Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think one of the neighbors brought spirits to our building
(04-02-2021, 04:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @BIAD, be careful! I've heard many mediums say that these "creatures" actually do suck the life-force out of people while they sleep. The human slowly develops a health problem until they get so sick, they die. Most of the time it's a heart attack.

Don't want to scare you, but please do a cleansing of your home NOW!

minusculethumbsup (I caught myself  praying quietly nightly) -which I first put down to the craziness of the flu,
but it may have been my subconscious-creation/shed-dweller getting ahead of the curve!

Anyway, it seems peaceful at the moment.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(04-02-2021, 04:21 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 04:05 PM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

I do understand what you re talking about.
Those Shadow-Creatures and "Creatures" is a good name, are scary to even natural Spirits that want to be around you.

I've mentioned before that I have two Aunts that very frequently visit me and they have mentioned these Shadow Creatures/People...

Forgive me for butting in, but a couple of days before I fell foul to that weird 'mind-controlling' flu,
I observed a dark form leaning over me when I was in bed. I never mentioned it because the subject
-in my view, is not something of substance.

The room was dark with only faint light through the bedroom curtain. I was fully awake and not began
to prepare for sleep. I'm always doubtful about 'unseen entities' or shadow people and there's no rational
evidence that such phenomena actually exists.

But I felt the oppressive form leaning close to my head and believing my imagination -being stuck in a
boring situation, was just overreacting, I mockingly whispered 'go away'!

Like I've said, I respect others perceptions of this reality and know that I'm not the keeper of all knowledge.
But considering such an outlandish claim of shadow-people could easily be scoffed at, I would have normally
stood with the head-shaking group. This, even though my late-mother assured me many times that there is
a veil that we seem to struggle with and those on the other side of this strange curtain sometimes penetrates.

But it did happen and it's only my resistance (fear perhaps?) to embrace this phenomena that my mother
warned me about.
tinywondering

It is much harder to admit that there might be things in this world that we just don't understand than it is to close one's eyes to the possibility that we share this space with others. The stigma attached to anything paranormal, while lessening, is still too strong for many to speak out because of the fear of being labeled "crazy" and being ostracized by the community.

The majority of people do not begin to believe until they experience things that cannot be explained for themselves. I'm cool with that. I also am one of those people.  
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(04-02-2021, 04:43 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: It is much harder to admit that there might be things in this world that we just don't understand than it is to close one's eyes to the possibility that we share this space with others. The stigma attached to anything paranormal, while lessening, is still too strong for many to speak out because of the fear of being labeled "crazy" and being ostracized by the community.

The majority of people do not begin to believe until they experience things that cannot be explained for themselves. I'm cool with that. I also am one of those people.  

Yep, my growing-up-time with my family allowed my sisters and myself to glimpse the occasional strange
experiences my mother endured. The old lady took it in her stride and so, it's natural for her family to do
the same.
Hence my easy-going attitude in discussing an event that I didn't even think interesting enough of adding
to my essay!

But it was only when I deliberately set my cap to ignore such phenomena and assume such acceptance is
a burden to growth and happiness in what we consider a 'normal world', that a 'weird' duel-existence became
standard for me.

Those around me would genuinely propose alternative -more 'sensible' reasons that one would see unusual
incidents through more 'magical' lenses and sometimes, this made sense to me.
I believed that adhering to this more-pragmatic view of reality could ensure the 'visitations' and the noisy
nightly arguments with invisible invaders that my mother dealt with, would never visit my door.

I now think that what I believe I felt wasn't ego-driven and had nothing personal to do with me.
It was just the phenomena doing its tasks and it was merely my time in the queue.
But I'll still keep one eye open!
minusculebeercheers
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
This is a pretty good short video about Shadow People.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-03-2021, 01:54 AM)guohua Wrote: This is a pretty good short video about Shadow People.

