Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parallel Society Coming ?
Are we going to watch next Months how everything start collapse first , and then get shaped again, after people realize the need to greate new society ,parallel society to survive from this mess ?

Once the systems / companys run out of talented folks , they can suffer . If in same timeline people opt to jump for the other parallel society, to companys who show they care about the health of employees, they have advantage then.

What Does A Parallel Society Look Like?

Quote:The existing system will begin to collapse under a sea of “vaccinated” talent shortages, incompetence, and woke political nonsense.

Quote:The society of obedient regime sheep will chug along for a while, but inevitably it will succumb under the weight of market forces from a growing new parallel society.

Companies without mandates will perform better and get all of the best talent. Doctors will start private practices. Families will begin to homeschool their children. Blue states and major cities will see a mass exodus unlike anything in American history.

I dont know how it will go, but the above is possible i think .
(09-14-2021, 05:54 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Are we going to watch next Months how everything start collapse first , and then get shaped again, after people realize the need to greate new society ,parallel society to survive from this mess ?

Once the systems / companys run out of talented folks , they can suffer . If in same timeline people opt to jump for the other parallel society, to companys who show they care about the health of employees, they have advantage then.

What Does A Parallel Society Look Like?

Quote:The existing system will begin to collapse under a sea of “vaccinated” talent shortages, incompetence, and woke political nonsense.

Quote:The society of obedient regime sheep will chug along for a while, but inevitably it will succumb under the weight of market forces from a growing new parallel society.

Companies without mandates will perform better and get all of the best talent. Doctors will start private practices. Families will begin to homeschool their children. Blue states and major cities will see a mass exodus unlike anything in American history.

I dont know how it will go, but the above is possible i think .

That is interesting.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I've been screaming and waving my arms to create a parallel society for some time now. Andrew Torba is making progress on getting it done. It's the only way a free society will continue to exist.

The biggest problem, I think, will be in the financial segment of that new society. Bad actors are pretty well entrenched in the financial system, and will fight tooth and nail to prevent folks from leaving it.  When they lose people, they lose money, and when they lose money, they lose power... and folks in power never willingly give it up. Most people have been bred into the notion that chasing the almighty dollar is the dream of freedom. I think it's the nightmare of slavery, and people don't seem to realize it. They should - it's been recognized for millennia now - "the love of money is the root of all evil" has been around a long, long time. Bad actors WILL use that against people in order to keep them enslaved, and as I mentioned before they pretty much control all aspects of the financial system, so they are well placed to thwart a parallel society.

The only parallel financial system entirely independent of the current entrenched one that I can think of is barter. That's where the current slave system started, and it's likely where any new parallel financial structure will have to start, too. Established currencies are all controlled by bankers and their ilk, so it's unlikely that any headway can be made in creating a new financial system using THEIR currencies, that THEY control. So, since fiat payment will be untenable, barter is the only alternative I can think of to base any new, independent currencies on.

We can create parallel structures in every other arena of human endeavor. It's the money they can use to control us with, so we will have to find a way out of that.

Some folks scream "cryptocurrency!", but when the big dogs flip the switch and turn off the electricity to the computers holding that crypto, it vanishes, POOF! and is gone. That's why I never got into the cryptocurrency racket. It's just another racket, just another handle they can control folks with, while at the same time making some believe it's a route to freedom.

Paradoxically, they use folks' desire for freedom to enslave them, via financial transactions. We have to break that mindset, leave it, and refuse to let OTHER folks define what is freedom for US.

ETA: For the first 150 or 200 years of life out here in the boonies of Appalachia, hard money was in short supply and barter was a necessity, a way of life. That's where calling a dollar a "buck" came from - using buckskins as a medium of exchange, a means of facilitating trade.  Produce and products of the frontier made it back into civilization, but money didn't much make it back out here into the hinterlands. Some did, but very, very little. Instead, the money generated by those products was used to buy other useful and usable products which made their way out here to be used for barter. So it IS doable, we just have to generate the will to do it.

