Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lost UFO Photo--FOUND
BELOW is a revisit of a discussion I initiated on another site, almost 10 years ago (SOL & KDOG may remember, as they participated):

After my father passed away in 2011, among his things, I found this photo he had been sent from a friend. Dad was a pack rat. I think it must've been in a box for many years at Dad's house...(He really didn't seem to place much importance to it).

The photo was of a UFO an acquaintance had witnessed in the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania sometime around 1970.

HIGH REZ SCAN
[Image: ufo1-HIGH-REZ-SCAN.jpg]

ORIGINAL LOW REZ-SCAN

[Image: UFO-HIGH-REZ-CLOSE-UP.jpg]

ORIGINAL LOW-REZ SCAN
[Image: ufoa-SCANNED-IMAGE.jpg]

BACK

[Image: UFO-PHOTO-BACKphoto003a.jpg]

SOME ANALYSIS

[Image: oj4edb0b07-PAGE-35-B.jpg]

[Image: en4eda7ae3-PAGE-35-A.jpg]

[Image: uy4ed3d72a.png]

I don't know who took it. but my dad was raised in this area, so I assume this was sent from someone he knew well.

Dad wasn't really into UFOs, or anything like that, so I just assume it was a photo someone he knew (possibly from his childhood--Dad grew up in the Uniontown/Brownsville area of Pennsylvania) who took the photo in 1970 and later sent it to him because he thought it was cool.

I have seen a photo of similar craft with similar backgrounds from this area in UFO books, but never from this position relative to the mountains and tree-line in the background. To the best of my knowledge, this is an original never- before-published UFO photo printed on Konica 100 paper (It is stamped diagonally KONICA and 100 but the two words a in a very faded grey tone, non-contiguous and are randomly placed at the same angles upside down).

The word 'Long' is also stamped diagonally (same angle as the others) and upside-down. I assume the photo was originally developed in a 'Longs' drugstore...as, back then, drugstores were where people sent their film to be developed.

There is part of a scribbled partial phone number and a woman or man's name (Sandy W.) in my dad's handwriting (Dad often scribbled on the back of old photos, envelopes, etc.) I covered that phone # up to protect whoever's number it is/was. even if complete, I assume it would be out of service by now anyway.

Notes:

- Much great analysis was done in the thread back in 2011 (with limited tools)...with nothing conclusively showing the photo was fake. 
- On the contrary, in fact, most (if not all) analysis lent credible evidence that the photo was not faked.

I received, at the time, a private message from another member, who told me that they had personally witnessed this EXACT same craft (3 together, in fact) very recently and in another country. They contacted me saying that, until then, they had never seen a UFO reporting, film, or photo that had matched the same craft(s) they had witnessed.

- I was encouraged to send the original photo to MUFON...but also was told they may not return it. I emailed them back in 2011...sending them ONLY the high resolution scans (along with a link to the thread)...but I never followed up.

At any rate, I am including all accrued relevant information here for preservation, discussion and continued research.

[Image: giphy.gif]

TAT, that's very cool.  Thanks for posting this.  Does have the classic saucer shape.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

1970's seem to have been the decade for UFOs.  I had many sightings back then, and the early 1980s too. They seem to have slowed down after, but I still saw them on occasion.

That one looks like a typical saucer. 
Back then it would be hard to say if it was "us" or "them". However, I'm sure we had already back engineered most craft visiting us.
Maybe we were taking it out on a test run? 

I do hope we get full disclosure soon. I think most people these days are aware that ETs have come here and we now have their technology, so why hide it any longer?
1970 in Pennsylvania.  Not so long after that incident at Kecksburg.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-18-2020, 07:43 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: 1970 in Pennsylvania.  Not so long after that incident at Kecksburg.

Cheers

This was likely taken in SW Penn.
Different description from Kecksburg, I think.

Yes, I remember this. So nothing from MUFON? 

I am a member of the global MUFON group on facebook and I can run it by them if you wish. 

Thanks for the memories, brother !

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-18-2020, 07:47 PM)kdog Wrote: Yes, I remember this. So nothing from MUFON? 

I am a member of the global MUFON group on facebook and I can run it by them if you wish. 

Thanks for the memories, brother !

minusculebeercheers

That would be great. I still have the original...but would want a guarantee I would get it back.

I submitted a brief description and the first photo. Just waiting on a mod to approve it to be posted. 

We shall see what happens. It has over 85k members world wide. 

minusculebeercheers
(07-18-2020, 08:05 PM)kdog Wrote: I submitted a brief description and the first photo. Just waiting on a mod to approve it to be posted. 

We shall see what happens. It has over 85k members world wide. 

minusculebeercheers

I can guarantee it doesn't exist in any of their files...unless they kept my submission from 9 years ago.

That is so very Cool!
Sorry about your father passing, but the photo is exciting.

Would be nice for MUFON to acknowledge that.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-18-2020, 08:56 PM)guohua Wrote: That is so very Cool!
Sorry about your father passing, but the photo is exciting.

Would be nice for MUFON to acknowledge that.

Thank you. Dad passed in 2011. He never showed me this photo when I was a kid...but I don't think he really cared about things such as UFOs.
I can't imagine why he even had and kept it.

There were so many back then but yours really sticks out as not being a forgery. There is an object there, it isn't a film artifact or a reflection.

I had a look to see if that pic showed up anywhere else, or something similar and look what came up:

[Image: photo004.jpg]

Traces back to Abovetopsecret.... :)

But here is another interesting one, taken in Ohio, in 1966. Not a forgery either from what I can see and pretty similar to yours:

[Image: November+13,+1966++-++Zanesville,+Ohio,+USA.jpg]

There was a LOT of UFO activity in those regions back then.

Fun to go down memory lane... :)
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-18-2020, 09:07 PM)Sol Wrote: There were so many back then but yours really sticks out as not being a forgery. There is an object there, it isn't a film artifact or a reflection.

I had a look to see if that pic showed up anywhere else, or something similar and look what came up:

[Image: photo004.jpg]

Traces back to Abovetopsecret.... :)

Fun to go down memory lane... :)

Yup...that was mine.
Good times.

That's weird. My pending post on MUFON Global disappeared. I have seen other posts pop up since then, but not mine.
(07-19-2020, 10:51 PM)kdog Wrote: That's weird. My pending post on MUFON Global disappeared. I have seen other posts pop up since then, but not mine.
@"kdog" 
Look at your AVATAR and click on your username.
There you should be able to find all your posts and threads.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-19-2020, 11:04 PM)guohua Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 10:51 PM)kdog Wrote: That's weird. My pending post on MUFON Global disappeared. I have seen other posts pop up since then, but not mine.
@"kdog" 

Not here. It's a group on facebook I shared IMATAT photo.
(07-19-2020, 11:12 PM)kdog Wrote:
@"kdog" 

Hopefully, Men In Black won't show up next.

(07-20-2020, 02:37 AM)IAMTAT Wrote:
@"kdog" 

Yeah, might need to reformat my hard drive so they don't come find you. LOL !
(07-20-2020, 03:04 AM)kdog Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 02:37 AM)IAMTAT Wrote:
@"kdog" 

Yeah, might need to reformat my hard drive so they don't come find you. LOL !

Please try to post it again.
I'm very curious to hear any responses.