Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we Citizens of Dystopia already?
We may already be in the early stages of Dystopia predicted nearly 100 years ago by writers who, in hindsight, appear to have been prescient. If you have time, take a look at the videos below, and decide for yourself. look around you, at the world of today, and ask yourself how many parallels to the predictions you see coming to life, right now.

They are relatively short videos, around 15 minutes each.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

1984, Definitely 1984.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I have a growing opinion that much of, if not all of, the liberal rhetoric is BS, like the green new deal or build back better. So in regards to what kind of dystopian nightmare will are entering, it is doubtful to me that the ruling class with have much respect for planet Earth, probably far less as they elevate themselves to demigod status and the next phase of human evolution, like the movie "Zardoz".

Quote:In the year 2293, following a nanite plague that left most of the world uninhabitable[citation needed], the human population is divided into the immortal "Eternals" and mortal "Brutals." The Brutals live in an irradiated wasteland, growing food for the Eternals, who live apart in "the Vortex," leading a luxurious but aimless existence on the grounds of a country estate. The connection between the two groups is through Brutal Exterminators, who kill and terrorize other "Brutals" at the orders of a huge flying stone head called Zardoz, which supplies them with weapons in exchange for the food they collect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zardoz

A trippy 1974 Irish-American film that was rather low budget, but it at least stars Sean Connery.
Yes, from what I've seen, they have one foot through the door, with the other foot being raised to step on in and plant both feet firmly on the ground. 

tinycrying
Excellent topic,  and unfortunately it look`s like we are allready in the deep abyss, dystopia , society which is controlled big way like in the first video .

It`s been so crazy lately , since covid... that it seems like people are not people anymore, not human but zombies ....they dont controll themselves anymore, but are controlled outside.....yikes!

Huxley was ahead of time..

zombie

noun [ C ] uk

/ˈzɒm.bi/ us

/ˈzɑːm.bi/

-a person who has no energy, seems to act without thinking, and does not notice what is happening:  

-someone who moves around as if unconscious and being controlled by someone else:
(08-15-2021, 06:53 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I have a growing opinion that much of, if not all of, the liberal rhetoric is BS, like the green new deal or build back better. So in regards to what kind of dystopian nightmare will are entering, it is doubtful to me that the ruling class with have much respect for planet Earth, probably far less as they elevate themselves to demigod status and the next phase of human evolution, like the movie "Zardoz".

Quote:In the year 2293, following a nanite plague that left most of the world uninhabitable[citation needed], the human population is divided into the immortal "Eternals" and mortal "Brutals." The Brutals live in an irradiated wasteland, growing food for the Eternals, who live apart in "the Vortex," leading a luxurious but aimless existence on the grounds of a country estate. The connection between the two groups is through Brutal Exterminators, who kill and terrorize other "Brutals" at the orders of a huge flying stone head called Zardoz, which supplies them with weapons in exchange for the food they collect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zardoz

A trippy 1974 Irish-American film that was rather low budget, but it at least stars Sean Connery.

Those mindless slogans, like "Green New Deal" (compare to CCP "Cultural Revolution") and "Build Back Better" (compare to "Arbeit macht Frei") are straight out of 1984. Catchphrases and slogans were big in Communist and other totalitarian nations as a means of getting people on board without allowing them to think it over too much. Orwell saw that happening in his day, and built it into the world of "1984"... and clearly it still goes on today. I submit to you that I think it is intensifying in the last few years, at least in America.

The world of Zardoz is where I see this nation heading. There is no way they can eradicate all us proles out in the countryside, and no way they can get us all herded into their Smart Cities, so they will likely try to make use of us as farmers just to support their lazy city asses, That's why I think we should learn our own terrain and learn how to set good ambushes now, to get ahead of that game.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-15-2021, 07:11 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Excellent topic,  and unfortunately it look`s like we are allready in the deep abyss, dystopia , society which is controlled big way like in the first video .

It`s been so crazy lately , since covid... that it seems like people are not people anymore, not human but zombies ....they dont controll themselves anymore, but are controlled outside.....yikes!

I think we are, and I believe he was. We are yet in the early stages if it, I think, and there is still time to get out of it, IF enough people open their eyes and fight back before it is too late. What needs to be done at this stage, i think, is to oppose them at every turn, never give in, and build parallel social, financial, and perhaps eventually political structures outside of their control for people who are still human.

Quote:zombie

noun [ C ] uk

/ˈzɒm.bi/ us

/ˈzɑːm.bi/

-a person who has no energy, seems to act without thinking, and does not notice what is happening:  

-someone who moves around as if unconscious and being controlled by someone else:

If the shoe fits, they should take their glory in wearing it - it's the only glory they will ever have.

My high school World History teacher made 1884, A Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451 part of our required reading- this was back in 1983 when I took his class and it was still required reading for his class when my oldest had him in 2005.

You helped prepare us for our future Mr. Bernard Brown. I applaud you!  smallawesome
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

(08-15-2021, 07:47 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 07:11 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Excellent topic,  and unfortunately it look`s like we are allready in the deep abyss, dystopia , society which is controlled big way like in the first video .

I think we are, and I believe he was. We are yet in the early stages if it, I think, and there is still time to get out of it, IF enough people open their eyes and fight back before it is too late. What needs to be done at this stage, i think, is to oppose them at every turn, never give in, and build parallel social, financial, and perhaps eventually political structures outside of their control for people who are still human.