The only things you ever really own are the tangible things you can hold in your hand - except money. None of us really owns the money in our wallets or bank accounts. The governments and bankers always, ALWAYS actually own and control that. They can manipulate it's "value" at will, and always have done so. When they can do that, YOU don't really own it - THEY are just allowing you to borrow it for a minute, and can take it back any old time they like by devaluing it. Then it's not worth the paper it's printed on, or the electrons it's made out of.

I have a Zimbabwean 50 cent piece, one of the first ever minted, dated 1980. It is worth 1/ 50 BILLIONTH of it's face value, due to rampant hyper inflation. The metals it is made from are worth far, far more than the face value of the coin. I keep it to remind me of who REALLY controls the money supply in the current world. They do that by manipulating values. Even the value of gold gets manipulated, so even the much vaunted gold coins are, in reality, no hedge against the cold.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-14-2021, 06:37 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I've been screaming and waving my arms to create a parallel society for some time now. Andrew Torba is making progress on getting it done. It's the only way a free society will continue to exist.

The biggest problem, I think, will be in the financial segment of that new society. Bad actors are pretty well entrenched in the financial system, and will fight tooth and nail to prevent folks from leaving it.  When they lose people, they lose money, and when they lose money, they lose power... and folks in power never willingly give it up. Most people have been bred into the notion that chasing the almighty dollar is the dream of freedom. I think it's the nightmare of slavery, and people don't seem to realize it. They should - it's been recognized for millennia now - "the love of money is the root of all evil" has been around a long, long time. Bad actors WILL use that against people in order to keep them enslaved, and as I mentioned before they pretty much control all aspects of the financial system, so they are well placed to thwart a parallel society.

The only parallel financial system entirely independent of the current entrenched one that I can think of is barter. That's where the current slave system started, and it's likely where any new parallel financial structure will have to start, too. Established currencies are all controlled by bankers and their ilk, so it's unlikely that any headway can be made in creating a new financial system using THEIR currencies, that THEY control. So, since fiat payment will be untenable, barter is the only alternative I can think of to base any new, independent currencies on.

We can create parallel structures in every other arena of human endeavor. It's the money they can use to control us with, so we will have to find a way out of that.

Some folks scream "cryptocurrency!", but when the big dogs flip the switch and turn off the electricity to the computers holding that crypto, it vanishes, POOF! and is gone. that's why I never got into the cryptocurrency racket. it's just another racket, just another handle they can control folks with, while at the same time making some believe it's a route to freedom.

Paradoxically, they use folks' desire for freedom to enslave them, via financial transactions. We have to break that mindset, leave it, and refuse to let OTHER folks define what is freedom for US.

Thanks for great comments . It does seem like bad actors are just in the right position to thwart any parallel society . Money is the problem since they controll it totally . I never trusted cryptos either....What if big solar Coronal Mass Ejection would kill electrical components and electricity , cryptos not working ..

barter does sound like interesting idea .

I guess it will be bumpy ride in near future tinyshocked
The idea of a parallel society is interesting. I can that being a possibility in the near future.

People would have to learn to barter again because there could be no access to bank accounts or money. I think it’s happened to a few people already that their accounts have been closed for pretty much political reasons. 

I also think crypto is probably not feasible in such a situation because as you stated @"Kenzo" a CME could wipe all that out then you have nothing and as @"Ninurta" said they could shut off the electric. They pretty much  control the internet so if that sort of thing was up and thriving they could possibly just shut it off thereby cutting off access.

There are people who are seriously stacking gold and silver as those things are believed to be useful in such situations. If you had enough you may be able to be your own bank or at least not have to sell yourself for a bite of bread. 

This situation is why I’m trying to learn how to do my own stuff including  gardening, making wine and studying herbal remedies. 