Very good.  minusculethumbsup2

I just hope all this paranormal talk doesn't open the door here again. I've been pretty good about keeping it shut for a couple of years, at least to the bad ghosties. 
I didn't see the shadow person described in the video that I saw. It was short, maybe 4ft tall and had wide shoulders. I only saw it's upper body because it was peering around the corner of the hallway at me with it's lower body hidden behind the wall. No eyes, just a black figure. 

Anyway, thanks for throwing that out here at almost bedtime @"guohua".  And Sweet Dreams to you too!   tinylaughing
(04-03-2021, 01:54 AM)guohua Wrote: This is a pretty good short video about Shadow People.

I've seen a hooded figure, twice. Never thought of it as a shadow person, but I reckon the potential is there.

Shadow people I see are, well, like shadows. Just dark masses, that move. Some are somewhat human shaped, some are shaped like balls, and some are irregular, but all of them just look like dark masses, like an area that is either absorbing all the light, or not allowing any light to escape from it.

This one looked more or less physical. I could make out certain details. it was about 8 feet tall, and wore a black robe with red trim, with the hood built in to the robe. Now that I think of it though, there was no face, just a dark mass inside the hood where a face ought to be. Maybe like a Shadow Person wearing a robe. The first time I saw it, it was moving down the hallway from the direction of the Barnes and Noble witch's room towards the back door. It "glided" more than "stepped". I was sitting in the living room watching TV, and it's motion in the hallway drew my attention from the corner of my eye. I recall thinking. "Well that's different! You stay on your turf, and leave mine alone, and we're good. You come in here to bug me, and it'll get ugly... and I bet I can get uglier than you." It just kept on going down the hallway.

The second time was in daylight, and It was outside. I saw it's hood pass the kitchen window while I was in the kitchen making a sandwich. That was when I noticed that it had no real face. It just kept going that time, too. never gave me a bit of trouble.

Never saw it again beyond those two times.

I've got some photos here of some crazy stuff that "witch" painted on her walls. if I can find  them, maybe I'll post 'em in this thread. She was creepy, but a lot more dangerous to herself than to anyone she was trying to hex.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-02-2021, 02:30 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 04:17 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I have often wondered what it is like to be "sensitive" to the things you describe.  

I have never seen or experienced anything you are talking about. Totally open to its existence, just have no clue what it is. 

Maybe that's a good thing. I'd hate to walk into a room and have the X-Files music cued up.

It can be quite terrifying! I was a nervous wreck for a huge part of my life. It took years and years to conquer the fear. I've been dealing with the paranormal since I was 7 and am 54 now. It is not fun or exciting and it creates a whole lot of problems. For example after spending a few nights at our house one of the kid's friends was so freaked out that she spread her story at school and nobody would come for a sleepover for a few years and the kids were ostracized. Some of my friends who had witnessed activity wouldn't set foot on my property, only stopping on the side of the road if they saw me outside to say hello. Others I had to run off myself because they had seen too many ghosthunter shows and did their best to rile the spirits up- making life more difficult for us. It is no picnic being sensitive and I would gladly stick my head in the sand and forget it all if I could.

Wow! I guess those things could really mess with one's life. 

You mention the ghost hunter shows. There seems to be a deluge of them these days. In your expert opinion, do any of them have any basis in reality? My sons and I debate what goes on in those shows but the truth is we have no idea. They seem more faux-fear than anyone sincerely trying to understand. Just wondering.
(04-03-2021, 04:37 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 04:17 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I have often wondered what it is like to be "sensitive" to the things you describe.  

I have never seen or experienced anything you are talking about. Totally open to its existence, just have no clue what it is. 

Maybe that's a good thing. I'd hate to walk into a room and have the X-Files music cued up.

