Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officials: 22 Killed, 94 Hurt in Wedding Blast in Turkey
Quote:ANKARA, Turkey — Officials say at least 22 people were killed in a bomb attack targeting an outdoor wedding ceremony in southeastern Turkey.

The governor's office for the province of Gaziantep said 94 people were wounded in Saturday's attack in the city of Gaziantep.
Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek said the "barbaric" attack appeared to be a suicide bombing. Other officials say it could have been carried out by Kurdish rebels or the Islamic State group.

Turkey has been rocked by a wave of attacks in the past year that have either been claimed by Kurdish militants linked to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party — known by its acronym PKK — or were blamed on IS.

In June, suspected IS militants attacked Istanbul's main airport with guns and bombs, killing 44 people.

Source

Thought to be a suicide bomber.
How tragic, and at a wedding no less.
When it is supposed to be a happy day.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

YUP! The Religion Of Peace!
My Money's on the IS, The PKK normally hits military and police I understand.
But, Who knows, Sick Minds Do Sick Things.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-21-2016, 03:08 AM)guohua Wrote: YUP! The Religion Of Peace!
My Money's on the IS, The PKK normally hits military and police I understand.
But, Who knows, Sick Minds Do Sick Things.

Pretty shitty to pick a wedding to do the attack.
Hope they burn in hell for what they did.

Piece of shits are what they are!! Whoever did it.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

When I went to sleep it was about 30 dead, it's nearly double now tinycrying

And to add to the anguish:

Suicide Bomber was a child

Just insane. It reminds me of the child soldiers throughout Africa for the last how many decades.
Quote:Thought to be a suicide bomber.
How tragic, and at a wedding no less.
When it is supposed to be a happy day.

If you want a "happy day" these days, you have to avoid looking at any news... anywhere.

This reminded me of an episode on "Homeland" from the hit show on Showtime... or was it HBO?  Anyway, they had a show where they sent in a missile and it just happened they were having a wedding there that day.  It turned out bad. 

This suicide bomber had to know they were having a wedding, which makes it all the more heartless and evil.   smallnotamused
What I will never understand is how anyone can convince themselves, children or in
fact, any other human to kill themselves and others in the name of a belief-structure.

The rationality alone, must show anyone that a faith-based deity wouldn't wish to
endorse it's existence with the use of explosives and bullets! That's tantamount to
worshipping a Bully-God that presumably created humans for the reason of pushing
nails and bolts through their bodies at high velocity.

'And on the third day, God said destroy the enemy you choose and sayeth to
thyself that I am merciful' -Crazy Bastard 12. Verse 4. The Book Of Lunacy.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(08-21-2016, 03:56 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: When I went to sleep it was about 30 dead, it's nearly double now tinycrying

And to add to the anguish:

Suicide Bomber was a child

Just insane. It reminds me of the child soldiers throughout Africa for the last how many decades.

Oh sweet Jesus
And who would suspect an innocent looking kid?

I noticed they said they were not sure if the boy detonated the bomb himself or if someone else did.

Quote:Erdogan said Saturday's blast in Gaziantep near the Syria border "was the result of a suicide bomber aged between 12 and 14 who either detonated (the bomb) or others detonated it."

My guess/suspicion would be someone else probably did (remote) due to past stories I have heard about how they use kids via way of threats to their family.

We better hope and pray that they (ISIS) never start that crap here in the U.S.
That is one evil vile group of people.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

UPDATE!!!
51 people killed and 69 still in the hospital.
And Surprise, Surprise, ISIS took credit.
They used a Child! tinycrying
Quote:GAZIANTEP, Turkey (Reuters) - A suicide bomber aged between 12 and 14 carried out the attack on a wedding party in the Turkish city of Gaziantep on Saturday that killed at least 51 people, the president said.
They're Animals, They need to be Exterminated!
Quote:Saturday's attack comes with Turkey still in shock just a month after Erdogan and the government survived an attempted coup by rogue military officers, which Ankara blames on U.S.-based Islamist preacher Fethullah Gulen. Gulen has denied the charge.

The pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) said the wedding party was for one of its members. The groom was among those injured, but the bride was not hurt.
Not the Kurds.
Quote:Women and children, including a three-month-old baby, were among the dead, witnesses said.
Blood and burn marks stained the walls of the narrow lane where the blast hit. Women in white and checkered scarves wept outside the morgue waiting for word on missing relatives.
"The celebrations were coming to an end and there was a big explosion among people dancing," said 25-year-old Veli Can. "There was blood and body parts everywhere."

Hundreds gathered for funerals on Sunday, with coffins draped in the green of Islam. But some ceremonies would have to wait because many victims were blown to pieces and DNA tests would be needed to identify them, security sources said.

"Every type of death is painful. But it is even more painful when it comes with religious slogans. It is even more painful when they mix religion with politics," said Omer Emlik, who said he was an uncle of two of the victims.
Source

Now for the other part of this UP Date.
Quote:ISIS bomber aged just 12 who killed 51 at a marriage ceremony in Turkey 'was blown up by REMOTE CONTROL'

Turkish president Tayyip Erdogan said it was likely that ISIS was behind the attack which saw the bomber, a boy, thought to be aged between 12 and 14, blow up among people dancing in the street at a party in the city of Gaziantep last night.

Erdogan added the blast near the Syria border 'was the result of a suicide bomber who either detonated (the bomb) or others detonated it'.
[Image: 3771B23600000578-3750906-Deputy_Prime_Mi...104573.jpg]
[Image: 3775E4EA00000578-3750906-image-a-59_1471794348049.jpg]
Source
(08-21-2016, 09:53 PM)BIAD Wrote: What I will never understand is how anyone can convince themselves, children or in
fact, any other human to kill themselves and others in the name of a belief-structure.

The rationality alone, must show anyone that a faith-based deity wouldn't wish to
endorse it's existence with the use of explosives and bullets! That's tantamount to
worshipping a Bully-God that presumably created humans for the reason of pushing
nails and bolts through their bodies at high velocity.

'And on the third day, God said destroy the enemy you choose and sayeth to
thyself that I am merciful' -Crazy Bastard 12. Verse 4. The Book Of Lunacy.

I have a hard time understanding that too.  This deity is not the God I worship!  This deity only wishes to show his power by bullying people into submission.   smallseeingred
They start their Brainwashing in the Family and the Mosques at a Very Young Age, as Toddlers I understand.