Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A harder look at A.I.
A Hard Look At AI Which Is Loose All Over 

The Net - AI Is 'Learning' Thousands Of Times 

Faster Than Humans - There Is No Way To Stop It

The Smarter It Gets The Faster It Gets Even Smarter

I don't put any stock into what Quinn Michaels says, but I have heard many other people "in the know" say that AI is our most dangerous enemy...period! 
It makes me think of that episode on SG-1, or one of those shows, where AI was going across all the universe taking over planets in it's wake. 
They say we are shown the future in movies; they have to tell us what they're doing.  

Scary!   tinyhuh
Don't worry, The BidenHarris Regime [tm] has our backs on this one - they are eliminating fossil fuels so that there won't be any ability to generate electricity for these AIs, and all of the heavy metals required to produce batteries will be going to be going into car batteries, not the electrical grid. Clearly, his intent is to starve AI to death!

BidenHarris is on it!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

This is one of the better vids on future developments IMO
I can't even begin to plumb the depths of creepy here. These are like motorized "Real Dolls":

And you KNOW these things will have to be jacked in to the "Internet of things". How's that for a built-in surveillance system? ET will even be phoning home about your Final Frontiers...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It is a bizarre thing.  The only robots that seem useful to me are vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers, and those have serious limitations.

I don't need a robot that looks like some geek's ideal of a dream girl.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(03-10-2022, 06:41 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It is a bizarre thing.  The only robots that seem useful to me are vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers, and those have serious limitations.

Cheers

Who builds robots? Nerds. Nerds give us ALL of the technological advancements we have. And nerds have a single goal in mind with all that tech. We have known what that goal is since at least the days of the movie "Weird Science".

(03-10-2022, 08:08 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 06:41 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It is a bizarre thing.  The only robots that seem useful to me are vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers, and those have serious limitations.

Cheers

Who builds robots? Nerds. Nerds give us ALL of the technological advancements we have. And nerds have a single goal in mind with all that tech. We have known what that goal is since at least the days of the movie "Weird Science"...

Signs.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10819]
"Why can't they get girlfriends?"
tinybiggrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.