Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alien-like chatter of world’s deepest lake as photographer shares eerie sounds of new
This is something I never got round to. I do remember walking in midwinter along the sea shore at night, and the moans and groans of the ice were so strange. It was like some monster was alive

Quote:By The Siberian Times reporter  link

08 February 2021
Alexey Kolganov films himself skating on transparent ice of lake Baikal, as new cracks form under his skates.
[Image: information_items_7954.jpg]
Alien-like chatter of world’s deepest lake as photographer shares eerie sounds of newly-formed ice. Picture: Alexey Kolganov
Irkutsk photographer shared a recording of his recent skating trip around Lake Baikal to help anyone planning to experience this wonder of the world in winter and get ready for the scary feeling of depth under transparent ice shell.
Most surprising is the unexpected, cosmic sound. 
‘The video shows cracks forming as I skate. Watch it to prevent phobias, with sound on, twice before bedtime a week before your planned trip to Baikal’- he jokingly wrote in the caption to the video. 
A keen skater Alexey, 36, explained that he slowed down the recording and amplified the volume to ‘convey what the sounds are like to a human ear when a person skates, or walks on ice

A keen skater Alexey, 36, explained that he slowed down the recording and amplified the volume to ‘convey what the sounds are like to a human ear when a person skates, or walks on ice. 
‘Otherwise it is impossible to catch it with a microphone of an ordinary camera’, he explained to The Siberian Times.
He didn’t want to say where exactly the video was made on a lake larger in size than Belgium, except that it was far from popular tourist areas. 
‘Honestly this is not something extraordinary… you hear these sounds everywhere on the lake, you just need to move away from tourist paths, and listen to this endlessly’, he said.
The ice of Lake Baikal has just recently formed in some of its bays and in the area known as Maloe More. 
The local Ministry of Emergencies officials have issued several warnings to residents and tourists that the ice isn’t stable yet due to the recent spell of warm weather, and a series of earthquakes. 
[Image: st2.jpg]

[Image: st3.jpg]

[Image: st4.jpg]

[Image: st5.jpg]

[Image: st6.jpg]

[Image: st7.jpg]

[Image: st8.jpg]
Winter Lake Baikal, the world's oldest and deepest. Pictures: Alexey Kolganov

As Alexey skates, the ice cracks under his feet giving a feeling that he is just about to fall through. 
In fact there is half a metre of transparent frozen water separating him from the chilly depths of Baikal, while cracks seen on the video form right near the surface and pose no danger. 
‘Thanks for sharing this! Now I’ve got a phobia!- said one of the people who wanted the video. 
‘It sounds like a scene from Star Wars’, said another comment.
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER / FEAR NOT DEATH, BUT FEAR THE WAY YOU WILL DIE
One or two Vaaaaaaaboom would clear me out in a big hurry. Lake Baikal surely holds some secrets of our ancient history and civilizations. Now just locating them. Surely there is evidences of times gone before, Civilization, industrial, religious, tectonic.
@Wallfire 
CoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL,,,,,, Article.

That is strange. What else is down there that can not be heard?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@Wallfire 
I think this video mentions the Lake in your article.

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]