It can be quite terrifying! I was a nervous wreck for a huge part of my life. It took years and years to conquer the fear. I've been dealing with the paranormal since I was 7 and am 54 now. It is not fun or exciting and it creates a whole lot of problems. For example after spending a few nights at our house one of the kid's friends was so freaked out that she spread her story at school and nobody would come for a sleepover for a few years and the kids were ostracized. Some of my friends who had witnessed activity wouldn't set foot on my property, only stopping on the side of the road if they saw me outside to say hello. Others I had to run off myself because they had seen too many ghosthunter shows and did their best to rile the spirits up- making life more difficult for us. It is no picnic being sensitive and I would gladly stick my head in the sand and forget it all if I could.

You mention the ghost hunter shows. There seems to be a deluge of them these days. In your expert opinion, do any of them have any basis in reality? My sons and I debate what goes on in those shows but the truth is we have no idea. They seem more faux-fear than anyone sincerely trying to understand. Just wondering.

I think that most of them are a bunch of hooey! Especially the ones where they go in acting disrespectful and talking trash trying to goad entities into putting on a show for their cameras without a thought for what the residents will have to deal with after they leave. And their "spiritual experts"? Some of them don't know their assholes from their elbows, everybody is a freestyle "witch". "Exorcists" they bring in crack me up, especially those supposedly sanctioned by the Catholic Church- the church doesn't sanction lay exorcists. Supposed psychics performing from scripts. Anybody that can afford the price of a cell phone can video wherever or record EVP sessions with same phone, there are even apps that replicate Ghost Box phenomena. Any idiot that can act scared on cue can have a hit show!

The only good ghost hunter shows are small time serious amateurs who invest their own time and money into research and equipment. Harder to find than the network and cable stuff but much more genuine. Amazon Prime has some good stuff. I tend to like anything that the company Small Town Monsters puts out among other small, indy documentary makers.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
(04-02-2021, 03:31 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: However, i have not ever seen anything unusual. Anywhere. I sense these. And it SUCKS. I can't pray, but i talk to "God, The angels, and The forces of good" Because for a whole lot of years that has felt like the correct way to point my words at the direction i want to interact with and who i want to serve. That won't help if the "dementors" are here. Because when they are, then God, The angels and The forces of good are not. When God, The angels and the forces of good are here, the "dementors" are not here. It seems to have nothing to do with what i do, what i think, how i behave in general. These come and go.

But no visual sightings, ever. Dunno, could be just my depression, which i desperately want to seek explanation(s) for.

Thank you for sharing!

"Faith" is the ability to know, without seeing. To know that something exists without seeing it standing there. When face to face meeting comes, faith dies. It has outlived it's usefulness.

Consider this possibility. It may be that the bad spirits, negative energies, whatever you want to call them, are overwhelming your feelings to the point that you cannot feel the other, but that the others are still there. God, angels, forces of good, positive energies, whatever you prefer to call them. it may be that the positive  are still there, and working on your behalf, but you just can't feel their presence because you are being overwhelmed by the negative.

It's been my experience that when you are most alone is when you are really being carried on the shoulders of giants. You just don't realize it, because you are unconscious to it.

When you are at your lowest, when you cannot feel the positive presence, keep calling on whatever you call on anyhow. Don't get discouraged, just keep calling for it. It will arise, and raise you with it.

Not to get preachy, but I'll get preachy just this once. We all have those times. Even Jesus Christ himself yelled "Eloi, Eloi, lamachsabethani?" when he was on the cross. "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" His God had not forsaken him - that God just had bigger plans for him, and that was the Dark Valley he had to walk through to get to them.

We all have to walk our own dark valleys. We never walk them alone. But sometimes, it sure feels like it. Feelings come and go, but whatever you have faith in never does. It just feels that way some times, because feelings can lie to you.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-03-2021, 08:17 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Consider this possibility. It may be that the bad spirits, negative energies, whatever you want to call them, are overwhelming your feelings to the point that you cannot feel the other, but that the others are still there. God, angels, forces of good, positive energies, whatever you prefer to call them. it may be that the positive  are still there, and working on your behalf, but you just can't feel their presence because you are being overwhelmed by the negative.

It's been my experience that when you are most alone is when you are really being carried on the shoulders of giants. You just don't realize it, because you are unconscious to it.