I do wonder if they’d leave a parallel society alone though as they seem to want power over everything.
(09-14-2021, 08:34 PM)VioletDove Wrote: There are people who are seriously stacking gold and silver as those things are believed to be useful in such situations. If you had enough you may be able to be your own bank or at least not have to sell yourself for a bite of bread. 

Yup, there are people doing that, but I'm not one of them. Most of the "gold" and "silver" you can buy is not even real. You only buy an interest  in it. It's in an account somewhere, subject to manipulation - you don't actually get it in your hand, or even SEE it, and for all you know it's just a bunch of ones and zeros sitting on a computer somewhere across the internet, and therefore subject to the same manipulations and withholding as paper cash. Even the few places that will deliver you actual physical gold jingling in your hand are subject to manipulation, as speculators manipulate the commodities prices of gold.

Furthermore, neither gold nor silver have any value to me, and the value of a thing, anything at all, is only the value people assign to it. I can't eat gold, I can't hammer a nail with it, it won't keep me warm on a cold winter night, and I cannot kill a deer with it... so it has no value to me at all. Anyone thinking they can barter me out of my tangibles with something as intangible as gold is in for a rude awakening in the event of a collapse or sea change. I'm not giving up stuff I value for something I don't value.

Additionally, physical gold is a security risk. If other folks, folks who for some odd reason value shiny baubles like a crow does, get wind that you have a hoard of gold, life can suddenly get very interesting, and probably very short.

Quote:This situation is why I’m trying to learn how to do my own stuff including  gardening, making wine and studying herbal remedies. 

I do wonder if they’d leave a parallel society alone though as they seem to want power over everything.

My Dear Old Dad tried to prep me for such a situation when I was just a wee slip of a lad, all the way up until I left home. He was convinced it was coming, but his timetable appears to have been a bit off. He taught me how to garden with a horse instead of a tractor, how to haul timber out of the woods with a horse. how to garden, how to hunt, how to blacksmith, how to doctor myself, what wild things I could eat and which ones would kill me - just a whole bunch of seemingly useless things that he figured was going to become useful again. He stressed that I needed to learn how to do everything I could for myself, as he allowed that the day was coming back around again that I either wouldn't be able to find anyone to do it for me, or else there wouldn't be any money available to buy their services with if I could find them. Part of that, I suspect, is down to his having been born at the outset of the Great Depression, in a backwoods place where there never had been much money to begin with even before the financial collapse that ensued. He was a survivor, and tried to make one out of me as well.

Pap would even count my shells when I went hunting, and when I came back there had better be a piece of game for every missing shell - shells were expensive and hard to come by when he was growing up, just as they are getting to be again. that's why I've taken to rolling my own black powder cartridges out of home made powder and bullets, and making my own caps/primers.

As an aside, I'm diligently looking for some peppermint to make menthol from since the US government has banned menthol cigarettes and vape juice here. There's gonna be a black market there, and I intend to get in on the ground floor of it. I vape menthol, so if nothing else, I'll be able to use it myself even if I can't trade it for pork bellies. Same for the tobacco I'm intending to grow - I can get the nicotine out of it for vape juice, or trade it for something else I might need.

No, they will not leave a parallel society alone. They can't because, as I mentioned above, it saps their power away from them and gives it back to the People who rightfully own it. They will not allow that if they can stop it. That's why it has to be hardened, and made as establishment-proof as is humanly possible.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta" Good point on the gold and silver and something I will be taking into consideration as I continue to try and prepare myself for what’s ahead. I like learning from you.

My parents taught me a lot growing up as well. As my dad also had an earlier timetable. I tried to pay attention to most of it. Sadly while they showed me how to do many of those things I was unfortunately somewhat spoiled and didn’t do much of them myself as I thought they’d both be here if it happened. I do still have my mom though and now treat her information as gold. Probably the best “stacking” is to stack knowledge.
This might happen soon in many places

San Diego Could Lose Half Their Police Force From Vaccine Mandate, 45 Percent Are a Hard NO and Willing to Be Fired
(09-15-2021, 06:54 AM)Kenzo Wrote: This might happen soon in many places

San Diego Could Lose Half Their Police Force From Vaccine Mandate, 45 Percent Are a Hard NO and Willing to Be Fired

Good on 'em. Not many people will stand their ground like cops will. If you think about it, the good guy with the gun is exactly the person you WANT to stand his ground.

