Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19
According to this article on the NIH website if you've already had Covid-19 chances are that you don't need to get the vaccine at all. Even six to eight months after recovering from the virus patients still mostly had immunity, though it was slightly declining at that stage.

Quote:The researchers found durable immune responses in the majority of people studied. Antibodies against the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, which the virus uses to get inside cells, were found in 98% of participants one month after symptom onset. As seen in previous studies, the number of antibodies ranged widely between individuals. But, promisingly, their levels remained fairly stable over time, declining only modestly at 6 to 8 months after infection.

Linky:
National Institutes of Health
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I'll just stick to this if I get it again: HCQ 400mg, Zinc 50mg, Vit C 1000mg, and Vit D3. Take twice a day.
(01-31-2021, 11:37 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'll just stick to this if I get it again: HCQ 400mg, Zinc 50mg, Vit C 1000mg, and Vit D3. Take twice a day.

Oddly, just yesterday I asked a medical professional around here how best to get hold of a supply of HCQ. The response was "order it directly from China, or maybe India, on the Dark Web".

That's a little worrisome....

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-31-2021, 11:37 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'll just stick to this if I get it again: HCQ 400mg, Zinc 50mg, Vit C 1000mg, and Vit D3. Take twice a day.

We had it before it was even supposed to be in the US, caught it at a music festival. Doctor couldn't identify it after swabbing for flu and pneumonia. He asked me if I had COPD because he said I had some lung damage. He said whatever it was it was spreading through our area like wildfire, and his best guess at diagnosis was Human Para Influenza (kennel cough for humans)- and that was after consulting with every other doctor at the urgent care. They didn't have a clue.

He prescribed me albuterol, benzonatate, cetirizine, and methylPREDNISolone. It fixed me up, but the cough and fuzzy head went on for nearly 6 months after.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
(02-01-2021, 12:26 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

Oddly, just yesterday I asked a medical professional around here how best to get hold of a supply of HCQ. The response was "order it directly from China, or maybe India, on the Dark Web".

When I lived in El Paso, we used to go across the border for all kinds of medicines. All the regular type mind you. But ones they don't sell here or are a zillion dollars. 

There was one for coughs that worked fantastically. Bronco- something. Probably had diesel fuel and heroine in it, but it totally killed the coughs. Amazing stuff.  

With COVID now and travel tighter than anything, medical supply runs across the boarder are probably out of the question. Shame.
I read earlyer article which says, that they tested people who were diagnosed having the SARS back in 2003 or so....and they still had antibodies in them after 13-17 Years from it. I dont remember the source now.

I dont personnally believe SARS , or this new supposed bug....I dont see it is the root cause why people get sick. This newer version now is partly generated by computer, they had some RNA sequencys from test subject , and they used it just as a starting point, the rest is made with new generation computer tech as far i undersstand. That´s too much for most people to believe, but wanted to mention.

No isolation done with SARS, MERS or with this new supposed bug...it`s magic.

How/where do you think you'll be able to get HCQ?

No kidding.

Are you going to do it anyway?

I thought my respect for the medical community couldn't get any lower *before* this pandemic.  I was wrong.
(01-31-2021, 10:36 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: According to this article on the NIH website if you've already had Covid-19 chances are that you don't need to get the vaccine at all. Even six to eight months after recovering from the virus patients still mostly had immunity, though it was slightly declining at that stage.

Quote:The researchers found durable immune responses in the majority of people studied. Antibodies against the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, which the virus uses to get inside cells, were found in 98% of participants one month after symptom onset. As seen in previous studies, the number of antibodies ranged widely between individuals. But, promisingly, their levels remained fairly stable over time, declining only modestly at 6 to 8 months after infection.

Linky:
National Institutes of Health

That's good news!
(02-01-2021, 09:05 AM)drussell41 Wrote:

I don't know about the rest of the country but my step-mother has been taking HCQ for years, prescribed by her doctor. She has never had any problems getting her prescription filled, even recently. That is in SE Texas. 
(02-01-2021, 01:59 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:

I don't know about the rest of the country but my step-mother has been taking HCQ for years, prescribed by her doctor. She has never had any problems getting her prescription filled, even recently. That is in SE Texas. 

Does she have a chronic disease or ????
(02-01-2021, 03:05 PM)drussell41 Wrote:

She does, but my dad doesn't and just asked and his doctor prescribed some for him. He only has it as a "just in case" supply.
(02-01-2021, 03:22 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 03:05 PM)drussell41 Wrote:

She does, but my dad doesn't and just asked and his doctor prescribed some for him. He only has it as a "just in case" supply.

Geez, I wish I knew a physician like that.
(02-01-2021, 09:08 AM)drussell41 Wrote:

No kidding.

Are you going to do it anyway?

I thought my respect for the medical community couldn't get any lower *before* this pandemic.  I was wrong.

Nope. For one thing, the CCP gave us this virus, so I'm not real big on medical components coming out of their lair right now, and for another - yeah, that's all I need, a rap as an international drug smuggler. No thanks!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-01-2021, 03:22 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: She does, but my dad doesn't and just asked and his doctor prescribed some for him. He only has it as a "just in case" supply.

It's hard to get them to prescribe even stuff you need immediately around here. The government has all the doctors running scared here, and in fear for their practices. Opioid epidemic and all that. The government is sniffing around doctor offices like the Wrath of God, snatching licenses for the most pedestrian of things, so they're reluctant to even prescribe an aspirin for a headache. Anything stronger than an aspirin takes an act of Congress.

So what we have is a large population of old folks that just have to suck it up and hurt all the time.

We're tough, we can take it.

I just make my own out of black willow bark. If we had cinchoa trees, I'd have it made for a HCQ substitute. But we don't.

If it is too difficult to get HCQ, or cant get it all, you can basically do the same trick with other 2 ionophore`s...green tea and quercetin.

Ionophore, shuttles zinc into the cell, and there’s compelling evidence to suggest the primary benefit of the HCQ protocol actually comes from the zinc.

This then makes zinc+green tea+quercetin a weapon smallmachinegun , add nice amount of daily vitamin d3 and you allready have nice combo for prevention.

My other favorite is to take daily NAC , my normal everyday dosage is 2x600mg , i have sometimes taked other 2x600mg in the evening if need. NAC helps keep lungs in better shape, and help body make glutathione .
(02-01-2021, 04:27 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 03:22 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: She does, but my dad doesn't and just asked and his doctor prescribed some for him. He only has it as a "just in case" supply.

It's hard to get them to prescribe even stuff you need immediately around here. The government has all the doctors running scared here, and in fear for their practices. Opioid epidemic and all that. The government is sniffing around doctor offices like the Wrath of God, snatching licenses for the most pedestrian of things, so they're reluctant to even prescribe an aspirin for a headache. Anything stronger than an aspirin takes an act of Congress.

So what we have is a large population of old folks that just have to suck it up and hurt all the time.

We're tough, we can take it.

I just make my own out of black willow bark. If we had cinchoa trees, I'd have it made for a HCQ substitute. But we don't.

Same here! Because of the Opioid crisis (an EXTREMELY real thing in Kentucky) it takes an act of Congress and blood of a firstborn child just to get some Tylenol 3- which isn't strong enough to numb any kind of moderate pain. I have a herniated disc and 2 bulging discs in my neck and De Quervain's tenosynovitis and I only take regular extra strength Tylenol. 

Getting old ain't for pussies y'all!