Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden is even stealing music from Finland
Seems that Finland might be going to war  minusculebonker

Quote:[Image: 1611650249?format=auto]
Parts of Jean Sibelius Finlandia may have been played under a false flag during Joe Biden's presidential inauguration. Photo: TT
Biden's presidential installation may have violated Finnish copyright
UPDATED TODAY 11:01PUBLISHED TODAY 10:17
Parts of the piece Finlandia by Finnish composer Jean Sibelius were played under a different name during the presidential inauguration in Washington last week. This is claimed by our neighboring country in the east, which now has its copyright organization Teosto investigating the matter.
Ryan J Nowlin's piece Godspeed - that's what the Marine Corps orchestra played during Joe Biden's presidential inauguration, at least if you can believe the program sheet. But the piece has in some places great similarities with Jean Sibelius Finlandia.
- It is clear that it is Finland, no talk about it, says Johan Korsell, host of Musikrevyn in P2 to Musikguiden in P3.
Finlandia is one of Sibelius' most famous works and was composed in 1900 as a protest against Russia's attempt to curtail the autonomy of the Grand Duchy of Finland. Finland has since gained great symbolic value in terms of Finnish independence.
Finland's copyright expires in 2027
link

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER / FEAR NOT DEATH, BUT FEAR THE WAY YOU WILL DIE
After his search to rally the young with cool music and failing, Traitor-Joe will just be mentioned as an old nincompoop about as remarkable as the Thunderbirds...
[Image: huK1nXc.jpg]

[Image: d054a9c771f3c5a1e4e0609d4daa5068.jpg]

Finland is to join a growing club it seems.

Biden started right out of the gate by pissing off Canada, reneging on a promise the US made to Canada that has cost them billions, then snatching back permissions for the pipeline. Now Canada is about to sue the US over it, and I can't blame them. Any country, the US included, is only as good as it's word is strong, and Biden is taking that down by several notches daily. He is demonstrating that the US can not be trusted to keep it's word.

Trump brokered a massive breakout of peace in the Middle East. Biden has immediately set about destroying ME peace, and destailizing the entire area. Israel is a little edgy and unhappy at the prospect of renewed war in it's back yard, instigated by Joe Biden's America. I think they WERE a little relieved at the breakout of peace before Old Joe came along and fixed that for them.

Saudi Arabia is sure to be a wee bit miffed as well, now that Lyin' Biden has come along and jumped back under the covers with Iran, their mortal enemy, and got all giggly with Iran, playing an international game of slap-n-tickle with the Mad Mullahs.

And now he has pissed off Finland as well, by misappropriating their culture for his own twisted gain.

Who's next? Which ally is he going to alienate tomorrow? We can bet it won't be China, but it appears everywhere else on Earth is fair game for him.

Not an auspicious beginning, Joe. Not auspicious at all. Not even a little bit.

“The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people.”

-Aldous Huxley

-- Got mask? Just sayin'...

from what i can find Nolan wrote this in 2018,  as a tribute to John Glen and has been played publicly several times. seems to me that someone would have noticed if it does use  part of  Finlanfia  before now.

Quote:Even before Captain Ryan Nowlin started writing “Godspeed, John Glenn,” he knew he would not be able to condense the late Ohio senator, astronaut, and veteran’s complex life into a single, 11-minute band piece.

“It was impossible, it is impossible, and I didn’t—it was too much,” said Nowlin, who currently serves as assistant director of “The President’s Own” United States Marine Band. “When I think of him, I think of what he has accomplished, what he has done and what he has stood for, how he served his country from start to finish, and that sense of patriotism and loyalty. That is what I wanted to capture.”

link: Muskingum Band Honors John Glenn with Specially Commissioned Composition

not only that it may also fall in  public domain in the U.S.
Quote:Finlandia, Op.26 (Sibelius, Jean)
It is very unlikely that this work is public domain in the EU, or in any country where the copyright term is life-plus-70 years. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and other countries where the term is life-plus-50 years (such as China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide). As this work was first published before 1926 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright with no "restoration" under the GATT amendments, it's very likely to be public domain in the U.S. as well
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.

Finlandia, Op.26 (Sibelius, Jean)

i'm kinda thinking tuff rocko's.

not that i support bi den, if anyone shoulf be pissed it's the composer and Glenns family for a POS to use a tribute to a real greart amercian hero in his illegitimate inaguaratiion.
"it seems to me, that i could live my life a lot better than i think i am"

the working man

(01-26-2021, 07:19 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: not that i support bi den, if anyone shoulf be pissed it's the composer and Glenns family for a POS to use a tribute to a real greart amercian hero in his illegitimate inaguaratiion.