So good on 'em. What worries me is the other half that aren't on board with preserving freedom.

This thread is making me think. Thanks!

How often do things ever really work out the way you intend? Take the C19 situation as you mentioned. Who's to say the efforts being pushed will yield the desired effect? It's a gamble. More than likely unintended consequences will rule at days end. Second and third order effects are notoriously difficult to predict. 

It is incredibly arrogant to believe the world and it's infinite number of variables can be successfully "fine tuned" to your liking. That makes it all the more believable because there are some arrogant POS's out there. But statistically, they will most likely fail. 

I think they need to be careful though. Their sense of security is based on the paradigm of the world as it is today. Once you lite the fuse and the paradigm evolves tomorrow, will your security still have a foundation in reality? Will your expensive bunker in the middle of nowhere really save you once the starving hordes figure out where it is?

I really appreciate you guys. Before this clicked in my head, I was really depressed over the state of affairs. Now? Not so much. More curious than anxious.

We do not have the beds !! Means half our nurses have quit instead of getting the shot. Same for many other businesses unable to start a project as workers are not taking the shot for a job.

All we can do is connect the dots from what we see, read, and hear as very few crystal balls really can tell the future..... All I know is I wish this crap would have waited a few more years or until I was dead and gone to get started.

My station in life is just about as good as I could ever want... I sure hate to think that powers beyond my control can mess it up.
Ninurta, yer sayin' my ole hide is only worth a dollar?

If anything is parallel my brother, it is our thoughts.

I've been growing tobacco for years now, Virginia variety, can't get Burley to do well around here. Did very well this year for seed stock, excellent in fact.

When I expanded my garden last season, I found some wild mint plants growing in the back corner and found out they are called "horse mint" or "field mint" and they have a high menthol content, second highest I believe. I bought a pint of cheap vodka to extract the essential oils, it works. I plan on using my still to concentrate oils like that some more. Got lots of winter green to play with too.

Seems like I should try developing my tobacco processing to include making chew and menthol pipe tobacco this harvest.
(09-14-2021, 11:19 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Even the few places that will deliver you actual physical gold jingling in your hand are subject to manipulation, as speculators manipulate the commodities prices of gold.

Furthermore, neither gold nor silver have any value to me, and the value of a thing, anything at all, is only the value people assign to it. I can't eat gold, I can't hammer a nail with it, it won't keep me warm on a cold winter night, and I cannot kill a deer with it... so it has no value to me at all. Anyone thinking they can barter me out of my tangibles with something as intangible as gold is in for a rude awakening in the event of a collapse or sea change. I'm not giving up stuff I value for something I don't value.

Additionally, physical gold is a security risk. If other folks, folks who for some odd reason value shiny baubles like a crow does, get wind that you have a hoard of gold, life can suddenly get very interesting, and probably very short.
I think physical gold (silver, better yet) could remain an acceptable medium of exchange.  I would never invest in the paper version of gold anymore than I'd dump a bunch of money into a crypto (that may or may not spend).
The only thing I have of value barter-wise is ammunition.  Not sure who I would want to trade that stuff to.  minusculenonono
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(09-15-2021, 03:37 PM)Snarl Wrote: I think physical gold (silver, better yet) could remain an acceptable medium of exchange.  I would never invest in the paper version of gold anymore than I'd dump a bunch of money into a crypto (that may or may not spend).
The only thing I have of value barter-wise is ammunition.  Not sure who I would want to trade that stuff to.  minusculenonono

the only thing about gold and silver being used is that without a entity setting the value of what a ounce will go for at any given time. those that have goods can say that a ounce is only worth what they say, or if they try and stay within the current values that are now in the what the opposite society's , they will demand so much that unless one has tons and tons of it and another way to get more you'll go broke again.

and if a parallel society were to try and set up some sort of regulating entity while the current opposite society's is still in power. the current opposite society's would probably come down on them like a hammer

also welcome back buddy.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(09-15-2021, 01:13 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: This thread is making me think. Thanks!

