Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restless in Kassel
Per Deutsche Welle, over 20,000 marched in Kassel yesterday.  Characterized by DW's headline as "Corona liars"* ... yeah, there is some unbiased "journalism" for you.

* - But only in the German-language headline. Take careful note the English-language headline is written in a calmer fashion. Now, why would that be? Are they tailoring the message for different countries? Naughty, naughty.

Police weren't happy that most were unmasked.  Police REALLY weren't happy when some of their personnel got assaulted.

Night sticks, pepper spray, and water cannon.

Demonstrators were shouting "Down with Merkel" and "End the lockdown". (Also only mentioned in the German-language version of the article)

Interesting for me is, that Kassel is not that big.  It is a small city, so 20,000 people marching there is notable.

Story: https://www.dw.com/en/germany-anti-lockd...a-56938225

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

I'm given to understand that Kassel has a population of just over 200,000. That means that a full 10% of it's population has had about a damned 'nuff.

39% are migrants. That's a lot of damned migrants.

There are folks here with roots in that area - folks with the surname of Hess and Cassel or Castle. My first wife was a Hess. If they start marching, I ain't even leaving the house, 'coz some shit is gonna get burned down. and/or blown up.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-21-2021, 07:40 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Per Deutsche Welle, over 20,000 marched in Kassel yesterday.  Characterized by DW's headline as "Corona liars"* ... yeah, there is some unbiased "journalism" for you.

* - But only in the German-language headline.  Take careful note the English-language headline is written in a calmer fashion.  Now, why would that be?  Are they tailoring the message for different countries?  Naughty, naughty.

Police weren't happy that most were unmasked.  Police REALLY weren't happy when some of their personnel got assaulted.

Night sticks, pepper spray, and water cannon.

Demonstrators were shouting "Down with Merkel" and "End the lockdown". (Also only mentioned in the German-language version of the article)

Interesting for me is, that Kassel is not that big.  It is a small city, so 20,000 people marching there is notable.

Story: https://www.dw.com/en/germany-anti-lockd...a-56938225

Cheers

Yeah, sorry in expectation.  You get who you voted for.  As an ex LEO, I got tired of being beaten for doing what I was told.  Nothin worse than perhaps having your eye socket smashed by some angry person's head butt (no helmets) who was pissed and didn't know why they were there for.  To be lying on the ground I reckon thinking that it will take three other officers, an ambulance and hospital staff to look after me.  I thought about my 'true love' and tinlids at that time.

I would have at that time no option than to use spray or taser.  But that would be playing 'too rough' or 'over the top'.

Never did get used to angry protestors or rioters.  Yet people still whinge every day.  

Dam is over flowing. I'll be down there all night.  Least ways no whinging or complaining.  Life is what 'you' make it.  Vote for who you will.  I wont vote for violent protestors or whinging whining people who have got nothing better to do than complain, every day and who refuse to better their life, by actually going out there and being productive and constructing a lifestyle for themselves and, gee, loved ones..  Not hard. 

My thoughts Cav dude,

Kind regards,

Bally:)
"Corona Liars"

Wow. At least you know where the author of the article stands. 

At least there is some form of protest no matter how it gets portrayed.
@"Bally002" 

Hope you got the dam flow issue sorted!

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]