Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I want the JAB! Give Me The JAB!
Exclamation 
Disclaimer: I'm sorry, not sorry, if you have come to this thread because of Covid19 vaxxinations ... this was totally bait thread title and you have been had. But seeing you are here now then how about you take a moment to read on and be amazed ...

Explanation: With all the talk about people getting the covid19 vaxxination (its not) and the fact that my news feed keeps me updated on CRISPR/Cas9 stuff regularly, I decided to Prank the RN3 website with this bait title thread when I found the following amazing article ...

CRISPR Offers the Potential to Live Forever, But to What End? Chinese scientists have successfully prolonged the lives of mice by using CRISPR. 

Quote:The CRISPR/Cas 9 study found a gene tied to cellular senescence (which tells cells to stop growing) and also, that CRISPR/Cas9 treatment can make partially dormant the aging process. CRISPR/Cas9 treatment allowed mice to live 25% longer and be physically stronger. Biologists see these results being relatively easy to reproduce on humans in a clinical setting.

Personal Disclosure: Now that is a JAB I'd be willing to take ... just not from the chinese!

So where is my cheap, paid for by the government, CRISPR/Cas9 life extention JAB eh???

Would you take that JAB? 

Live Long and Prosper! minusculebeercheers 

P.S. Thanks for caring about me enough to try and convince me to change my mind by coming to this thread. You Rock!
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
Last time I heard the words in your title, it was a stripper saying them to me...

Is this CRISPR tech working on the telomeres? 'Cause longer telomeres help you live longer. I had mine tested, and they said I should live into my mid-80's, if nothing else killed me off.

"My, Gramps, what a long telomere you have..." - also spoken by a stripper once upon a time... or maybe it was a nurse... or maybe it was just a stripper in a nurse's costume...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-14-2021, 12:04 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote:
Quote:The CRISPR/Cas 9 study found a gene tied to cellular senescence (which tells cells to stop growing) and also, that CRISPR/Cas9 treatment can make partially dormant the aging process. CRISPR/Cas9 treatment allowed mice to live 25% longer and be physically stronger. Biologists see these results being relatively easy to reproduce on humans in a clinical setting.

CRISPR scares me. From the first time I heard of what they have been able to do with it, I saw disaster waiting to happen.

No matter how smart we think we are, there is always something we don't know. Playing around with something as dangerous as CRISPR is like putting a toddler in a cockpit. Even with automatic pilot, no one would think for a second that would be a good idea.

I just don't have enough faith in science or man to trust any human being with that kind of power of genetic manipulation. The one thing as humans that we do well, is screw crap up. Just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should.

I have no desire to extend my life past my expiration date. When it is my time, I am ready.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(02-14-2021, 12:36 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Last time I heard the words in your title, it was a stripper saying them to me...

Is this CRISPR tech working on the telomeres? 'Cause longer telomeres help you live longer. I had mine tested, and they said I should live into my mid-80's, if nothing else killed me off.

"My, Gramps, what a long telomere you have..." - also spoken by a stripper once upon a time... or maybe it was a nurse... or maybe it was just a stripper in a nurse's costume...

Explanation: The answer to your question "Is this CRISPR tech working on the telomeres? 'Cause longer telomeres help you live longer. I had mine tested, and they said I should live into my mid-80's, if nothing else killed me off." ... is YES!

Personal Disclosure: LOL at stripper in a nurses outfit. tinybiggrin You have just given me a niche market business idea!

minusculebeercheers Cheers!
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

It's Just A Ride!
(02-14-2021, 01:47 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 12:04 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote:

CRISPR scares me. From the first time I heard of what they have been able to do with it, I saw disaster waiting to happen.

No matter how smart we think we are, there is always something we don't know. Playing around with something as dangerous as CRISPR is like putting a toddler in a cockpit. Even with automatic pilot, no one would think for a second that would be a good idea.

I just don't have enough faith in science or man to trust any human being with that kind of power of genetic manipulation. The one thing as humans that we do well, is screw crap up. Just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should.

I have no desire to extend my life past my expiration date. When it is my time, I am ready.

