Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For Mystic Wanderer
So Friday night we went to Waverly Hills Sanitarium for their night time Paranormal Tour. It is supposedly the Most Haunted Place in America.

[/url]Link to off. site

I promised Mystic Wanderer that I would try to post some pics if I could get some. It was cloudy out so it was super dark and we were only allowed to use flashlights on the stairs, and we were not allowed to use the flash on our cameras whether inside or outside the building because a couple of paranormal television crews were also doing investigations in parts of the building. I have a whole lot of pics taken in total darkness that I need to download to my laptop so I can try to lighten them up to see if anything showed up, but in just a couple of parts of the building they briefly let us use our flash but the pics aren't very good because there were too many people and as we only had 2 hours we went fairly quick- so I just got what I could.

We did not experience anything paranormal while there (other than one room which made the hair stand up on Kdog's neck, gave us both goose pimples, and for some reason in the darkness I could swear I saw a bed in the room but nobody else saw it) but I had made especially sure we were protected and might have done so a little too well.

The Body Chute
[url=https://ibb.co/sqbSRDG][Image: WH-1.jpg]

[Image: WH-2.jpg]

Infamous Room 502
[Image: WH-5.jpg]

[Image: WH-3.jpg]

[Image: WH-4.jpg]

The Morgue
[Image: WH-9.jpg]

[Image: WH-8.jpg]

[Image: WH-7.jpg]

[Image: WH-6.jpg]

Gargoyle statue out front
[Image: WH-10.jpg]

[url=https://ibb.co/fddLHS8][Image: WH-11.jpg]

I have pics from some cool stuff in the gift shop that I may add tomorrow, the rest will have to wait until I have fiddled with the light and find out if I caught anything trippy!

We had a pretty good time regardless of not experiencing anything paranormal, but I'd like to go back during the daytime for better pics.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Thanks for the pics!

I checked out Small Town Monsters, pretty neat stuff. In addition, I have stopped watching the "Did you hear that?" channel aka The Travel Channel. Except the Holzer Files. That one I still like.
(04-12-2021, 02:20 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Thanks for the pics!

I checked out Small Town Monsters, pretty neat stuff. In addition, I have stopped watching the "Did you hear that?" channel aka The Travel Channel. Except the Holzer Files. That one I still like.

Glad you like it! I don't like all the hyped up stuff, just good, honest investigation- I can do without the faked mess.

I watched a smalltime Bigfoot series on Prime that was like that and since the guy was from my state I made friends with him on FB and he turns me on to some cool, smalltime video companies that fit the bill for me.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Very cool.   minusculethumbsup

I don't know if I could ever get my nerve up to go to a place like that. It took me years and years to get rid of the bad things around me. I'd be afraid of something following me home. 

Looking forward to seeing more pics.  Thanks for not forgetting about sharing with RN.   tinybiggrin
Creepy looking place.  Institutional settings have serious negativity, whether active or not.  Thanks for the photos!

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(04-12-2021, 01:56 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: So Friday night we went to Waverly Hills Sanitarium for their night time Paranormal Tour.

I have pics from some cool stuff in the gift shop that I may add tomorrow, the rest will have to wait until I have fiddled with the light and find out if I caught anything trippy!

We had a pretty good time regardless of not experiencing anything paranormal, but I'd like to go back during the daytime for better pics.

That's cool... sounds like you guys had a nice time - love the picture's, thanks for sharing!
There is a Very, very Hunted jail for sale in Florida,,,,, Maybe R-N3 needs to run Ghost Tours!
Quote:If a haunted home is too soft for you, how about a haunted jail?
That would be exciting!
Quote:Old Florida jail with 'visible and audible paranormal activity' for sale

The decommissioned Gilchrist County Jail operated from 1928 to 1968, and recently hit the market for $139,000

An old penitentiary in Florida has hit the market, offering a brave buyer a unique opportunity to own what’s arguably the spookiest slammer in the state.
The decommissioned Gilchrist County Jail in Trenton operated from 1928 to 1968, and recently hit the market for $139,000. Touted as an 8-bed, 8-bath unit on a quarter of an acre, a listing page claims the property draws thrill seekers "from all over the world" eager to encounter the "heavy paranormal activity" for themselves.
[Image: Gilchrist-County-Jail-Google-Maps.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

[Image: Gilchrist-County-Jail-2-Google-Maps.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
Quote:"See apparitions walking around the grounds in broad day," the property details warn. "Possibly the spirits within will voice what's on their mind when you arrive before you even make it inside. Home to years of grisly stand offs, killings and much more it’s no surprise this location is loaded with visible and audible paranormal activity."

In a terrifying twist, the Watson Realty Group (which is handling the sale) even claims that accommodations for a prison officer weren’t constructed until 1966. Prisoners were effectively alone for 38 years, easily enabling "extreme nefarious activity." According to the Old Gilchrist County Jail Ghost Hunters, two local sheriffs were even killed in the line of duty.
Quote:Gilchrist closed in 1968, and has apparently sat abandoned ever since. Realtor photos of the interior show rusty cells, water damage and graffiti. It’s remained alluring, however, for fans of the supernatural. The listing page reports that the defunct prisons still hosts tours and "paranormal ghost club meetings" to this day.

Though most people would probably run away from the creepy clink, Watson Realty Corp. is confident that the right buyer will make a beeline for the big house.

Spooky Source

I liked this comment.
If someone had the guts...this place could be a $1000.00 per room a night B&B ( This could be 8k a night ) . It would stay booked. The Glichrist Hostel would be known the world over. I would do it myself , but I'm leaving this planet soon . The mothership contacted me on the big phone last week and I'm allowed to take 1 person with me.  I was offered a really cute puppy if I could get AOC on it & throw her out an airlock somewhere beyond your sun , but I'm not sure if dogs are allowed.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
A little off topic, but I thought I'd mention that my hubby and I went to Biltmore Estates in North Carolina awhile back, probably 25 years ago. This is where Anderson Cooper and his mother, Gloria Vanderbilt lived years ago. 

During my time with the Anons researching this estate, a lot of creepy things came up that I didn't know about during our visit.
There is the swimming pool where it is believed that child torture took place, and the spooky wall hanging above the children's bed of a human sacrifice on an altar of fire that resembles Jesus Christ. I posted these pictures in one of my threads here, but I don't remember which one. 
It would take me too long to go over everything we learned about this estate, but some terrible things happened in that place. 

During our tour, my hubby and I somehow got separated from the tour and ended up in the basement, or a lower floor of the mansion.  I had a terrible uneasy feeling come over me, and the hair on arms stood up. I felt compelled to look behind me into the other room, which I think was the kitchen. I saw a dark figure in the room and immediately got my husband and we found our way back to the tour. 

Although most of the tour was an amazing adventure, the basement was scary!