Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Theories and Explanations About the Existence of Ghosts
So is there such things as ghosts? , I dont know for sure, but there is something going on so I keep an open mind, or try to anyway.

Quote:Understanding Ghosts and Why They May Exist
[Image: GettyImages-986717840-5c44993646e0fb00013eadee.jpg]

By 
Stephen Wagner

Updated January 20, 2019

You've seen them depicted in movies, read stories of their unnerving activities, and have seen television shows and documentaries sensationalizing them. You have probably seen rare photos of them and have likely heard of first-hand ghostly encounters from friends and relatives.

But what are ghosts? Truthfully, no one knows for sure.

There are, however, many theories to explain the thousands upon thousands of documented experiences that people around the world have had since the beginning of recorded history. Ghosts and hauntings seem to be a relatively common part of the human experience and there appear to be several types of ghosts or hauntings—more than one theory might be needed to explain them all.

What Are Ghosts?
The traditional view of ghosts is that they are the spirits of dead people that for some reason are "stuck" between this plane of existence and the next, often as a result of some tragedy or trauma. Many ghost hunters and psychics believe that such earth-bound spirits don't know they are dead.

Also known as "intelligent hauntings," these ghosts exist in a kind of limbo state in which they haunt the scenes of their deaths or locations that were pleasant to them in life. Very often, these types of ghosts are able to interact with the living. They are, on some level, aware of the living and react to being seen on the occasions that they materialize. Some psychics claim to be able to communicate with them. And when they do, they often try to help these spirits to understand that they are dead and to move on to the next stage of their existence.

Residual Hauntings
Some ghosts appear to be mere recordings on the environment in which they once existed. A Civil War soldier is seen on repeated occasions staring out a window at a house where he once stood guard. A dead child's laughter is heard echoing in a hallway where she often played. There are even cases of ghost cars and trains that can still be heard and sometimes seen, even though they are long gone. These types of ghosts do not interact with or seem to be aware of the living. Their appearance and actions are always the same. They are like spirit-level recordings that replay over and over again.

Messengers
These kinds of ghosts may be the most common. These spirits usually appear shortly after their deaths to people close to them. They are aware of their deaths and can interact with the living. They most often bring messages of comfort to their loved ones, to say that they are well and happy and not to grieve for them. These ghosts appear briefly and usually only once. It is as if they intentionally return with their messages for the express purpose of helping the living cope with their loss.

Poltergeists
This type of haunting is the most feared by people because it has the greatest ability to affect our physical world. Poltergeists are blamed for unexplained noises, such as wall-banging, rapping, footsteps, and even music. They take our possessions and hide them, only to return them later. They turn on faucets, slam doors, turn lights on and off, and flush toilets. They throw things across rooms. They have been known to pull on people's clothing or hair. The malevolent ones even slap and scratch the living. It is because of these sometimes "mean-spirited" manifestations that poltergeists are considered by some investigators to be demonic in nature.

Projections
Many skeptics believe that haunting experiences are products of the individual's mind. Ghosts, they say, are psychological phenomena; we see them because we expect to or want to see them.

A grieving widow sees her dead husband because she needs to; she needs the comfort of knowing that he is alright and happy in the next world. Her mind produces the experience to help itself cope with the stress of the loss. Since we know so little about the power and capacity of our own minds, it's possible that they can even produce physical manifestations, such as apparitions and noises—projections that even others may be able to see and hear. But they are not "real" in any sense, say the skeptics, just the conjurings of powerful imaginations.

Are there such things as ghosts? The phenomena of ghosts and hauntings are very real experiences. It is their true cause and nature that is the ongoing mystery.

link
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER / FEAR NOT DEATH, BUT FEAR THE WAY YOU WILL DIE
Don't know if they're ghosts, interdimensional or what but there is something.

Ask @kdog about the shenanigans with our new coffee maker last night...
Strange things happening in the castle recently.

Whatever you want to call them the veil between us and them is thinning.
It is said that Heaven , Hell and Earth occupy the same space and are separated by "veils" that prevent us from seeing.
I am not so sure any of us are really ready to see.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I have enough trouble trying to deal with what Is going on in this dimension. I won't be signing up for trips into the world's beyond.  minusculebiggrin

I know what you are speaking off when you speak of shenanigans and the thinning of the veil. I have had my share of events, and they do seem to be increasing.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8192]

Having a keen interest in radio communications, music and art theory and an occult studies phase I went through, I have a few ideas.

When the void was no longer the void, after "I AM" said "Let there be light" and started the big bang, it was a full spectrum of "white light" that created reality. When you consider the rainbow of the visible "White light" spectrum band, it contains all the colors that we can see, with each color being a different frequency (or energy level) with red the lowest and blue the highest. There are many frequency bands of light above and below the white light band that we can't see, like ultra violet or infrared.

These frequency bands spread out into the RF bands like AM, FM, VHS, and what have you. These radio frequencies are all part of the light we can't see. But we can use equipment to send and receive RF signals on numerous frequency bands, tuning in one frequency to the exclusion of others.

Reality is a full spectrum of frequencies at different energy levels. When something generates a "signal" (an event) on a nearby frequency just above or below our frequency level, the waves produce harmonic overtones at lower or higher frequencies and cause interference on our frequency. These overtones are very weak and are mostly unnoticed unless they have "phased" together to become a stronger signal. In music, if a three part harmony vocal is perfect, a forth phantom voice pops out from the interaction of harmonic overtones.

"Spirits" or other entities that rarely materialize on this "plane of existence" can be explained in this way. Even residual hauntings can be explained as information stored on the fabric of space time that gets energized by converging "signals" from nearby realities like our own.

You can explain missing time events this way as well. If a person somehow gets transported into a higher frequency reality, time is compressed so when he returns after a day of going missing, he remembers being gone for months. If it is a lower frequency reality they visit, then time is drawn out, so when he returns to this reality weeks later, he thinks he was only gone for half an hour.

ETA: Astral planes along with heaven and hell can also be explained this way and is in some esoteric material.
Dear @Wallfire 
I have mentioned this before.

My Religious belief is based on Ancestor Worship, this is nothing more than Respecting your Dead (passed on) Ancestors as they are on the other side.
Spirits are Very Real, I have two attached to me, two (2) Aunts from my mother side that are my constant companion's.
Yes, they talk to me and sometimes my husband hears them and yes I can see them when they wish me too.

I call them spirits not ghost because I think there is a difference.
Spirits are usually past family or friends that have become attached to people kind of like their guarding angel or companion and you can feel and hear them when you try.

Ghost are real, they are normally the dead who hasn't for whatever reason (often suicide's) past over and are usually confused about themselves or there could have been very tragic death and then an imprint in time will been seen as the spirit or ghost tragically revisit or relive this very, very tragic or dramatic death.

Now I am going to talk about something that will upset people and I don't want to, but it must be mentioned.
Demons, are not from Hell or Satan's Helpers.
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, but this is what I have been told by my Spirits and other Family Members with their Spirits.

We must remember that Humans were Not the first beings to populate Earth, we must remember that the Nephilim were real. Not every Soul or Spirit will Cross Over to the Other side.
Okay, Okay, Okay,,, I know this is all hard to believe, but all I can pass on is what I have been told and shown.

NO ONE has to believe me, I understand it is strange. 
Yes, I believe in Reincarnation and have been informed by my Aunts of relative's that have returned.

Sadly, some of the troubled souls that have a hard time moving on to the other side are people who had a very traumatic death.

OK, Sorry to have pushed my beliefs on anyone, I believe in Spirits and Ghost because I know some  minusculetongue
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Add to that the fact that, what we see is what our brain provides. Your brain uses data that it already has, to compile an image of what it thinks the eyes are sending it.

Take it from a person that has lived her whole life trying to make sense out of some of the images my brain sends me, when even it is telling me that it is not right.

I have a congenital vision impairment that makes things I am not familiar with, appear in the negative. So I have learned to be skeptical of what my mind sometimes presents to me.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8192]

(02-12-2021, 12:13 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Don't know if they're ghosts, interdimensional or what but there is something.

Ask @kdog about the shenanigans with our new coffee maker last night...
Strange things happening in the castle recently.

Whatever you want to call them the veil between us and them is thinning.
It is said that Heaven , Hell and Earth occupy the same space and are separated by "veils" that prevent us from seeing.
I am not so sure any of us are really ready to see.

Oh, yeah, the coffee maker last night. 

I was sitting in the living room, Deb had already gone to bed, I heard a noise in the kitchen that sounded like bubbling tea on the stove or the coffee maker. She had been in bed for a few hours. I go to the kitchen, the coffee pot is pulled out from the wall and in the middle of the counter. I didn't see any lights on it, and felt the pot. I was hot to the touch. I left it alone because she sometimes wakes up wanting a cup of coffee. She never did. The next day she asked why the coffee maker was where it was. I had no idea, I thought she did it.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
@kdog 

Someone wanted a cup of joe!

Perhaps you should leave a cup with freshly brewed coffee out when you go to bed.  See if it is gone the following morning ...

I leave cups of coffee out for a while on the birthdays of my (passed away) parents.  Never seen it disturbed, though.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(02-12-2021, 05:04 PM)guohua Wrote: Dear @Wallfire 
I have mentioned this before.

My Religious belief is based on Ancestor Worship, this is nothing more than Respecting your Dead (passed on) Ancestors as they are on the other side.
Spirits are Very Real, I have two attached to me, two (2) Aunts from my mother side that are my constant companion's.
Yes, they talk to me and sometimes my husband hears them and yes I can see them when they wish me too.

I call them spirits not ghost because I think there is a difference.
Spirits are usually past family or friends that have become attached to people kind of like their guarding angel or companion and you can feel and hear them when you try.

Ghost are real, they are normally the dead who hasn't for whatever reason (often suicide's) past over and are usually confused about themselves or there could have been very tragic death and then an imprint in time will been seen as the spirit or ghost tragically revisit or relive this very, very tragic or dramatic death.

Now I am going to talk about something that will upset people and I don't want to, but it must be mentioned.
Demons, are not from Hell or Satan's Helpers.
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, but this is what I have been told by my Spirits and other Family Members with their Spirits.

We must remember that Humans were Not the first beings to populate Earth, we must remember that the Nephilim were real. Not every Soul or Spirit will Cross Over to the Other side.
Okay, Okay, Okay,,, I know this is all hard to believe, but all I can pass on is what I have been told and shown.

NO ONE has to believe me, I understand it is strange. 
Yes, I believe in Reincarnation and have been informed by my Aunts of relative's that have returned.

Sadly, some of the troubled souls that have a hard time moving on to the other side are people who had a very traumatic death.

OK, Sorry to have pushed my beliefs on anyone, I believe in Spirits and Ghost because I know some  minusculetongue

You have insight to so many things  minusculebeercheers
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER / FEAR NOT DEATH, BUT FEAR THE WAY YOU WILL DIE