I have considered that possibility a lot. But i am pleased to read it suggested by someone else than me.

Quote:feelings can lie to you.

This is important and i know that it is true. But it is hard to keep in mind, hard for me to... when the evil is here, it feels like all hope has been lost for all eternity and i have fallen for the final time. Yet, here i am, just had coffee, writing a reply to you and listening to slow cello music. My feelings lied. Maybe i will fucking write on my wall that "God, angels, and the forces of good are still here" and just stare at that the next time the dementors try to fuck me up.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
@"Finspiracy" 

Whether you are religious, spiritual or "none of the above" I have found that when times were the very worst that laying a printed copy of the Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel on my nightstand at least allowed me to sleep in peace despite what went on elsewhere in the house. I just printed up one I found on the internet. Trial and error teaches you some stuff.

[Image: Prayer-to-St-Michael.jpg]

(04-03-2021, 05:49 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"Finspiracy" 

Whether you are religious, spiritual or "none of the above" I have found that when times were the very worst that laying a printed copy of the Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel on my nightstand at least allowed me to sleep in peace despite what went on elsewhere in the house. I just printed up one I found on the internet. Trial and error teaches you some stuff.

[Image: Prayer-to-St-Michael.jpg]

Thank you, a really kind gesture! Cool! 

I am not religious at all. I just believe in God, and that angels are real, and that there are forces of good here to protect us.

I said the prayer. By actually praying. It has been a long time since i did that. First i read it through to understand what i am about to say. Then i said it out loud, ending with the "Amen". This is usually the point when things start to get real bad. But you are not the one to blame for it. I am a faulty being and i deserve all kinds of shit.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(04-03-2021, 06:34 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Then i said it out loud, ending with the "Amen". This is usually the point when things start to get real bad.

That is evil intensifying it''s effort to separate you from good. Trying to claim you for it's own, When it does that, that is the point you have to resist the most, and call on good the most intensely. When that happens, it is Evil being scared you might be slipping away from it, and intensifying it's effort to maintain a grip on you, using your own feelings as a weapon against you. That is just you scaring "the devil", and "the devil" kicking back against it because it's scared.

Quote:I am a faulty being and i deserve all kinds of shit.

I could get all preachy here again, but Imma try not to. At some time or another, everyone feels that way - it's just another feeling. And the fact is, ALL of us are, in some way or another, in one area or another, "faulty". All of us. I assure you that you are no more faulty than I am, and in some areas are far superior. It's part of the human condition, part of being human. We all have different strengths and weaknesses - that's what makes the world go 'round. How boring would life be if we were all exactly the same, and all supermen? There would be nothing for super men to fight, and hence no need for them at all. If we are all the same, and all perfect, then we are also all equally useless.

That is why people have to rely on other people some times. They may have strengths that we need, but don't have, and vice versa.

This is the point where I might get all preachy, and talk about "Abraham", and "righteousness", and what God is supposed to have told Abraham about how he looks for righteousness -and where is is supposed to have found it in Abraham (and Isaac, and Gideon, and David, and a bunch of other folks acutely aware of their own flaws) - but I won't. If folks have an interest in knowing that, they can find it easily enough on their own, and if they don't, they can run right past it, no harm. no foul.

(04-03-2021, 05:01 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 04:37 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:

I think that most of them are a bunch of hooey! Especially the ones where they go in acting disrespectful and talking trash trying to goad entities into putting on a show for their cameras without a thought for what the residents will have to deal with after they leave. And their "spiritual experts"? Some of them don't know their assholes from their elbows, everybody is a freestyle "witch". "Exorcists" they bring in crack me up, especially those supposedly sanctioned by the Catholic Church- the church doesn't sanction lay exorcists. Supposed psychics performing from scripts. Anybody that can afford the price of a cell phone can video wherever or record EVP sessions with same phone, there are even apps that replicate Ghost Box phenomena. Any idiot that can act scared on cue can have a hit show!

