Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fast thinking woman ?
Quote:
  • FLORIDA WOMAN STOPS ALLIGATOR ATTACK USING A SMALL CALIBER RUGER PISTOL -- This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.  What's the smallest-caliber that you would trust to protect yourself?  Here's the story in her own words:  "While walking along the edge of a pond just outside my house in the Villages, discussing a property settlement with my soon-to-be ex-husband and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water.  It began charging us with its large jaws wide open.  She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.  "If I had not had my little Ruger .22 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today!  Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took.  The gator got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.  The amount I saved in lawyer's fees was really incredible and his life insurance was also a big bonus!"
It takes courage and smartness to get yourself out of such a predicament. A little gun and a big brain.
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-13-2021, 02:14 PM)727Sky Wrote:
Quote:
  • FLORIDA WOMAN STOPS ALLIGATOR ATTACK USING A SMALL CALIBER RUGER PISTOL -- This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.  What's the smallest-caliber that you would trust to protect yourself?  Here's the story in her own words:  "While walking along the edge of a pond just outside my house in the Villages, discussing a property settlement with my soon-to-be ex-husband and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water.  It began charging us with its large jaws wide open.  She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.  "If I had not had my little Ruger .22 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today!  Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took.  The gator got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.  The amount I saved in lawyer's fees was really incredible and his life insurance was also a big bonus!"

that's as good as using the buddy system when swimming in shark infested waters. when a shark attacks, push your buddy towards them.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Chalk up another point for the females.    smallgreennumberone    tinylaughing
That puts teeth in the phrase "I ain't gotta be able to outrun the 'gator, I just gotta be able to outrun YOU", and vindicates the words of the late, great Jeff Cooper who was known to have said "a hit with a .22 is much more discouraging and effective than a loud miss with a .45".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"hounddoghowlie" 

the variation of that is always take a small dog when one walks in the woods.  If a bear appears, throw the dog at it and run ...  tinybighuh

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-13-2021, 05:30 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"hounddoghowlie" 

the variation of that is always take a small dog when one walks in the woods.  If a bear appears, throw the dog at it and run ...  tinybighuh

Cheers

tinyok