Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Biden's Inauguration.
(01-21-2021, 10:36 PM)WonderCow Wrote: Does Trump still have the nuclear football?

Asking for a friend...  tinybiggrin

I saw an article yesterday about the nuclear football having been handed over to Biden, which is scary as hell to me, Terrifying, actually - what if he forgets what it is, and thinks he's only pushing the call button for a nurse to bring him a glass of warm milk in his tragic dementia?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-19-2021, 05:11 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: They knew before hand that no one would show up, so they used the C virus as an excuse, and they are posting flags on the Mall lawn where people would stand. Each flag represents a person. I guess it's okay to dream big when a dream is all you have. 
Wonder how much money it cost to buy that many flags, and to pay for having them placed?

And if you notice the symbolism, they have the U.S. flag turned upside down. That's not a good sign Folks!

[Image: EsGul81XMAcdLak?format=jpg&name=900x900]
That flag is just creepy. I don't have a good feeling at all about this new administration.
(01-21-2021, 11:24 PM)PuppupSuzieQ Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 05:11 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: They knew before hand that no one would show up, so they used the C virus as an excuse, and they are posting flags on the Mall lawn where people would stand. Each flag represents a person. I guess it's okay to dream big when a dream is all you have. 
Wonder how much money it cost to buy that many flags, and to pay for having them placed?

And if you notice the symbolism, they have the U.S. flag turned upside down. That's not a good sign Folks!

[Image: EsGul81XMAcdLak?format=jpg&name=900x900]
That flag is just creepy. I don't have a good feeling at all about this new administration.

And think about this for a minute: Biden only had about 2000 people at his "inauguration", but 25 THOUSAND armed guards to guard them. that's about 12 1/2 armed guards for every person there. The only other places I know of that do it that way are banana republics, where the dictator is so fearful and paranoid of his own people that he sees an assassin behind every bush when none are there... 

BTW, that flag is actually foreshortened, rather than upside down - look which way the stripes are running. But there IS some symbolism in a shrunken flag too, now isn't there? And it is "running at" us... projecting power from government towards the People, rather than from the People towards the government as it is supposed to be...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’