Explanation: You have full rights to be scared ok ... everyone should be [everyone should be, as fear makes one more conservative and thats my plan of attack] ... here is why ...

Its The Smell! I Love The Smell Of BioWarfare In The Morning! Deoderizing The Left!

Quote:Mail-Order CRISPR Kits Allow Absolutely Anyone to Hack DNA Experts debate what amateur scientists could accomplish with the powerful DNA editing tool—and whether its ready availability is cause for concern

Quote:Quote:“We aren’t going to get sick, are we?” my roommate Brett asked me. He cringed as I knelt down and stuffed a plate of E. coli bacteria—which came as part of the DIY CRISPR–Cas9 kit I bought online—into our fridge next to cartons of eggs, strawberry jam, bottles of beer and a block of cheese.

“No, we won’t. The label says ‘non-pathogenic,’” I replied, trying to sound assuring. But honestly, I had no clue what I was doing. I nudged all the food up against the fridge wall, and left a two-inch border around the plate of living cells—a no man’s land between the microbes and our dinner. A couple inches probably would not stop the bugs, but I figured it couldn’t hurt.

CRISPR–Cas9 (or CRISPR, for short) has given scientists a powerful way to make precise changes to DNA—in microbes, plants, mice, dogs and even in human cells. The technique may help researchers engineer drought-resistance crops, develop better drugs, cure genetic disorders, eradicate infectious diseases and much more. Ask any biologist, and they’ll likely tell you that CRISPR is revolutionary. It’s cheap and effective, and in many cases, it works much better than older methods for making genetic modifications. Biologists will also tell you that CRISPR is very easy to use.

Memory transferred between snails, challenging standard theory of how the brain remembers

Quote:Quote:Glanzman’s experiments — funded by the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation — involved giving mild electrical shocks to the marine snail Aplysia californica. Shocked snails learn to withdraw their delicate siphons and gills for nearly a minute as a defense when they subsequently receive a weak touch; snails that have not been shocked withdraw only briefly.

The researchers extracted RNA from the nervous systems of snails that had been shocked and injected the material into unshocked snails. RNA’s primary role is to serve as a messenger inside cells, carrying protein-making instructions from its cousin DNA. But when this RNA was injected, these naive snails withdrew their siphons for extended periods of time after a soft touch. Control snails that received injections of RNA from snails that had not received shocks did not withdraw their siphons for as long.

“It’s as if we transferred a memory,” Glanzman said.

Viruses Could Epigenetically Modify a Person’s DNA

Quote:Viruses can cause many different health problems in humans including HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, herpes, and even cancer.  They are an extremely small foreign organism that invade healthy cells, and seek to wreak havoc in a healthy human or animal. Viruses are comprised of either RNA or DNA covered in a protein shell, and cannot reproduce on their own, so they rely on their host to survive.

Once a virus is inside the body, it hijacks the machinery of healthy cells by inserting its own DNA into the cell, allowing the cell to manufacture more of the virus. It turns out that viruses have evolved the ability to do this with virtually no consequence because they can epigenetically inactivate a healthy immune system, not by shutting it down completely, but by muting it, rendering the immune system useless in combating the virus.

Can the Covid-19 Virus Alter Our DNA?

Quote:Viruses and Retroviruses
Viruses, or more accurately retroviruses, play an essential role in gene therapy. This is because of a virus’s ability to penetrate cells and affect changes on a cellular level within the human body.
Viruses are tiny microbes that can infect cells. Once in a cell, they use cellular components to replicate. They can be classified according to several factors, including:
  • the type of genetic material they use (DNA or RNA)
  • the method they use to replicate within the cell
  • their shape or structural features
Retroviruses are a type of virus that use RNA as their genetic material and a special enzyme called reverse transcriptase to translate the virus’s genetic information into DNA.
That DNA can then integrate into the host or your cell’s DNA. At this point, the retrovirus can replicate itself using your cell’s resources.

How COVID-19 can damage the brain Some people who become ill with the coronavirus develop neurological symptoms. Scientists are struggling to understand why. 

