Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My husband said
If he was Rich, he's own himself a F-86 or better yet an F-4, you ask how?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I hope my husband don’t find out about those. He’d be looking for the most junky one that he could get almost free and drag it in here to fix it. Then it would sit over by the tractor that doesn’t work and all the riding mowers he’s going to get to soon. 

He’s got it in his mind to build a generator right now. I’ll let y’all know how that goes.
Explanation: If I were a rich man eh? ...

Personal Disclosure: I'd rather be a Deep One! ...

minusculebeercheers 

P.S. But I'll settle for an Compressed air car.
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(09-13-2021, 11:48 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I hope my husband don’t find out about those. He’d be looking for the most junky one that he could get almost free and drag it in here to fix it. Then it would sit over by the tractor that doesn’t work and all the riding mowers he’s going to get to soon. 

He’s got it in his mind to build a generator right now. I’ll let y’all know how that goes.

I'm Sorry, But,,,,, smallrofl sounds like someone I Know  smallrofl
(09-13-2021, 11:48 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I hope my husband don’t find out about those. He’d be looking for the most junky one that he could get almost free and drag it in here to fix it. Then it would sit over by the tractor that doesn’t work and all the riding mowers he’s going to get to soon. 

you women gotta understand, we don't see junk like yall do. when we look at it we have visions of how bad ass it will be when we get done with it and can say we did ourselves no matter how long it takes. plus how cool we'll look flying, driving, or operating it.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(09-14-2021, 02:31 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

you women gotta understand, we don't see junk like yall do. when we look at it we have visions of how bad ass it will be when we get done with it and can say we did ourselves no matter how long it takes. plus how cool we'll look flying, driving, or operating it.

You may be right about that as I’ve seen it in action after he gets something running. The tractor he bales hay with was pretty much a shell when he brought it home. His eyes still light up when he climbs in that thing to start it. 

Usually I just look at him adding another project to the pile and shake my head as I pour myself another whiskey and think about how I can plant flowers or some kind of shrubs to hide it.
Damn I love fighter jets.  When I was 16 or so, I had a job at a grocery store which was less than a mile from an air base.  They'd have air shows there, sometimes the Blue Angels.

On those days I'd get practically nothing done, I'd sneak out back to smoke cigarettes and watch those beautiful beasts fly over me upside down so close I swear I could see the pilot's helmet.

I'll bet the Taliban thought they might as well be fighting modern day dragons the first time they got lit up by them.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
In the old days you could afford to fly something like that. Now with the price of fuel, insurance, and hanger you need a couple of producing oil wells to own one. Just the lifters on a P-51 to be overhauled will cost you better than $10,000. The good old days of aviation are long gone I am afraid..

I blew a jug on an continental 0300 engine 20 years ago and ordered a new jug and replaced the old jug myself for less than $100.. That same jug in 2010 was over $300 ! They do not outlaw anything they just make it so expensive most cannot afford to play.
When you guys get your F-86 or F-4 can I come see? I promise not to leave nose smudges on the windows.
(09-14-2021, 03:59 AM)727Sky Wrote: In the old days you could afford to fly something like that. Now with the price of fuel, insurance, and hanger you need a couple of producing oil wells to own one. Just the lifters on a P-51 to be overhauled will cost you better than $10,000. The good old days of aviation are long gone I am afraid..

I blew a jug on an continental 0300 engine 20 years ago and ordered a new jug and replaced the old jug myself for less than $100.. That same jug in 2010 was over $300 ! They do not outlaw anything they just make it so expensive most cannot afford to play.

I agree 1000%. Not a poor mans hobby that's for sure. 

I have given up thinking I could ever own anything like that. Shoot, not even a WWII tank is in the do-able category anymore. 

Last time in Iraq, I found an old Pack 75mm in the Iraqi Army dump!!! My wheels were turning that's for sure  tinylaughing
(09-15-2021, 12:05 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: When you guys get your F-86 or F-4 can I come see? I promise not to leave nose smudges on the windows.

Mr.G. here, Tell what, with that trainer F-4 we cam go up together and LEARN to Fly at the same time  smallroflmao
(09-15-2021, 12:19 AM)guohua Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:05 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: When you guys get your F-86 or F-4 can I come see? I promise not to leave nose smudges on the windows.

Mr.G. here, Tell what, with that trainer F-4 we cam go up together and LEARN to Fly at the same time  smallroflmao

We'll just wing it  tinybiggrin
(09-15-2021, 03:30 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:19 AM)guohua Wrote:

We'll just wing it  tinybiggrin
We might have to call @"727Sky"  and ask how we start the damn thing!  minusculebeercheers