Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bezos Gets Government Bailout
This leaves me just wanting to walk away. The video is short and information rich. Here are some bullet points:

- Blue Origin lost out on $10 Billion contract to SpaceX. 
- Jeff Bezos goes to the Washington Senator and she pushes through "ANOTHER" contract. 
- The bill received bipartisan support. No problems at all passing through. 
- Same bill covered semiconductor manufacturing in the US. 
- Some Senators wanted to take out "fair wage" language in the bill and take out stock buy-back prohibitions in the bill. 

A nifty side note. Most people know Jeff Bezos did not pay any income tax but did you know he also received the child tax credit for his kid?  

Yeah, this gets me really pissed off.   

smallveryupset

It's times like this I need to step off and get away from the news.    tinyok
(06-15-2021, 12:23 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Yeah, this gets me really pissed off.   

smallveryupset

It's times like this I need to step off and get away from the news.    tinyok

Yup. I couldn't watch it anymore. And I know those two on the video were PO-ed about it too.... but they get paid to talk about it.
A tub of icecream or a bunch of popsicles and binge on Netflix, Hulu or Tubi..  and get away ..... a bottle of champagne a joint or pen, just sometimes you need to get away. Where there are no keypads. Turn off your phones and media, live....plan a road trip, even with a friend
Unwind from the everyday. 
(06-15-2021, 06:52 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: A tub of icecream or a bunch of popsicles and binge on Netflix, Hulu or Tubi..  and get away ..... a bottle of champagne a joint or pen, just sometimes you need to get away. Where there are no keypads. Turn off your phones and media, live....plan a road trip, even with a friend

@"PLOTUS",  I just did that over the weekend. Now here I am stuck back in the evil reality.   tinycrying
(06-15-2021, 06:52 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: A tub of icecream or a bunch of popsicles and binge on Netflix, Hulu or Tubi..  and get away ..... a bottle of champagne a joint or pen, just sometimes you need to get away. Where there are no keypads. Turn off your phones and media, live....plan a road trip, even with a friend

Thanks for the advice.  tinybiggrin

But I'm afraid I must be pretty boring. No drinking, no herbs, no nada. I can't sit through a whole movie either. Maybe I will go fishing.
Can anybody point me to alternative countries to go to?  I considered Canada, but I like guns.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
I really hope it was Elon Musk that bid for the seat alongside Bezos on New Shepard. That would be hilarious epic level trolling at its finest.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(06-14-2021, 11:18 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: This leaves me just wanting to walk away. The video is short and information rich. Here are some bullet points:

- Blue Origin lost out on $10 Billion contract to SpaceX. 
- Jeff Bezos goes to the Washington Senator and she pushes through "ANOTHER" contract. 
- The bill received bipartisan support. No problems at all passing through. 
- Same bill covered semiconductor manufacturing in the US. 
- Some Senators wanted to take out "fair wage" language in the bill and take out stock buy-back prohibitions in the bill. 

A nifty side note. Most people know Jeff Bezos did not pay any income tax but did you know he also received the child tax credit for his kid?  

i don't blame the rich for taking any and all legal tax credits and deductions available. i would and do when i can.
what should be done is a change in the tax law that can't be exploited by crooked book cookers that get paid well by people like bezo's.

and as far as laws being passed that favor the rich and major companies, i always say that lobbyist and company heads should not be allowed to meet with elected government officials alone or anyone that can effect public policy. be it public or in a private setting. all meetings should be transparent and documented, and all ties exposed that might show a conflict of interest.
[Image: TWBB.png]