Quote:The woman had seen lions and monkeys in her house. She was becoming disoriented and aggressive towards others, and was convinced that her husband was an impostor. She was in her mid-50s — decades older than the age at which psychosis typically develops — and had no psychiatric history. What she did have, however, was COVID-19. Hers was one of the first known cases of someone developing psychosis after contracting the disease

“Neurological manifestations of COVID-19” - guideline of the German society of neurology

Quote:The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic has implications for all areas of medicine. It directly and indirectly affects the care of neurological diseases. SARS-CoV-2 infection may be associated with an increased incidence of neurological manifestations such as encephalopathy and encephalomyelitis, ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhage, anosmia and neuromuscular diseases.

A Private Place Where Viruses Hide!

Quote:A Private Place Where HIV, Zika and Ebola Hide! Testicles protect viruses from immune attack, foiling attempts to destroy the pathogens

Quote: Wrote:Exactly how HIV and other viruses manage to gain entry into the testes and stay, often for years on end, without being detected by the immune system is still being worked out by scientists. The recent Zika and Ebola epidemics brought further urgency to the issue of immune privilege. Reports emerged of patients who had these viruses in their semen months after they were originally infected even though the viruses had been cleared from elsewhere in their bodies. In one of the most extreme cases, Zika virus was detected in the semen of a man in Italy at least 134 days after symptoms of the disease (mainly a fever) first emerged, even though blood and saliva samples showed no trace of the virus. A semen test done at day 188 still showed the presence of virus (his blood and saliva weren’t tested). The testes seem to be a particularly understudied area among immune-privileged sites, which also include the eye and the brain. Human testes are less readily available than other tissue types donated to research, making it tough to validate findings in animal studies. But the dedicated few scientists in the field working with testicular tissue say that the reach of insights gleaned from studying infectious diseases that affect the testes could also help treat diseases affecting other organs, including cancer and diabetes. For now, though, much of the focus is on viruses. “If we don’t learn how [viruses] persist in the testes, then patients will continue to transmit the virus to others and put people at risk,” Routy says.

So male survivors of CoVid19 could become lifelong carriers of the disease and become contagious when their immune system is compromised.

Personal Disclosure: ...

OL's Manifesto: I admit FULL responsibility for the Coronavirus Outbreak!

[Covid19] What I've Done ...

Quote:I can rewrite the brains of the leftist liberal progressive SJW NPC's and make them all totally conservative!!!

I consider the leftist liberal progressive SJW NPC's to be a danger to both me and my species and as such they are totally broken and need fixing ...

Its like the $6 Million Man except for the cost of a CRISPR Kit instead, ... and we can rebuild them, mentally and genetically speaking, instead of cybernetics ...

Quote:Sorry about all the deaths ... that was unintended. I just flushed the 'failed experiment' down the toilet and Oops it seem I am immune and the hot virus has vectored on its own in the wild since then of its own accord. [Can't put the Genie back in the bottle!]

What? Did you think I want to bury 8.5 billion people? WRONG! I just want to hijack everybody's amygdala.

Now, you may be calling me madman? ... BUT ... How can you say what my best interest is?'. What are you trying to say, I'm crazy? When I went to your schools, I went to your churches, I went to your institutional learning facilities! So how can you say I'm crazy?

Personal Disclosure: Son, we live in a world that has leftists, and those leftists have to be mind-controlled by biowarfare viruses. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant SJW? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for China, and you curse the Coronavirus creator. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that the Coronavirus outbreak, while tragic, probably sends a message of don't mess with me; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, sends the message don't mess with me!
Now imagine me making everybody live longer in a viral way ... you catch the cold and hey presto you live 25% longer and get stronger if you survive the cold virus.

Scary prospects indeed! minusculebeercheers

It's Just A Ride!
You can do the same by taking senolytics  ,substances that effect to senescent cells , like quercetin, fisetin, piperlongumine which are all natural .

Not sure do i want to prolong my life minusculethinking , i will probably just get chased and beated by the marxist youth movement if i live too old, and get injected their covid-38 vaccine by force...and after that they will just watch i die miserable death face mask on so i cant even breathe....im sure they will then write to death certificate covid-38 to collect the money from goverment .

The future scares me more than death itself . tinyshocked

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_senescence][/url]