The only good ghost hunter shows are small time serious amateurs who invest their own time and money into research and equipment. Harder to find than the network and cable stuff but much more genuine. Amazon Prime has some good stuff. I tend to like anything that the company Small Town Monsters puts out among other small, indy documentary makers.

I'm glad it's just not me thinking that  tinywondering I will check out Small Town Monsters.
Saw a shadow person last night, the first I've seen of that size in this house. I was laying on the sofa watching TV, when a movement in the bedroom off the living room caught my eye. I looked, and there was a big shadow crossing the TV mounted to the wall in there. At first I thought it was something on the TV, then I noticed it was on the wall around the TV, too. Thinking it was Grace getting up for something and throwing a shadow, I got up to see if she needed anything, but there she was, still in bed and sound asleep, along with the cat.

After thinking about it more, I realized that if it were Grace, then the light source for the shadow would have had to have been damned near on the floor, and close to the moving form, instead of on the ceiling where it is. I also realized that the TV is self luminous, and so tends to cancel shadows that fall on it with light coming from inside it, so this shadow had to have some sort of substance or depth to it to block light from the TV and look like a shadow.

So I went in and told it to get the hell out. Didn't have any more trouble out of it the rest of the evening.

This may tie in - or it may not - with an incident that occurred a couple nights ago that I still haven't found a source for. I'll not bore you with the details of the tale, but it involved a "snuffling" noise right at my right knee when I was up looking for intruders because of some sounds I heard. Couldn't see anything where the sound was coming from, but it was right there at my knee, and audible.

Strange world. Take charge. Make sure they know who the boss is.

(04-08-2021, 12:57 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Saw a shadow person last night, the first I've seen of that size in this house. I was laying on the sofa watching TV, when a movement in the bedroom off the living room caught my eye. I looked, and there was a big shadow crossing the TV mounted to the wall in there. At first I thought it was something on the TV, then I noticed it was on the wall around the TV, too. Thinking it was Grace getting up for something and throwing a shadow, I got up to see if she needed anything, but there she was, still in bed and sound asleep, along with the cat.

After thinking about it more, I realized that if it were Grace, then the light source for the shadow would have had to have been damned near on the floor, and close to the moving form, instead of on the ceiling where it is. I also realized that the TV is self luminous, and so tends to cancel shadows that fall on it with light coming from inside it, so this shadow had to have some sort of substance or depth to it to block light from the TV and look like a shadow.

So I went in and told it to get the hell out. Didn't have any more trouble out of it the rest of the evening.

This may tie in - or it may not - with an incident that occurred a couple nights ago that I still haven't found a source for. I'll not bore you with the details of the tale, but it involved a "snuffling" noise right at my right knee when I was up looking for intruders because of some sounds I heard. Couldn't see anything where the sound was coming from, but it was right there at my knee, and audible.

Strange world. Take charge. Make sure they know who the boss is.

@"Ninurta", I have also had a couple of incidents since this thread went up. Just last night I heard noises in the kitchen, and the cats heard it too. They both sat like statues while staring into the kitchen. That room seems to have the most activity for some reason. I think my ghosts stay hungry.   minusculebiggrin

Good luck with your shadow person. I'll keep my sage handy.   tinybighuh
I am hearing more and more stories of shadow people showing up, even people who have never had any sort of paranormal experience have been seeing them recently. Me thinks all the talk of the veil thinning may have some merit, either that or all of this covid crap really does have people going off their rockers! 
(04-08-2021, 02:03 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I am hearing more and more stories of shadow people showing up, even people who have never had any sort of paranormal experience have been seeing them recently. Me thinks all the talk of the veil thinning may have some merit, either that or all of this covid crap really does have people going off their rockers! 

There is also the potential that, since some of them at least appear to be drawn to negative emotion, the world we are in now has caused an invasion from their dimension, and there are just crap tons more of them wandering around our Earth currently due to our current situation..

With any luck, this world ain't long for this world...