How often do things ever really work out the way you intend? Take the C19 situation as you mentioned. Who's to say the efforts being pushed will yield the desired effect? It's a gamble. More than likely unintended consequences will rule at days end. Second and third order effects are notoriously difficult to predict. 

It is incredibly arrogant to believe the world and it's infinite number of variables can be successfully "fine tuned" to your liking. That makes it all the more believable because there are some arrogant POS's out there. But statistically, they will most likely fail. 

I think they need to be careful though. Their sense of security is based on the paradigm of the world as it is today. Once you lite the fuse and the paradigm evolves tomorrow, will your security still have a foundation in reality? Will your expensive bunker in the middle of nowhere really save you once the starving hordes figure out where it is?

I really appreciate you guys. Before this clicked in my head, I was really depressed over the state of affairs. Now? Not so much. More curious than anxious.

It`s all new to me also,  i dont know much yet.  Maybe we need to start local level , building local things that effect local people . Natioanl level seems to be full corrupt game in about every country, where bad actors run the show .

Building A Parallel Society
(09-15-2021, 01:37 PM)727Sky Wrote:

We do not have the beds !! Means half our nurses have quit instead of getting the shot. Same for many other businesses unable to start a project as workers are not taking the shot for a job.

All we can do is connect the dots from what we see, read, and hear as very few crystal balls really can tell the future..... All I know is I wish this crap would have waited a few more years or until I was dead and gone to get started.

My station in life is just about as good as I could ever want... I sure hate to think that powers beyond my control can mess it up.

S#hit  happens tinywhat ....specially when the World is run by psychopaths who stay in the shadows .

Yeeh not enough staf in hospitals , nurses dont like getting the killer shot
(09-15-2021, 01:37 PM)727Sky Wrote:

It's what I've been saying - while the talking heads on the news and Facebook have been blaming it on "stimulus unemployment payments", I've been saying it's not that, it's the masks and the jab requirements. Stimulus unemployment payments ended 4 September. Where are the hordes of people stampeding job offers? Biden can make extravagant claims of "job creation" all day long, but if no one is willing to take those jobs because of a jab requirement or a mask requirement, what's the point of creating them? Personally, I don't think he is "creating jobs" so much as a surplus is opening because no one wants them because of the baggage they carry with them.

Now folks are leaving even more already existing jobs over it, nurses and cops in particular. Is that how Biden is "creating jobs"? Opening already existent jobs via attrition due to his asinine mandates? That's the wrong way to do it!

Quote:All we can do is connect the dots from what we see, read, and hear as very few crystal balls really can tell the future..... All I know is I wish this crap would have waited a few more years or until I was dead and gone to get started.

I'm pretty set too. I've got everything I ever wanted, nothing left to chase after, and I'm just riding the curl out to the end. I had the advantage, though, over most folks in that I never wanted piles of money and "stuff" - I've always just wanted peace of mind and enough to get by on. The bankers never got me convinced that debt slavery was the way to go so that I could have yachts and a gob of other useless things, so I stopped dealing with banks and credit agencies years and years ago - I figured THAT was how they kept you running on the hamster wheel - convince you that you needed more "stuff", and that the way to get it was to dive into debt to pay for it, and then work until you dropped to pay them back, along with their exorbitant interest rates. So I gave that life up, because I never wanted it to begin with.

It's just a matter of mindset - mind over matter I suppose... but a lot of folks will have a tough time giving up the rat-race mindset, and they will doubtlessly be debt-trapped by that.

