Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pro-Free Speech Parler Comes Back Online
Quote:Pro-Free Speech Parler Comes Back Online After Big Tech Censors Took Its App, Hosting, Domain A minority of users are still not able to access the site . . .
After just over a month of downtime, Parler is now back online for the majority of users, said interim CEO Mark Meckler. Access should be available for everyone after noon EST when the servers propagate throughout the internet. Around 80% of Parler users that National File spoke to were able to access the site at the time of writing. New users will be able to join the site from next week.

https://nationalfile.com/pro-free-speech...ng-domain/

I must be in the minority, because I'm not getting it yet, it's almost 1pm EST here.

I joined Gab waiting so long.
I'm on GAB. I really Mike Torba, or whatever his name is. He seems like the kind of Patriot I want to support, and I don't have to worry about anyone taking the hosting or servers away from him because he owns them. 

I tried to get on Parler when everyone was getting booted off Twooter, but even as I tried to sign up, they said I was banned. Don't know what that's about, but...  okay. 

I'm on GAB, and a lot of the people I have always followed on Twooter is there now too, so that's my new home for social media.
(02-15-2021, 09:48 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'm on GAB. I really Mike Torba, or whatever his name is. He seems like the kind of Patriot I want to support, and I don't have to worry about anyone taking the hosting or servers away from him because he owns them. 

I tried to get on Parler when everyone was getting booted off Twooter, but even as I tried to sign up, they said I was banned. Don't know what that's about, but...  okay. 

I'm on GAB, and a lot of the people I have always followed on Twooter is there now too, so that's my new home for social media.

Using the same handle there? I'm going under Buck Marsh, my FB and Parlor handles.
(02-15-2021, 11:42 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:48 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'm on GAB. I really Mike Torba, or whatever his name is. He seems like the kind of Patriot I want to support, and I don't have to worry about anyone taking the hosting or servers away from him because he owns them. 

Using the same handle there? I'm going under Buck Marsh, my FB and Parlor handles.

@"Michigan Swamp Buck" , yes, same name.
You don't have a "follow" button on your page @"Michigan Swamp Buck".

ETA: Yes, you do now.  Must have taken time to come up. I just followed you.
(02-15-2021, 11:56 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: You don't have a "follow" button on your page @"Michigan Swamp Buck".

ETA: Yes, you do now.  Must have taken time to come up. I just followed you.

@buck_marsh is my Gab handle, but I see we are now following each other there. Cool.
I have no real proof but its just a feeling that Parler is not as safe a place as many people think it is.
Finally able to log in today. Still not fully functional it seems.
(02-16-2021, 12:03 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I have no real proof but its just a feeling that Parler is not as safe a place as many people think it is.

I have that same feeling.

It started when I tried to create an account there, but could not do so without giving them a cell phone number. They don't need my cell number - hell, I get no signal out here anyhow, so it would be utterly useless to them, even as a tracking device. They can't find what can't connect to the network.

Still, their insistence on one to the point of refusing me an account without it did set me to scratching my head and wondering...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’