Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly all of us get worse with wear (aging), but holy cow.
https://media.gab.com/system/media_attac...fed54.jpeg
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-16-2021, 11:04 AM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
tinylaughing
She must have some illness the body does not just change so much by its self
Put makeup on a pig, it's still a pig.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(02-16-2021, 10:39 AM)drussell41 Wrote: https://media.gab.com/system/media_attac...fed54.jpeg

to much beetlejuice.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(02-16-2021, 12:36 PM)727Sky Wrote:

time has not been kind to some of those libtards, you'd think other tards would see what being a libtard did to them and would change their evil ways.

some of them are still very fine looking and must not be libtards. or they still gots lots of money and paid to still look good. good thing they didn't turn out like joan rivers did and have to ask if they are smiling like she did.

(02-16-2021, 10:39 AM)drussell41 Wrote: https://media.gab.com/system/media_attac...fed54.jpeg

I once thought of doing a class for teens about realistic expectations and aging.

I used to do home visits. Almost all of my elderly patients had pictures on shelves and walls, that looked like movie stars. I soon stopped asking who the people were in the pictures, it became obvious that it was pictures of them when they were young.

I thought it would be beneficial for teens to have a more realistic view of what they were likely to look like in just a few years, and not to put so much value on the superficial. Well the classes didn't go over very well, just like my classes on Cyber Safety were a big flop, because teens can't see past the here and now, no matter how hard you try.

I have had moments when I knew I was home along, and was startled by the stranger in the mirror, to awaken to the fact, that that stranger was me. I sometimes look like my Aunt that has long past, when I look in the mirror. She was my favorite. She wasn't the beautiful aunt. She was the crazy funny aunt, that you always wanted to be around. So I don't mind that much seeing her in the mirror now and again.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(02-16-2021, 06:44 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I have had moments when I knew I was home along, and was startled by the stranger in the mirror, to awaken to the fact, that that stranger was me. 

that's just CRS syndrome ( Can't Remember Shit ) it happens to most of us.

(02-16-2021, 07:46 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 06:44 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I have had moments when I knew I was home along, and was startled by the stranger in the mirror, to awaken to the fact, that that stranger was me. 

For sure I have CRS syndrome. No doubt about it. But I have to be honest with myself if no one else, that I have gotten old, fat, and I left any good looks I may have had somewhere along the road.

Now I am doing something about the fat thing. I started walking three months ago. I started with doing 1/2 mile, and worked myself up to two miles. I did 2.5 miles today, will be up to three miles by the end of the month.

I was so shocked a few hours ago. One of my neighbors stopped when I was walking on Saturday. Him and his wife were headed out. They stopped and told me how proud they were of me, for sticking with the walking for so long and complimenting me on how good I looked.

So imagine my shock and joy when they stopped by a couple hours ago and gave me a SmartWatch. They said it was to give me the motivation to keep going and to be able to keep better track of my mileage. I swear I have the best neighbors on the planet. We look out for each other, and we share our harvests, but I never expected anything so helpful and supportive. They are truly amazing.

Of course, I am truly committed now. I can't waste their money. tinywondering

• minusculebeercheers 

Ageing is one thing - it's not kind to any of us, some more than others - but that right there looks like the results of a crack pipe conversion kit to me.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-16-2021, 08:22 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

Ageing is one thing - it's not kind to any of us, some more than others - but that right there looks like the results of a crack pipe conversion kit to me.

Yep, serious illness in one form or another.
(02-16-2021, 05:20 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

to much beetlejuice.

I called my husband over to look at it, and the first and only word out of his mouth was, "Beetlejuice."
(02-16-2021, 12:36 PM)727Sky Wrote:

wow
Heart 
(02-16-2021, 06:44 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I once thought of doing a class for teens about realistic expectations and aging.

I used to do home visits. Almost all of my elderly patients had pictures on shelves and walls, that looked like movie stars. I soon stopped asking who the people were in the pictures, it became obvious that it was pictures of them when they were young.