So I have a home, a 10 year old car that still runs like gangbusters (so why throw it away and get another one?), a patch of woods, and all the ammo I need to feed and defend myself on my own patch, and I don't want anyone else's patch. I'm set, and it was all paid for in cash, not credit. If I couldn't afford cash for a thing, I just didn't need it bad enough.

(09-15-2021, 02:23 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Ninurta, yer sayin' my ole hide is only worth a dollar?

Well, mitigating factors to consider are that back then, a buck stretched a lot farther than it does now due to currency manipulation and inflation, and as I said, the value of things is the value people place on them - nothing has an intrinsic value all by itself, not even gold and silver. They have only the value assigned to them. I value your hide pretty highly.

As an aside,  back in the 1830's, a distant cousin of mine sold his wife for "an averageable deer hide", but the guy didn't pay him after he took possession of the goods, so he took it to court and sued the fella for his deer hide - didn't want the wife back, he wanted his deer hide. They were a pretty rough bunch, I reckon, and value is in the eye of the beholder. That cousin's name was Daniel McCune, he lived on the West Fork in WV - an area known to be pretty rough by the locals, even to this day - and the story can be found on the internet. Gotta wonder just how bad a wife the gal was if Daniel was willing to sell her off, and the purchaser then refused to pay after he picked her up...

Quote:If anything is parallel my brother, it is our thoughts.

I've been growing tobacco for years now, Virginia variety, can't get Burley to do well around here. Did very well this year for seed stock, excellent in fact.

When I expanded my garden last season, I found some wild mint plants growing in the back corner and found out they are called "horse mint" or "field mint" and they have a high menthol content, second highest I believe. I bought a pint of cheap vodka to extract the essential oils, it works. I plan on using my still to concentrate oils like that  some more. Got lots of winter green to play with too.

Seems like I should try developing my tobacco processing to include making chew and menthol pipe tobacco this harvest.

All the tobacco seed I have at the moment is for "nicotiana rustica", rather than smoking tobacco. It's Indian tobacco, native tobacco, called "sacred tobacco" by some. I've got two varieties, one from the Great Lakes region called "Midewiwin", and another that was sold as "thousand year old tobacco", but which in reality answers the description of Cherokee tobacco, which is what it probably really is.  I got it for the nicotine content, which is 3 to 9 times higher than regular smoking tobacco. I planted some in a test pot when I got it to see how viable the seed was, and ALL of them sprouted - but they damped-off and died, all but one tiny seedling that is still hanging on, all stem and no leaf due to the damping. I have to find a way to control that before spring comes and planting starts in earnest.

I have the "secret" recipe for Copenhagen snuff around here somewhere, but I can't even imagine the stomach spasms this rustica would produce if I tried to make snuff out of it. It would probably be downright hallucinogenic.

A month ago or so I went to my old stomping grounds to gather botanicals for growing here, from the wild where they were. It's all grown up into brush and jungle now. The peppermint was nowhere to be found, and just one stand of catnip there which was in bloom and had not yet gone to seed. There was also one single lonely goosefoot plant there. Now aeons ago, before corn was a thing among the Indians, they grew goosefoot (chenopodium) as a grain and green. The seeds are the same as that expensive assed quinoa you can get at the grocery store, and that is how they ate it - as a grain, and as greens. Chenopodium seeds were found in an archaeological dig in Daugherty's Cave about 3 miles from that spot, and I have to wonder if that lonely little goosefoot isn't a direct descendant of what once grew in an Indian plot there.

Chenopodium also draws salt from the soil and stores it in the plant. Indians used to burn it and use the ash to salt their grub when they couldn't get salt in bulk.

I've got a couple seasoning herbs growing, spearmint and basil and rosemary, but will have to get corn and bean seed before spring comes. I'm going back to the dirt so I can tell grocery stores and supply chains to kiss my ass. It's weird - I hated gardening when I was growing up, but I'm damned glad I learned it while I could now, so I could be ready for the times to come.