I'm thinking the Swedish article had it right with "installation" instead of "inauguration". Presidents are inaugurated. Puppets and usurpers are merely installed.

To be honest, I'm not sure how international copyright law works. It would make more sense to me to have any particular item fall under the copyright law of it's country of origin. Otherwise, with all the various copyright terms around the world, it would necessarily fall under the law of whichever country had to shortest term, and some of them have none at all. You could, theoretically, nullify any and all copyrights by performing the theft in whichever country was most lenient.

Maybe something the international copyright lawyers should look into.

BUT, for purposes of international relations, which Jao Bai Den promised to strengthen, it's piss poor form to piss off allies, regardless of the twists and turns, the legal hoops you have to jump through, in order to piss them off in the first place. Stable international relations, in general, involve NOT pissing off the very people you claim as "friends".

Maybe Ol' Jao made low marks in his "how to win allies and maintain friendships" module at Politician School?

“The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people.”

-Aldous Huxley

(01-26-2021, 07:47 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 07:19 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: not that i support bi den, if anyone shoulf be pissed it's the composer and Glenns family for a POS to use a tribute to a real greart amercian hero in his illegitimate inaguaratiion.

I'm thinking the Swedish article had it right with "installation" instead of "inauguration". Presidents are inaugurated. Puppets and usurpers are merely installed.

To be honest, I'm not sure how international copyright law works. It would make more sense to me to have any particular item fall under the copyright law of it's country of origin. Otherwise, with all the various copyright terms around the world, it would necessarily fall under the law of whichever country had to shortest term, and some of them have none at all. You could, theoretically, nullify any and all copyrights by performing the theft in whichever country was most lenient.

Maybe something the international copyright lawyers should look into.

BUT, for purposes of international relations, which Jao Bai Den promised to strengthen, it's piss poor form to piss off allies, regardless of the twists and turns, the legal hoops you have to jump through, in order to piss them off in the first place. Stable international relations, in general, involve NOT pissing off the very people you claim as "friends".

Maybe Ol' Jao made low marks in his "how to win allies and maintain friendships" module at Politician School?

i agree that copy right laws are all over the place and need to be unfed. 

as far as biden, i doubt very seriously that he or his team even considered anything about copyright infringement seeing how no one has said anything about it before now.  if the tune is as popular and is a national song as said surly there a few in finland or other finish people or other people that like that kind of music would have said something before now.

ol joe and crew weren't thinking anything other than trying to use the tagline Godspeed John Glenn as some sort of motivational inspiration for his illegitimate presidency.

checking every note of every piece music that has been published for the last hundred years that may have been submitted for approval would take a very long time. especially if there is only a short section and no other complainants before hand.
"it seems to me, that i could live my life a lot better than i think i am"

the working man

(01-26-2021, 08:48 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: i agree that copy right laws are all over the place and need to be unfed. 

as far as biden, i doubt very seriously that he or his team even considered anything about copyright infringement seeing how no one has said anything about it before now.  if the tune is as popular and is a national song as said surly there a few in finland or other finish people or other people that like that kind of music would have said something before now.

ol joe and crew weren't thinking anything other than trying to use the tagline Godspeed John Glenn as some sort of motivational inspiration for his illegitimate presidency.

checking every note of every piece music that has been published for the last hundred years that may have been submitted for approval would take a very long time. especially if there is only a short section and no other complainants before hand.

So, what you're saying is that Ol' Jao is as adept at unintentionally pissing off friends as he is at intentionally pissing them off?

Good call!

-Aldous Huxley

Good thread as any to drop this off for posterity.

Stealing Finland music? Maybe he is a COB fan? 

***RIP Alexi
My brother's ex-wife's family was from Finland, I never heard about this anthem. On the other had they did introduce me to Finlandia vodka, good stuff if you want top shelf booze.
[quote='PLOTUS' pid='62591' dateline='1611680180']
After his search to rally the young with cool music and failing, Traitor-Joe will just be mentioned as an old nincompoop about as remarkable as the Thunderbirds...
[Image: huK1nXc.jpg]

[Image: d054a9c771f3c5a1e4e0609d4daa5068.jpg]