Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Denisovan DNA in the Philippines
It was not that long ago people had never heard of the Denisovans much less spell that linage ! Anyone who has been to the Philippines and away from some of the major cities will be amazed at some of the different looking people the PI has.

We were trained mostly by the Negritos in Jungle Survival and I really was impressed. They were the ones who basically lived off the land during WW2 and fought the Japanese with hand made , knives, swords, Bamboo Bow and arrows, and some smart booby traps. They are a proud people and I do not blame them.

You travel Asia or the islands in Micronesia and no telling what else the geneticists might find IMO ?  
Quote:A small indigenous group surviving on the Bataan Peninsula on the Philippine island of Luzon has more Denisovan DNA than any other ethnic population in the world.

That is the conclusion of an international team of evolutionary geneticists, led by Maximilian Larena and Mattias Jakobsson from Uppsala University in Sweden, who recently finished examining more than 2.3 million genetic samples taken from 118 Philippine Island ethnic groups. Writing in the latest edition of the journal Current Biology , the scientists explain that they were searching for answers about humanity’s complex and fascinating evolutionary past, including the truth about its interrelationships with its hominin cousins, the Neanderthals and the Denisovans.

Out of this exhaustive study, the most remarkable finding to emerge is the discovery that members of a Philippine ethnic group known as the Ayta Magbukon inherited about five percent of their genes from the fabled Denisovans. This mysterious species of hominin was closely related to the Neanderthals and more distantly related to modern humans , and has only been detected in the fossil record in the faintest of traces.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-evo...na-0015692
@"727Sky" 
Yes, you are absolutely correct, the Genetics look different and I have to wonder why.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]