Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Political survival..... You & Family
Yes                                     but if there is Breath yet, there is still hope
There are more pressing things for some of us.... relatives and friends fighting a virus that is not choosy and the destruction it has wrought.
We can choose either  emotion, normalcy or hatred and in the end make some small difference.  
I am not flipping, I am, as many are...I am outraged at the evil that is being thrust upon us all under the guise of lawfulness and good. But consider, maybe that is part of "their" playbook. 

“Curiosity and irreverence go together. Curiosity cannot exist without the other. Curiosity asks, "Is this true?" "Just because this has always been the way, is the best or right way of life, the best or right religion, political or economic value, morality?" To the questioner, nothing is sacred. He detests dogma, defies any finite definition of morality, rebels against any repression of a free, open search of ideas no matter where they may lead. He is challenging, insulting, agitating, discrediting. He stirs unrest.”               Saul Alinsky 

There are those who find this the path and likely the same ones that have always practiced Saul's oratories.

Many will  not know who he is, yet his playbook is still in action   
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky
(01-11-2021, 04:00 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Yes                                     but if there is Breath yet, there is still hope

"Hope is that you live a bit longer before you die". Dark humor, yes, the truth----- who knows.
But if we lose hope we lose everything, hope is then replaced by hate.
(01-11-2021, 01:59 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Just remember, if the tables were turned around. Like the months of north west coast occupation, no police zones, fire, burning,  destruction, looting, murder. 
But the world is not fair.

They are intent on burning our world down, and building theirs up on it's ashes. Since that is the case, and they are unlikely to stop, I don't mind roasting a few marshmallows on the embers of THEIR world.

Fair is fair.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’