT would tend to devalue all currencies across the board even though they were no longer pegged to gold as backing.

Come to think of it, that unpegging is what would MAKE gold prices more easily manipulated, as governments would no longer set that value, markets would... and markets are run by speculators adept at monetary manipulation... so, yeah, bad idea economically I reckon.

So it`s too late to fix it , no return back anymore....the damage is allready done ?  I am confuced about this all , because i never much understand much , i think usury is wrong also.

Yeeh i also heard that about Fort Knox ....i think everyone expect the 1% will be screwed minusculebonker

They do seem to create money from thin air tinywhat
(10-10-2021, 08:01 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

Here is a chart showing the buying power of a dollar from 1799 to now:

[Image: dotdash_Final_What_Impact_Does_Inflation...da2b10.jpg]

It is relatively flat until about 1914, then it begins to rise a bit, but around 1971, it takes off like a gasoline fire.

I got that image from this article

Wow tinybigeyes  it goes up like rocket.

Btw, one interesting US economy detail i learned yesterday....Russia is now No. 2 Rank Among Foreign Oil Suppliers to U.S

Russia Will Rescue Europe From Its Energy Crisis
(10-11-2021, 02:46 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Wow tinybigeyes  it goes up like rocket...

And don't forget, in 1971, President Richard Nixon separated the dollar's economic value from gold too.
Odd really considering in the United States at the time, it was illegal for US citizens to hold gold between until 1974 due
'problems' during the Great Depression.

Up to 1944 -when The Bretton Woods Agreement was accepted as international monetary system, the US controlled
two thirds of the world’s gold.

By the way, in the 1971 -four months before President Nixon's reversal of the Bretton Woods agreement, the United
Kingdom also lifted all restrictions on gold ownership.

This must've had an effect.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(10-11-2021, 02:39 PM)Kenzo Wrote: So it`s too late to fix it , no return back anymore....the damage is allready done ?  I am confuced about this all , because i never much understand much , i think usury is wrong also.

Yeeh i also heard that about Fort Knox ....i think everyone expect the 1% will be screwed minusculebonker

They do seem to create money from thin air tinywhat

No, it's not too late, but would require a "reset", and not the kind that the Globalists are pushing.

See, all this money that the US government is spending is just being printed up, with no backing to create value. The more of a thing you have in circulation, the less it is worth per unit. If you double the number of dollars in circulation, you halve the value of it per dollar, because nothing is being created to increase the overall value of all the dollars in circulation. So you have the same amount of value spread over twice as many dollars, cutting the value of each dollar down.

So while value does not increase, price does increase - you have more dollars chasing the same amount of value, so it takes more dollars to get there.

Or more yen, or yuan, or shekel, or dinar or what have you.

Then you have to increase wages to meet the demand, but the wage increases never quite make it up to the value level desired.

What has to be done is to find a valuable commodity whose price AND value can be controlled, and then peg the value of the money created to that commodity. It used to be gold. At this point, that would necessitate a massive program of price and value controls to make the dollar-yen-yuan-shekel-dinar-rupee etc stick to the peg you peg it to.

And that will likely involve riots before the dust clears.

(10-11-2021, 05:01 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 02:46 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Wow tinybigeyes  it goes up like rocket...

And don't forget, in 1971, President Richard Nixon separated the dollar's economic value from gold too.
Odd really considering in the United States at the time, it was illegal for US citizens to hold gold between until 1974 due
'problems' during the Great Depression.

Up to 1944 -when The Bretton Woods Agreement was accepted as international monetary system, the US controlled
two thirds of the world’s gold.

By the way, in the 1971 -four months before President Nixon's reversal of the Bretton Woods agreement, the United
Kingdom also lifted all restrictions on gold ownership.

This must've had an effect.

They made private ownership of gold illegal here so that the government could hoard all the gold, so that they had something to anchor the value of the dollar to. When they untethered the value of a dollar from the value of gold, there was no longer a reason for the government to hoard gold, so they made private ownership legal again, because then the population felt they were again able to hold something of "value".

Little did the population realize how badly the value of that gold they held was going to be manipulated, or how badly the value of the dollars they held and could get much more easily was going to be decimated due to that manipulation...

... so the rich got richer, and the poor got poorer, but only the rich knew it was coming.