Dear Old Dad has been dead and gone for about 23 years now, but wherever he is, I thank him for running me through those wringers despite myself!

(09-15-2021, 03:37 PM)Snarl Wrote: I think physical gold (silver, better yet) could remain an acceptable medium of exchange.  I would never invest in the paper version of gold anymore than I'd dump a bunch of money into a crypto (that may or may not spend).

Ammunition will be a decent medium of exchange, because everyone will need it, and few will have it to trade. As you say though, you'd have to be careful who you trade it to - wouldn't want it coming back to you at 2800 feet per second!

That's mostly why I'm getting into tobacco - for a medium of exchange that is renewable. I can grow my own money thataway.

I live in VA, where tobacco WAS money for a couple centuries. There are records of people actually being paid in pounds of tobacco rather than hard money. One of my ancestors, a guy named Christopher Nutter, came to the colonies in the mid 1600's, and promptly stole a wife from among the Custis family's "indentured servants" and hit the woods with her. He got spanked for that by Colonial courts, but kept the wife all the same. He became the official interpreter for the MD colony to the Nanticoke Indians, and was paid for that service not with money, but with tobacco.

There used to be tobacco growing on every spare plot of land here, as a cash crop. The government did away with the tobacco allotments several years ago, and it went out of style. Now I see nothing but corn growing in what used to be tobacco fields when I was a kid, so I figure the demand will soon return since no one grows it here any more, but everyone wants it - they just don't realize yet how short the supply is going to get.

There is a company around 30 miles from here, some sort of consortium called "National Hemp" that I believe is going to try to introduce hemp as a cash crop for the local farmers, since it's getting to be more and more legal here. It seems that what they have in mind is to promote hemp production among the farmers, then buy up the entire crops and make hemp oil and similar products out of it at a local production facility.

if everyone is growing weed, no one is growing tobacco, and I'll be golden for trade.

That's the current plan, anyhow.

(09-15-2021, 06:08 PM)Kenzo Wrote: It`s all new to me also,  i dont know much yet.  Maybe we need to start local level , building local things that effect local people . Natioanl level seems to be full corrupt game in about every country, where bad actors run the show .

Building A Parallel Society

From the article, the bottom line:

Quote:I no longer (to the extent possible) dwell on my angry emotions to do with national/global tyranny. Instead, it’s all about LOCAL. My life. Our life here at home. That with our neighbors, friends. The mainstream can go ‘shove it’. Because when you shut it out, you discover that life is pretty good! The bad stuff they try and shove down our throat is so exaggerated that it does not resemble reality. And I’ll bet you will discover the same thing…

So, stay positive. Look for opportunities that will help you exit their system, while focusing on opportunities to build our own. Right now there is no need to fight them, although I believe they want a fight. Instead, just leave them behind as they whine and scream like spoiled little demanding children.

Yup, EVERYTHING with a firm foundation starts locally. That is a necessity, because WE ARE the foundation, and to shore and strengthen that foundation, building it has to start "by the brick". While there is national infrastructure in the works, for communication and the like, it all starts locally, with US. A firm foundation has to be there before it can go nationally and international, and succeed.

Without a foundation, a house collapses.

As that author observes, they DO want a fight. Don't oblige them, just get busy building your own world instead. The fight will come later, to be sure, when they attack as they will have to do, but MAKE THEM ATTACK, don't start the fight, finish it. It's what I call "guerrilla livin' ". In order to win, all you have to do is survive and thrive, and that can be done without a fight. In order for THEM to win, they have to find you, hunt you down, and eradicate you and everyone like you, or at the very least force you to bend to their will. Just refuse to do that, and you win, not them... but the fighting will come when they have to force that issue.

They cannot have it any other way, especially when talent starts draining from their endeavors and defecting to the Free Side.