Quote:zombie

noun [ C ] uk

/ˈzɒm.bi/ us

/ˈzɑːm.bi/

If the shoe fits, they should take their glory in wearing it - it's the only glory they will ever have.

Creating parallel system sound great . The jab will open many eyes too i guess

Sadly many people tend to get killed if oppose their system , even now few presidents who had "wrong" views about covid/vaccines....but this all is heading to mass genocide if people dont wake up ...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9843]
(08-15-2021, 07:56 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: My high school World History teacher made 1884, A Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451 part of our required reading- this was back in 1983 when I took his class and it was still required reading for his class when my oldest had him in 2005.

You helped prepare us for our future Mr. Bernard Brown. I applaud you!  smallawesome

For me, it was the English Lit teacher, Helen Gilmer. She made us read all those, plus "City" and the surrounding series by Clifford D. Simak, and I thank her for that now - it gave us a heads-up on what was to come.

(08-15-2021, 08:06 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Creating parallel system sound great . The jab will open many eyes too i guess

Sadly many people tend to get killed if oppose their system , even now few presidents who had "wrong" views about covid/vaccines....but this all is heading to mass genocide if people dont wake up ...

It's true that some will likely die... but one must ask himself whether he would rather die on his feet or live on his knees before engaging. That's a decision everyone will have to make for themselves.

For myself, I will live free until I die. that decision was one I made long ago. I never planned on living forever anyhow, so what life I have left will be lived on my own terms...

... and not on my knees. If you're gonna die anyhow, might as well die on your own terms, and not let the masters dictate the terms to you.

I do understand, however, that is a hard decision for many. Life seeks to continue living, and that is difficult to overcome. Many will knuckle under due to that fact alone. Living outside the system is also difficult, and that will also dissuade many - especially before parallel systems are in place. People are reluctant to live outside the familiar systems, and "going it alone" is tough when the social systems we already have beckon so alluringly.

I used to trap critters for pelts. that bait I put out was pretty alluring to them too, also to their detriment.

It's something people have to think about deeply, and arrive at their own conclusions, what they believe is best for them, in their situation.

I never was assigned 1984 while I was in school. I did choose to read it and many other dystopian novels on my own after my dad suggested I read them. I’m glad he did. I remember having long discussions on how life would be. I think I wouldn’t be nearly as prepared if I had ignored his advice.

It’s easy where I live to get lulled into a sense of comfort. Everything seems like normal life in the smaller towns I go to.

I only notice how bad things are getting when I go to bigger cities, turn on the tv or scroll most social media. Then I see the signs of dystopia. 

I too think it’s the early stages and I do hope there is still a chance for people to wake up. I’ve noticed that more and more are responding with an opposing view on propaganda posts that the local new stations have been putting out. It used to only be one or two and they would be ridiculed but that doesn’t seem to be happening as much.
(08-15-2021, 09:29 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I never was assigned 1984 while I was in school. I did choose to read it and many other dystopian novels on my own after my dad suggested I read them. I’m glad he did. I remember having long discussions on how life would be. I think I wouldn’t be nearly as prepared if I had ignored his advice.

It’s easy where I live to get lulled into a sense of comfort. Everything seems like normal life in the smaller towns I go to.

I only notice how bad things are getting when I go to bigger cities, turn on the tv or scroll most social media. Then I see the signs of dystopia. 

I too think it’s the early stages and I do hope there is still a chance for people to wake up. I’ve noticed that more and more are responding with an opposing view on propaganda posts that the local new stations have been putting out. It used to only be one or two and they would be ridiculed but that doesn’t seem to be happening as much.

I've also noticed it on social media. the way everyone is getting entrenched into an "us" vs "them" mentality, and parroting the Party Lines - thinking whatever they are told to think, and nothing else.

Just yesterday, a FB friend, who was one of my former bosses, went off on a rant about how unmasked people are being "selfish" and "murdering" the masked, vaccinated folks with the covid. It boggles the mind. She used to be relatively sane...  then was told to adjust her thinking by The Party, and amazingly DID.

Nietzsche had a philosophy of "the higher man and the herd". We are watching it play out in real time, with our very own eyes.

How about this?

Humans have always been humans. At least in the last few hundred thousand years. My guess is an observant student of history can reliably predict, in general, how humans will react to cyclical occurrences we never seem able to free ourselves from. 

Why? I don't know.

But as I get older, I really believe some people are simply not cut out for freedom. They don't like it and don't want it. They are always there no matter what generation or geographical location. They enable what we see today as they enabled the despots of the past.

If Guohua's post from today is correct, maybe it's leftover obedience coding.
(08-15-2021, 07:47 PM)Ninurta Wrote: If the shoe fits, they should take their glory in wearing it - it's the only glory they will ever have.

let my people go,

holy noah saw it coming,

you don't have to hide anymore!

all ways liked that tune.

here is another one of theirs,
Where do the children go
Between the bright night and the darkest day?
Where do the children go
And who's that deadly piper who leads them away?

and their cover of 500 Miles.

A hundred tanks along the square
One man stands and stops them there
Some day soon, the tide will turn, and I'll be free I'll be free,
I'll be free, I'll come home to my country
Some day soon the tide will turn and I'll be free

[Image: TWBB.png]