Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada To Censor "Hurtful" Comments About Politicians
Quote:Canada To Censor "Hurtful" Comments About Politicians, Implement Internet Kill-Switch

A colleague forwarded me the text of an article from Blackrocks Reporter, which covers Canadian politics from Ottawa, our capitol.

It’s a report on Federal Heritage Minister Steven Guibeault’s ongoing vendetta against non-conforming political speech on the internet, in which he’s calling for censorship of “hurtful” comments against politicians and implementation of an internet killswitch to facilitate it.

I saw this coming over four years ago, now it's on our northern doorstep in Canada. It won't be long now and it will be going on here. Start saving offline webpages, I am.
At least they are not lining up those who commit the offenses and offing/disappearing them...that will come under any totalitarian regime if history is correct.

You have to have deep unbidden respect for those who are called your leaders. Just ask those who lived under Rome's rule and all the places/countries thereafter.

Justin Trudeau and Joe Biden can both go and **** ***.

... ... ...

-Member is offline-
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Very brave of them.  

Of course the definition of "hurtful" can and will mean anything. 

Wonder at what point they will implement mandatory, public oratory outlining their courageous leaders' benevolence and otherwise Jesus-like virtue?
I saw this morning on Twitter or GAB where the Capitol Police had sent the Highway Patrol to visit someone who had posted a negative comment about AOC. It wasn't even anything bad; just his critique of how she handled something. 

So, now social media is going to tell us we can't even criticize OUR reps on how they handle their job (for us). 

We are going under a tyrannical government at lightening speed, and no one seems to care.
This already exists in various forms in European countries.  I am familiar with German laws of this type; "insult of an official" is a charge that is prosecuted from time to time.

Can't hurt the feelings of the high and mighty!

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(04-10-2021, 05:11 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote:
Quote:Canada To Censor "Hurtful" Comments About Politicians, Implement Internet Kill-Switch

A colleague forwarded me the text of an article from Blackrocks Reporter, which covers Canadian politics from Ottawa, our capitol.

It’s a report on Federal Heritage Minister Steven Guibeault’s ongoing vendetta against non-conforming political speech on the internet, in which he’s calling for censorship of “hurtful” comments against politicians and implementation of an internet killswitch to facilitate it.

I saw this coming over four years ago, now it's on our northern doorstep in Canada. It won't be long now and it will be going on here. Start saving offline webpages, I am.
Hmmm hmm huh.....  yes it occurred to me that it will be SO easy to re-write history on the internet. Simple and easy for the masses public consumption.

LOL, perhaps the Majyptions and Inkay's and Stone-un-hinged had something, carving it all into rock....