Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly all of us get worse with wear (aging), but holy cow.
Howdy @Kdog!

Aging is a gift. It may have some ugly wrapping but consider the alternative.

I rather walk this earthly plain as an ugly, fat, bald headed old lady, that enjoys the wonders and the beauty this planet provides, than to pass from here early as beautiful corpse. 

I don't care how skilled the mortician is, the only thing normal about a dead body is death itself. So, if I can help make my time here more enjoyable by being more functional, health walks are a small price to pay.

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but I made one this year. I promised myself to find at least one thing everyday, that made me smile, and that I found pleasant. 

Walking has made that an easy promise to keep, as it helps me put the nonsense on the back burner, and enjoy the simple and natural beauty that surrounds me. 

I will find it more challenging come summer, for the heat will be my nemesis. I actually do better in the cold. Though I prefer to do away with extremes on either side.  minusculebiggrin

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(02-17-2021, 12:58 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Howdy @Kdog!

Aging is a gift. It may have some ugly wrapping but consider the alternative.

I rather walk this earthly plain as an ugly, fat, bald headed old lady, that enjoys the wonders and the beauty this planet provides, than to pass from here early as beautiful corpse. 

I don't care how skilled the mortician is, the only thing normal about a dead body is death itself. So, if I can help make my time here more enjoyable by being more functional, health walks are a small price to pay.

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but I made one this year. I promised myself to find at least one thing everyday, that made me smile, and that I found pleasant. 

Walking has made that an easy promise to keep, as it helps me put the nonsense on the back burner, and enjoy the simple and natural beauty that surrounds me. 

I will find it more challenging come summer, for the heat will be my nemesis. I actually do better in the cold. Though I prefer to do away with extremes on either side.  minusculebiggrin
So well said old girl  minusculebeercheers .  However there is one thing I hate (one of many) about getting old is what I have to look at in the mirror first thing in the morning, that is one horror show I could well do without
(02-17-2021, 03:47 AM)kdog Wrote: I can't wait till it warms back up and can go hiking again. Been basically stuck at home not doing anything since I was laid of and now retired. I am ready to begin the rest of my life. Might go on a few bigfoot hunts.

You can do it now if you want. Go hiking, even if it is not warm at all. It is a matter of clothing. I am in trouble during summers, because the heat and humidity takes the pleasure away from my long walks, but i have to walk anyway. From point A to point B with a purpose. Like a grocery store visit or seeing a friend. Just leaving home, walking just to return home... no. No.

It is ALWAYS possible to add more clothing. But during summers, if i walk naked... uh... bad idea. Not a pretty sight and an overall lousy idea. But tempting, due to heat. Heat belongs to a sauna, nowhere else. Okay there is always Venus. Venus can keep it's heat.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(02-17-2021, 02:38 PM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 03:47 AM)kdog Wrote: I can't wait till it warms back up and can go hiking again. Been basically stuck at home not doing anything since I was laid of and now retired. I am ready to begin the rest of my life. Might go on a few bigfoot hunts.

You can do it now if you want. Go hiking, even if it is not warm at all. It is a matter of clothing. I am in trouble during summers, because the heat and humidity takes the pleasure away from my long walks, but i have to walk anyway. From point A to point B with a purpose. Like a grocery store visit or seeing a friend. Just leaving home, walking just to return home... no. No.

It is ALWAYS possible to add more clothing. But during summers, if i walk naked... uh... bad idea. Not a pretty sight and an overall lousy idea. But tempting, due to heat. Heat belongs to a sauna, nowhere else. Okay there is always Venus. Venus can keep it's heat.

Walking naked in summer in Finland, no thanks too many mosquitos and other biting things, as well as sun burn  minusculebiggrin
(02-16-2021, 10:39 AM)drussell41 Wrote: https://media.gab.com/system/media_attac...fed54.jpeg

The one with Kathy Griffin was difficult to look at as well.

Something is organically wrong with these individuals.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

When walking in the cold it is breathing the cold air that gets me after a while. I am warm enough and can get too warm if over dressed. I used to skate with no more outerwear on than a sweater, and was always too warm, but I was quickly piling on the jackets and coats after a time or two about the lake.

You are right. You can't take off enough clothes to bet the heat. In fact sometimes the more clothes you have off the hotter it is. I have given it a go or two when it was hot but still cool enough during the day that the skeeter were not out in force, but as @Wallfire said, walking naked in the summer is not a good idea at all. Especially out here in the woods. minusculebiggrin

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(02-17-2021, 05:45 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

When walking in the cold it is breathing the cold air that gets me after a while. I am warm enough and can get too warm if over dressed. I used to skate with no more outerwear on than a sweater, and was always too warm, but I was quickly piling on the jackets and coats after a time or two about the lake.

You are right. You can't take off enough clothes to bet the heat. In fact sometimes the more clothes you have off the hotter it is. I have given it a go or two when it was hot but still cool enough during the day that the skeeter were not out in force, but as @Wallfire said, walking naked in the summer is not a good idea at all. Especially out here in the woods. minusculebiggrin
Im a winter person, I love the cold, its -20c here and I have just come back from a 3k walk. But I have noticed since I got sick I cant handle the cold so well. Because I have low salt in my body I sweat a lot its not nice, but summer has its beauty, the lakes and forests
(02-17-2021, 12:58 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I rather walk this earthly plain as an ugly, fat, bald headed old lady, that enjoys the wonders and the beauty this planet provides, than to pass from here early as beautiful corpse. 

When I was younger, we had a saying - "live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse". I did it wrong, and got stuck here on this miserable rockball.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-17-2021, 05:45 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I have given it a go or two when it was hot but still cool enough during the day that the skeeter were not out in force, but as @Wallfire said, walking naked in the summer is not a good idea at all. Especially out here in the woods. minusculebiggrin

NOW they tell me! AFTER I got all these welts in uncomfortable places!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’