I thought it would be beneficial for teens to have a more realistic view of what they were likely to look like in just a few years, and not to put so much value on the superficial. Well the classes didn't go over very well, just like my classes on Cyber Safety were a big flop, because teens can't see past the here and now, no matter how hard you try.

I have had moments when I knew I was home along, and was startled by the stranger in the mirror, to awaken to the fact, that that stranger was me. I sometimes look like my Aunt that has long past, when I look in the mirror. She was my favorite. She wasn't the beautiful aunt. She was the crazy funny aunt, that you always wanted to be around. So I don't mind that much seeing her in the mirror now and again.

It was so good of you to try.
(02-16-2021, 08:06 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 07:46 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

For sure I have CRS syndrome. No doubt about it. But I have to be honest with myself if no one else, that I have gotten old, fat, and I left any good looks I may have had somewhere along the road.

Now I am doing something about the fat thing. I started walking three months ago. I started with doing 1/2 mile, and worked myself up to two miles. I did 2.5 miles today, will be up to three miles by the end of the month.

I was so shocked a few hours ago. One of my neighbors stopped when I was walking on Saturday. Him and his wife were headed out. They stopped and told me how proud they were of me, for sticking with the walking for so long and complimenting me on how good I looked.

So imagine my shock and joy when they stopped by a couple hours ago and gave me a SmartWatch. They said it was to give me the motivation to keep going and to be able to keep better track of my mileage. I swear I have the best neighbors on the planet. We look out for each other, and we share our harvests, but I never expected anything so helpful and supportive. They are truly amazing.

Of course, I am truly committed now. I can't waste their money. tinywondering

That is AWESOME! Hold on to the commitment!

Same process going on here. Raising the walking mileage little by little. I have no extra weight, but i am in poor shape. And i WANT to get back to the shape i was before August 21st 2020 when the bus hit me and my home became my prison for months.

I am going to make it. I have zero cells of determination within me. But walking fast and walking far gives me pleasure.

Oh, and your neighbors sound like fantastic people! Good thing that their neighbor is great too (you!)
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(02-17-2021, 12:10 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: That is AWESOME! Hold on to the commitment!

Same process going on here. Raising the walking mileage little by little. I have no extra weight, but i am in poor shape. And i WANT to get back to the shape i was before August 21st 2020 when the bus hit me and my home became my prison for months.

I am going to make it. I have zero cells of determination within me. But walking fast and walking far gives me pleasure.

Oh, and your neighbors sound like fantastic people! Good thing that their neighbor is great too (you!)

Indeed I am not at all walking to lose weight. I too am doing it more for endurance, and to build up strength in my muscles and joints.

Crazy thing is, I only lost 2 pounds in three months. I have gone down two sizes though. I don't do the scale thing often. It is too depressing, because the numbers don't move very fast. So I just stick with how my clothes fit, and they are falling off me.

Hang in there with me Finn. We can do this. tinyinlove

• minusculebeercheers 

(02-17-2021, 12:41 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Indeed I am not at all walking to lose weight. I too am doing it more for endurance, and to build up strength in my muscles and joints.

Crazy thing is, I only lost 2 pounds in three months. I have gone down two sizes though. I don't do the scale thing often. It is too depressing, because the numbers don't move very fast. So I just stick with how my clothes fit, and they are falling off me.

It is good to lose weight slowly. If it happens very fast, it is mostly fluids and comes back just as fast. But you know these things already, because you are a professional.

I have never even owned a scale. Uh... for humans... I use my mirror and my clothes to see how the weight thing goes.

Of course we can do this! minusculethumbsup
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(02-17-2021, 12:41 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 12:10 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: That is AWESOME! Hold on to the commitment!

Indeed I am not at all walking to lose weight. I too am doing it more for endurance, and to build up strength in my muscles and joints.

I can't wait till it warms back up and can go hiking again. Been basically stuck at home not doing anything since I was laid of and now retired. I am ready to begin the rest of my life. Might go on a few bigfoot hunts.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere