Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lets STOP With The Mask Charade Masquerade! Designing A New Medical Mask!
Thumbs Up 
(08-17-2020, 08:34 AM)gordi Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 07:07 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: A virus is much smaller than any spit or globs of mucus that can't penetrate a mask.  Even doctors have come out and said that these types of masks don't prevent a virus from penetrating it. 

RDoctorD went into detail showing how a virus can go through these types of masks with documents proving it.  If anyone is interested, go watch his video from a few weeks ago when the mask argument was at it's peak.

I was hoping that you'd say that @"Mystic Wanderer" !

Can you show me the mechanisms that you are aware of, that virus's use to travel from host to host?

I'll save you the trouble...
They are transferred from host to host by:
Direct contact (touching, hand-shaking, kissing, exchange of bodily fluids etc),
Indirect/Surface contact (where a host touches a surface and leaves traces of the virus on a surface which is then touched by the new host),
and by Transfer of respiratory droplets, (coughing, sneezing, talking/shouting/singing).
(Also, possibly/potentially by airborne transmission via some form of aerosol.)

In summary, to catch the virus, you have to come into contact with it.
It does not spread on its own, nor does not travel on its own.
It needs a transport mechanism to allow its transfer from host to host.
In most cases this is respiratory droplets.

It is true that (in theory) the size of a single virus means that it could pass through a cloth mask. But the virus cannot travel on its own. It does not have the means to move! It needs US to cough, sneeze, shake hands etc to enable its transfer. (That's why we should wash hands, and clean contact surfaces regularly too.)
If the virus is caught on a mask (within respiratory droplets), the "new" host would have to come into contact with the old host's mask in order to catch the virus!

The masks DO NOT stop the virus. They are not designed to do this.
They STOP the respiratory droplets that transfer the virus.
Without a transport mechanism, the virus can't travel.

A simple analogy would be that If a mail train broke down, its mail wouldn't be delivered to the destination (despite being able to fit through the doors/windows of the train).

As demonstrated in the (humorous) video that I linked...
A simple cloth mask will greatly reduce the amount of respiratory droplets that are released when a host is talking, breathing, coughing, sneezing etc
This greatly reduces the potential Transfer of the Virus by removing its primary mode of transport.

*NB - All re-usable cloth masks should be washed regularly to remove the respiratory droplets and potential viral contaminants.

kindest regards,
G
And it's simple as what "@gordi" has outlined.  Really not that hard

Regards,

Bally:)
I think I'll stick to what the doctors and this anesthesiologist have to say about masks. 

However, this point may be redundant based on what the Italians (I believe it was) discovered during their autopsies of people who died with CV.
They discovered this isn't a virus at all, but a bacterial infection that causes blood clots in the arteries and the lungs. That's why people can't breath when it reaches the final stages. I posted this with sources in another thread here somewhere.

Anesthesiologist Ted Noel — Masks don’t work…

(08-17-2020, 04:52 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I think I'll stick to what the doctors and this anesthesiologist have to say about masks. 

However, this point may be redundant based on what the Italians (I believe it was) discovered during their autopsies of people who died with CV.
They discovered this isn't a virus at all, but a bacterial infection that causes blood clots in the arteries and the lungs. That's why people can't breath when it reaches the final stages. I posted this with sources in another thread here somewhere.

Anesthesiologist Ted Noel — Masks don’t work…

Hi Mystic,

As mentioned previously...
The masks aren't designed to stop "particles the size of the virus", nor are they designed to stop "vape aerosol particles, the same size or larger")
They are designed to reduce the number of exhaled respiratory droplets (which may contain the virus) from getting out into the air which is then potentially inhaled by everyone else.

Many studies have been done which prove beyond any reasonable doubt that masks can and do reduce the number of exhaled respiratory droplets being spread.

Here is an extract from an article which appeared in "The Lancet" (The World-Leading Medical Journal).

Source: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanre...4/fulltext

In the section "Masks to prevent transmission from the wearer"
Quote:"Although surgical masks offer little protection from inhaled agents, they have a role in protecting health-care workers when worn by patients.... More recently, surgical masks effectively reduced large droplets (>5 μm) of seasonal coronaviruses from three of ten patients to 0 of 11 (p=0·09) and small aerosols (<5 μm) from four of ten patients to 0 of 11 (p=0·04)... There is mounting evidence suggesting that the wearing of masks can reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in community and health-care settings."

I think we can all probably agree that The Lancet is an appropriate and respected source for well-researched, neutral and unbiased information?

Can you say the same for the "Citizen Free press"?
or the guy in the video - Dr Ted Noel? (Did you know that Ted (Theodore) Noel's actual medical certification was just an "American Board of Anesthesiology Certification in Anesthesiology"  and he had a patient review rating of 2 stars!    https://www.zocdoc.com/doctor/theodore-noel-md and https://www.sharecare.com/doctor/dr-theodore-a-noel )
Or that he has a long history of posting a string of pro-right / pro-Trump, anti-Dem / anti-Clinton videos?   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI2FhX0...3bw/videos

Do you consider these to be valid, neutral, unbiased sources? or ones which maybe already have an agenda?

kindest regards,
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(08-16-2020, 08:30 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Yup, they're pretty much just to make the sheep feel safe.  At my work were required to wear anything resembling a mask, even a handkerchief you can pretty much see through.  They don't do shit, but let's all suffer in the 90 degree heat so morons can feel safe. 

I think I'll start wearing this one to work:

[Image: leather-alien-facehugger-face-mask-thumbnail.jpg]

I want one tinybigeyes
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(08-17-2020, 10:43 PM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 08:30 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Yup, they're pretty much just to make the sheep feel safe.  At my work were required to wear anything resembling a mask, even a handkerchief you can pretty much see through.  They don't do shit, but let's all suffer in the 90 degree heat so morons can feel safe. 

[Image: leather-alien-facehugger-face-mask-thumbnail.jpg]

I want one tinybigeyes

Me too, but without a doubt the cucks at work would find some reason to bitch about it and make me take it off.  Probably something along the lines of "the masks are required to make everyone feel safe.  Your masking isn't making everyone feel safe."
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
Explanation: Uhm @"Mystic Wanderer" and @"gordi"

Newly Designed Nanowire Material For Face Masks Can Actually Destroy Pathogens

Quote:The benefits of wearing face masks to help slow the spread of COVID-19 are now well understood, but scientists are still searching for better materials to use – and a filter 'paper' made up of titanium oxide nanowires is showing a lot of promise.

The new material is so good at trapping pathogens, and destroying them when ultraviolet light is applied, it could also be used in air conditioning units and ventilation systems, according to the developers.

While the nanowire-based mask looks as though it's made from regular filter paper, it brings extra antibacterial and antiviral properties to the material, making it far more effective at eliminating germs – and making it reusable, too.

"Since our filter is exceptionally good at absorbing moisture, it can trap droplets that carry viruses and bacteria," says physicist László Forró, from the Laboratory of Physics of Complex Matter at EPFL in Switzerland.

"This creates a favourable environment for the oxidation process, which is triggered by light."

The photocatalytic properties of titanium dioxide are key – when ultraviolet light hits the mask, its fibres convert moisture held in the nanowires into oxidising agents (including hydrogen peroxide), which then have the potential to destroy pathogens upon contact.

In experiments on the material, the team showed how the filter could destroy Escherichia coli bacteria and degrade strands of DNA, essentially wiping out dangerous microorganisms in the mask itself.

Please read the FULL article linked above ok.

@"Ninurta"

As for neck seal requirement for the helmet ... I disagree and feel that a POSITIVE pressure environment which expels air out around the neckline and keeps the outside air out and acts as an air conditioning unit to heat or cool the person wearing it. In other words I am fine for outward going leaks of air.

@"Bally002"

That have being said ... I however agree that the 3d face scanning is NOT required as much as I desire it.

Here is why ...

Is 3D Printing with rubber possible?

Personal Disclosure:  @ Everyone ...

The incoming air needs to be properly filtered and decontaminated BUT the expelled air could also be refiltered and decontaminated before being exhausted ... I particularly liked the face hugger mask design with the over the shoulder breathing exhaust airhose tail which can easily be adapted to house a filtering system.

Please let me know how you feel about the above information that I have supplied ok?

Cheers minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(08-17-2020, 11:58 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 10:43 PM)Moonmagic Wrote:

I want one tinybigeyes

Me too, but without a doubt the cucks at work would find some reason to bitch about it and make me take it off.  Probably something along the lines of "the masks are required to make everyone feel safe.  Your masking isn't making everyone feel safe."

Translation: "We're all jealous that you have way cooler ideas than we do.  Let's all be equal ... equally mediocre."
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Forget the mask. Hunker down. Don't do their evil work for them.I saw the movie! They are just terra forming for our evil overlords.

We are screwing it up with all the CO2 we are dumping in the air. It makes it hard for them to breathe. Screwing with the ozone layer, then wiping out the trees was not enough. So they are going directly to the source.

We were put in slaves camps before, to build those darn pyramids. They just need a couple of us around as pets and slave workers. The females like carrying us around, there are even a few hieroglyphs showing us sitting on their laps, I think. I even think there is a cookbook somewhere they dug about with cool recipes on how to serve us up.

Okay. I am fully awake now. That dream I had was wild. I think the doom and gloom of six weeks of pouring rain, has me looking for the building site of the ark and my brain filled in the rest.

Time to take the dogs out and do battle with the pres-trike team. Those darn micro drone things they use, that we affectionately call mosquitoes.  

Seriously. Good morning my fellow Rogues.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(08-17-2020, 12:40 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 11:46 PM)RickyD Wrote: My novel idea is to stop coddling your immune system...then you don't need a mask. Your immune system needs to have exposure to germs to learn to fight them. If you don't get exposure to germs often enough the immune system has issues "remembering" how to fight some viruses and in same cases as with a novel virus has no idea how to fight it at all.

So remember masks and constant sanitizing everything makes us all weaker in the long run, and not just to covid.

i'm a big fan of the heard mentality to. that's one reason i it kinda burns my ass with helicopter parents. never letting their kids play in the dirt or crawl on floor that hadn't been mopped 30 mins before hand and  whole list of other stuff that helps the immune system grow.
I never minded getting dirty as a kid and all that, but my older brother was the exact opposite as a kid. My parents, one of whom is a nurse, decided that wasn't healthy for him...so one night about 2-3hrs before dinner they walked him outside to the sand box and handed him a bottle of syrup. They told him he wasn't allowed to come in for dinner until he got dirty. After a good showerhe had dinner and lost a lot of his getting dirty phobia.
(08-19-2020, 09:37 PM)RickyD Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 12:40 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 11:46 PM)RickyD Wrote: My novel idea is to stop coddling your immune system...then you don't need a mask. Your immune system needs to have exposure to germs to learn to fight them. If you don't get exposure to germs often enough the immune system has issues "remembering" how to fight some viruses and in same cases as with a novel virus has no idea how to fight it at all.

So remember masks and constant sanitizing everything makes us all weaker in the long run, and not just to covid.

i'm a big fan of the heard mentality to. that's one reason i it kinda burns my ass with helicopter parents. never letting their kids play in the dirt or crawl on floor that hadn't been mopped 30 mins before hand and  whole list of other stuff that helps the immune system grow.
I never minded getting dirty as a kid and all that, but my older brother was the exact opposite as a kid. My parents, one of whom is a nurse, decided that wasn't healthy for him...so one night about 2-3hrs before dinner they walked him outside to the sand box and handed him a bottle of syrup. They told him he wasn't allowed to come in for dinner until he got dirty. After a good showerhe had dinner and lost a lot of his getting dirty phobia.

me and my brothers were always rolling in the dirt getting in all kinds of stuff. we were hardly ever sick. but my middle brother's daughter his 2nd child he was a helicopter parent with her. his first child he wasn't as bad as he was with her. she has had all kinds of illnesses, but now at 13 she is about out grown that. funny though it was only after she started hanging out playing with other kids outside in the yard, football field and other outdoor activities that she stopped getting sick so much.

my two hardly ever got sick when they were growing up, but as i said i let them play and get hurt when they were young.
Explanation: 2021 UPDATE! ...

https://www.vyzrtech.com/products/biovyzr

[Image: Pod-People-Suit.png]

Personal Disclosure: Looks like somebody came up with a workable solution!

Quote:FEATURES
  • Anti-Fogging Face Shield with High Optical Clarity
  • 2 Peripheral Side Windows for Enhanced Visibility
  • Easy to Clean Exterior Silicone Surface 
  • Fitted Neoprene Vest with Front and Back Pocket
  • Two Adjustable Side Straps with Duraflex Buckles
  • Reversible Gloves to Safely Touch Face
  • Two fans last up to 8 hours when used with a 10,000 mAh Power Bank (power bank currently not included)
  • Quiet fan with 3 airflow settings
  • Includes 1 pack of 10 Filter Refills
  • Available in 3 Adult Sizes (Small, Medium, and Large)
  • Lightweight and Durable Construction
  • Easy to Wear, Remove, and Store
SPECIFICATIONS
  • Materials: Silicone, Neoprene, Vinyl
  • Weather Resistant
  • Air Filters with 95% Filtration
  • Dimensions: 28" x 20" x 14"
  • Weight: 2.25 kg (with power bank)
  • Product care: See Care & Safety Instructions
WHERE TO USE IT
  • Crowded public spaces
  • Indoor Environments
  • Trips and Travel
  • Public Transport (Subway, Train, Bus)
  • School and University Classrooms
  • Work, Meetings, and the Office
  • Social gatherings and functions
  • Events and Conferences
  • Group Recreation and Activities
  • Places where social distancing is not possible.
Costs $379 PLUS shipping!

Firstly I note it doesn't exactly tick all the boxes I started out with but I think it seems to be a workable usable solution!

It cost less than $500 and its washable and wearable for long periods of time and totally performs the function of a mask.

Would my fellow rogues buy and use this item?

I would buy it if I could afford it ... $500 is a little steep for me but it looks like it would last many years and that makes it highly attractive worthy item IMO.

I would also wear it even though it looks unfashionable.

P.S. Anybody else getting a Darth Helmet feel from the picture?

[Image: rick_moranis_spaceballs.png?offset-y=0]

Pod People Unite! minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
OK Friends, it's the day after, my last shot administered at the VA Clinic in Hamlet NC. 

After..... say four or five hours later my arm was sore. The outward side of my arm. Later in the evening it became a nuisance, with about twice the pain. Mind you it was fully manageable and if you were paying attention elsewhere or on a task you might have overlooked it all together. My neuropathy which I already have previously seemed lessened slightly. This morning, it's back to it's old self and the shoulder pain is creeping up my neck. Minuscule but present just the same.  Sleepy...... I can't seem to shake that, I slept most of the day of the shot, yesterday. This time at Micky-D's I got a LARGE coffee, black.   ...HAD TO.........ugggg

That's about all I  have to report. More as it comes, if it comes. 
(03-25-2021, 02:51 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: OK Friends, it's the day after, my last shot administered at the VA Clinic in Hamlet NC. 

After..... say four or five hours later my arm was sore. The outward side of my arm. Later in the evening it became a nuisance, with about twice the pain. Mind you it was fully manageable and if you were paying attention elsewhere or on a task you might have overlooked it all together. My neuropathy which I already have previously seemed lessened slightly. This morning, it's back to it's old self and the shoulder pain is creeping up my neck. Minuscule but present just the same.  Sleepy...... I can't seem to shake that, I slept most of the day of the shot, yesterday. This time at Micky-D's I got a LARGE coffee, black.   ...HAD TO.........ugggg

That's about all I  have to report. More as it comes, if it comes. 

Hang on in there  minusculebeercheers