Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chinese state media vows military ‘will show up at US doorstep’ soon and ‘China will
Either by false flag or accident something is gonna happen. The question IMM is when ? This is but an Oped but....
Quote:Chinese state-run Global Times media outlet published an op-ed from its editorial board on Wednesday vowing that China’s military will soon confront the U.S. in a hostile exchange.

“The US will definitely see the PLA show up at its doorstep in the not-too-distant future,” the op-ed said. “The two sides’ warships and aircraft on the seas will carry huge mutual strategic hostility, and the two countries will not yield to each other.”

“Once the situation gets out of control and triggers military clash between China and the US, we must give full play to our home field advantage. China will definitely win once there is a war,” the Global Times op-ed said.
The op-ed came in response to U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold conducting a freedom of navigation operation near the Mischief Reef in the Spratly Islands of the South China Sea on Wednesday.

“What the US has done is a naked provocation, and this is obvious to all,” the Global Times op-ed said, adding that the ship “posed a threat” to the “many Chinese people and facilities” on the island.
The op-ed further called on China to take action. “Only by making the US have a taste of its own medicine can we touch the nerves of the US and its allies, and reshape the Western world’s understanding of US bullying in the South China Sea,” it said.
The U.S. Navy 7th Fleet said the U.S. warship sailed in accordance with international law “within 12 miles of Mischief Reef,” an area that China has heavily militarized and reportedly began flying military flights out of earlier this year.

“The land reclamation efforts, installations, and structures built on Mischief Reef do not change this characterization under international law. By engaging in normal operations within 12 nautical miles of Mischief Reef, the United States demonstrated that vessels may lawfully exercise high-seas freedoms in those areas,” the U.S. Navy said.
While the U.S. does recognize China’s claim to the Spratly Island, it rejects any claim China makes beyond a 12-nautical mile limit of the Spratly Islands.
Mischief Reef is among the seven island reefs China claims as its own and has been militarizing in recent years. China established 9,000-foot runways on three islands in the South China Sea to accommodate any aircraft in its fleet, including its nuclear-capable H-6 bombers.
Earlier this year, Washington Times obtained satellite images showing PLA KJ-500 airborne warning and control planes, Y-9 transport planes, and Z-8 helicopters on the islands, indicating a now-permanent presence on the islands.
The U.S. has repeatedly denounced China’s militarization of artificial islands in the South China Sea, as well as its construction of military bases and other industrial facilities in the region, and aggressive behavior toward other nations’ ships in the region.
China claims most of the mineral-rich South China Sea, including areas that reach the shores of its smaller neighbors. Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Taiwan also have overlapping claims to the maritime region. The U.S. has vowed to continue its freedom of navigation operations to ensure free passage in the South China Sea despite China’s threats.
In July 2020, the U.S. released its first official statement rejecting most of China’s territorial claims in the South China Sea as “unlawful.”
The document rejects China’s claims to certain territories, such as James Shoal, located 50 nautical miles from Malaysia, as well as other specific territories off the coasts of Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines. China has claimed some of these territories in its “Nine-Dashed Line” claim announced in 2009, despite these territories being located up to 1,000 nautical miles away from China’s coast.
The U.S. position aligns with a 2016 Arbitral Tribunal decision, in which it rejected China’s claims as baseless against international law. Secretary of State Antony Blinken praised the decision on its fifth anniversary earlier this year, which China swiftly denounced.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/09...-will-win/
Bring it, if they're so eager to experience their own Vietnam.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
My feelings is that the CCP has more to lose in any big conflict. If there would be huge losses ,men killed in Chinese side, it would start be threat to CCP existence.....hence the CCP has allways threatening to take Taiwan, but they never have done it, from the times of premier Mao .

The CCP needs allways these agressive war talks, for it`s own existence, so they order the state-run medias to publish these storys.....the storys may be just for keeping the domestic status quo...keeping CCP in power.

They could start war if they would be sure of victory and small losses on their side, but i cant see that possible.

Not sure is my view correct thought .
(09-10-2021, 02:39 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Bring it, if they're so eager to experience their own Vietnam.

They've already experienced their own personal Vietnam once, in 1979 I believe, and got their asses handed to them within a month.

China invaded Vietnam along the northern Vietnamese border, and Vietnam lit up the PLA properly.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-10-2021, 03:35 PM)Kenzo Wrote: My feelings is that the CCP has more to lose in any big conflict. If there would be huge losses ,men killed in Chinese side, it would start be threat to CCP existence.....hence the CCP has allways threatening to take Taiwan, but they never have done it, from the times of premier Mao .

The CCP needs allways these agressive war talks, for it`s own existence, so they order the state-run medias to publish these storys.....the storys may be just for keeping the domestic status quo...keeping CCP in power.

They could start war if they would be sure of victory and small losses on their side, but i cant see that possible.

Not sure is my view correct thought .

My personal opinion, which is admittedly pretty uninformed where it concerns China, is that one would have to kill an awful lot of PLA soldiers to even make a slightly visible dent in China's population. However, I also believe that if they thought they could win an actual war in reality, they would have already started one. They are so vociferously belligerent where it regards the South China Sea that I'm pretty sure that if they thought they could win, they would have already jumped to seal that deal.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Trying naval action at a distance could get their "army navy" sunk.  Having ships is one thing, being a blue water navy is something else.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-10-2021, 05:08 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Trying naval action at a distance could get their "army navy" sunk.  Having ships is one thing, being a blue water navy is something else.

Cheers

They've already got us surrounded, with troops in Canada just north of Vancouver, troops in Cuba, and making inroads in the Caribbean and Mexico - what the hell else do they think they can do to get closer? Patrol rings around Mare Island or Miramar? Set up bases on Chincoteague?

@"Ninurta" 

I am more concerned about the 'students' already in the USA who have hip-pocket orders.  They'll cause a fair amount of chaos until shot dead.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-10-2021, 06:14 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

I am more concerned about the 'students' already in the USA who have hip-pocket orders.  They'll cause a fair amount of chaos until shot dead.

Cheers

yeah, that's a problem. There are, I think, around 300k of them here, and what I worry about is a backlash where folks just react, and don't make certain of their target's intent before making it a target. I recall 9-11, and how Arabs and Sikhs got targeted just for being Arabs and Sikhs, and not really doing anything at all.

(09-10-2021, 06:14 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

Cheers

They come not as single spies... but in battalions.
Ask Britain! Link To Another RN Thread:
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
PLA might not be all happy about Beijings plans, in short time Western Theatre Command in China`s Western area has seen generals come and go , as premier XI is not happy .