Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First they killed my father
Not sure if I ever posted this ? I am so glad this film was made even if few actually saw the finished product. It is a story of how a whole culture can almost totally be destroyed by strong armed mad men..

This is a subject close to my heart and history. I was flying in and out of Cambodia until the capital fell to Pol Pot's thugs. The real story is one of ultimate survival and how children killed their own parents because they were teachers or wore glasses.. NO SH*T !

Depending on who you listen to any where from one to four million were either out right killed or starved to death.. As America and the world stood by and did nothing.. It took the Vietnamese to finally stop Pol Pot's regime..

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....a truer saying has never been uttered IMO ...

Sadly, every great story of mankind overcoming the evils of totalitarianism is overshadowed by the sheer numbers that seem to want to inflict it. 

Such is history, it's no fairy tale. Because the "good" is in far too few numbers.
As I read this, I thought of today, right here January 2021 as you wrote

"Sadly, every great story of mankind overcoming the evils of totalitarianism is overshadowed by the sheer numbers that seem to want to inflict it. 

Such is history, it's no fairy tale. Because the "good" is in far too few numbers."